SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

SELAH MARLEY MODELS IT UP

Selah Marley,12, has been slowly easing herself into the fashion industry with occasional modeling gigs.  “I was in a hotel with my dad, and I was just joking around and said, ‘Oh yeah, Daddy, I want to model,’” she recently told Teen Vogue of how she took an interest in modeling. “I don’t know—the camera is just fun.”

When not modeling, Selah does a number of other things: “I do piano, violin, guitar, basketball, gymnastics, ballet—” and she is a straight A student!

So does Selah ever want to follow in her mother Lauryn Hill’s musical footsteps? “That’s on my list,” Selah said to Teen Vogue earlier this year. “People tell me I have to follow in the footsteps of my mom and grandfather, but it’s a lot of pressure—I can’t really slip up and mess up the name.”

More pictures of Selah are below!

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

44 Comments to “SELAH MARLEY MODELS IT UP”

• direk film izle November 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm

fdWe hope to enable businesses to highlight the qualities that make their locations stand out through professional, high-quality imagery.”

• Kiwiana September 5, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Does me proud to see the Marley-Hill Legacy shining on!

As well as being genetically blessed, Selah seems like a wise little lady. She is culturally gifted, intelligent and beautiful, and I am very glad that she’ll be around to provide a great role-model to future generations if she ever steps into the limelight. Music-wise, it’s a genetic match made in heaven; I won’t be surprised if we see her making a big name for herself on the music scene, and it’s sweet to see that she is considering the magnitude of her family names. It is a lot of pressure though, as she had stated, but with the support of her loved ones I’m sure she’ll thrive.

The future’s looking real bright for this youngin’. So happy to see one of Bob’s babies doing good.

• khrish July 30, 2011 at 6:04 pm

this young lady is gorgeous.

• Prettysanchez July 29, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Was that Marley character involved at all with the conception of this child?

She looks like Lauryn said ok i want a baby and impregnated herself!

Just BEAUTIFUL!!

• Lauryn Hill's Daughter Selah Marley Is A Model | The Frisky July 16, 2011 at 9:03 am

[...] anything, it’s that kids of famous parents have to work, too. Check out more photos of Selah here. [...]

• Lauryn Hill’s Daughter Selah Marley Is A Model July 16, 2011 at 8:48 am

[...] Selah Marley, the daughter of Lauryn Hill and Rohan Marley, has already graced the pages of Teen Vogue, and now new modeling pics of the gorgeous 12-year-old have surfaced. Knowing a bit about how jaded Lauryn became with the music industry and fans after the release of The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, I’m surprised she’s allowed Selah to plunge into the modeling world at such a young age. But if Willow and Jaden Smith have taught us anything, it’s that kids of famous parents have to work, too. Check out more photos of Selah here. [...]

• Liane July 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Gorgeous!

• Toya July 12, 2011 at 10:17 am

She is beautiful, looks just like her mom.

• Singersroom Gossip » inPhotos: Lauryn Hill’s Daughter Selah Marley Modeling Career Gets Serious! July 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm

[...] over at Black Celeb Kids, new photos have surfaced of Selah Marley’s recently photo-shoot looking all grown up, yet [...]

• Rae July 9, 2011 at 4:22 am

She’s beautiful!

• nakia July 8, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Such a pretty young lady looking just like her mom….. But who ever wrote the article should know her dad is Rohan not Stephen…..

• NoDoubt July 8, 2011 at 3:53 pm

That first pic, that’s Lauryn’s fashion style right there-eclectic with lots of jewelry, especially bracelets. Lol,I wonder if she sneaks into her mother’s closet and wears her clothes when she’s away on tour, since they’re just about the same size.

• Amerie July 8, 2011 at 11:12 am

she has a very unique look….she is very pretty

• jireha2 July 8, 2011 at 7:57 am

she really looks like lauryn.

• lolo July 8, 2011 at 5:08 am

She is too pretty, what a face she is definately gonna be a knockout when she grows up. A straight A student, very impressive and proud of Lauryn Hill parenting skills. Does anyone know if Willow and Jaden Smith are at shool?

• neenee July 8, 2011 at 4:25 am

she looks like her mommy

• FashionedbyGod33 July 7, 2011 at 10:30 pm

The first picture with the hat on, she looks just like her mother but the rest of the pictures, I see more of a mix. Cute girl. Best wishes.

• HAZEL July 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm

BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL

• Seriously July 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm

she is very pretty and talented too..I wish her well with all of her endeavors. :)

• KLS July 7, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Yes, Lauryn spit her out! Beautiful young lady. I wish her the best in her endeavors.

• Sherley July 7, 2011 at 4:57 pm

She looks so much like Lauren.

The first pic looks like a Willow creation.

• Trisha July 7, 2011 at 4:44 pm

She’s pretty. I didn’t recognize her, I see more of her dad in the 1st picture

I’m surprised BCK doesn’t have the pics of Egypt up yet. He’s super cute! & he doesn’t really have the nose I thought he would lol

• KekeB July 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I saw the pics of baby Egypt he doesn’t look much like Swizz as I would’ve expected (judging by the way he stamped his other kids lol) he is sooo cute.

• Misunderstood July 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Sherley google egypt dean and it will come up 7/7/11

• Sherley July 7, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I did check it out & the pic is not of Egypt.

Whomever it is, he sure is cute.

• Sherley July 7, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Wait now! Saw pics of Egypt on NB & he is adorable! OMGoodness he is too cute.

• Bubbles July 7, 2011 at 4:17 pm

She has the cutest face! Definitely a Lauren Minime.

• And Her Name Is Me July 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Gorgeous!

• What?! July 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm

She’s really pretty but the strapless dress and purple top she has on in the first pic shows too much cleavage for her age. The neck of her shirts should be higher.

• Pisces July 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Pretty little lady.

• My Opinion ^_^ July 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Pretty,well rounded lil girl awww.

• AplMacLady July 7, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Woo! Lauryn spit this girl out!!!!!!!!!!

I like that strapless outfit…

beautiful girl!

• UGOGURL July 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm

WOW! She looks just like her mom…BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!

• luvqtpies July 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm

She is beautiful!

• Misunderstood July 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm

She looks identical to her mother she’s a pretty girl.

• KekeB July 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm

She is a beauty and looks just like her mom especially in the first photo. I’m sure she will do great in music if she so chooses, that Marley mixed with Hill blood will produce nothing less than phenomenal, and I am glad to see she respects and understands the weight behind her legendary family name. I’m sure she will do great things in the future.

• jmells July 7, 2011 at 12:48 pm

She is too cute looking like a softer version of Lauryn Hill

• ShoeLVR July 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm

SUCH A PRETTY GIRL….LOOKS JUST LIKE LAUREN

• Tamika July 7, 2011 at 11:27 am

She has such a pretty, baby doll face. I really don’t care for her in the strapless dress, it just looks so out of character and forced.

• Brooks July 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

Stunning features!!!

• Shi July 7, 2011 at 10:28 am

I absolutely LOVE IT! Really feeling the fact that she is learning how to play 3 different instruments as well as being an athlete and dancer. I think that it’s good to immerse your kids in different things so that you/they can determine what their natural talent is and also what they enjoy doing. Eventually she’ll do only the things that she is talented in and likes the most but her experience in the other things will certainly benefit her in some way I’m sure. And of course the straight As trump it all. Glad that she doesn’t seem to be moving too fast into the industry. Beautiful girl. Wish her all he success in the world. Way to go Lauryn and Rohan(sp?)! Sounds like you raised a smart girl.

• Miss T July 7, 2011 at 10:18 am

She is a beautiful and accomplished young lady.

• MRSREYNOLDS July 7, 2011 at 10:17 am

beautiful!

• Amber July 7, 2011 at 9:57 am

Well it’s about time! She has one of the most uniquely beautiful faces I’ve ever seen! She should definitely consider a modeling career!
    I’m glad she takes her family name seriously too in terms of music. Please take it seriously boo boo; they have set a VERY high bar.