TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

UPCOMING: CHENTAL SONG-BEMBRY IS A TEEN AUTHOR

Chental-Song Bembry is the 14-year-old author and illustrator of her first children’s book “The Honey Bunch Kids“.

The book  follows the tale of three friends Desire “Dizzy” Williams, Chauncey a.k.a “Cheeks”, and Stewart as they enter middle school.

Through the Honey Bunch Kids and other future books, the teenpreneur hopes to “provide quality literature that both entertains and educates children between the ages of 7 and 12″ and ” to launch a literacy campaign that will one day change the way children think about reading. To inspire children to set goals for themselves.”

For more on Chental and her book, visit  TheHoneyBunchKids.net

This fall, Chental plans to release her second book.

BlackEnterprise.com

Tags : Posted in : Upcoming

18 Comments to “UPCOMING: CHENTAL SONG-BEMBRY IS A TEEN AUTHOR”

• Cheyenne August 10, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I’m a good friend of Chental’s and have known her for quite some time and it is amazing for me to see her business becoming so successful and her book receiving substantial results. I also read the book myself and thought it was amazing, funny, and a wonderful read. I remember when I would go over to her house and we would watch some TV and then draw certain things from episodes or anything that popped into our minds. The first time she showed me her drawing of Cheeks, I was amazed at how good the drawing was. I knew that she was very talented at drawing and at writing and I’m so proud to see her being a positive influence on many kids throughout the country. So keep up the good work Chental! You’re doing great! I also remember the time you inspired me to create my own character, but as you know, it didn’t turn out so well. But at least i tried and learned so many things from you like perseverance, determination, and to always work hard. Undoubtedly, you have worked so hard on this and kept working at it and you deserve these results due to your hard work. I just want you to know you’ve always been like a sister to me and I’m so proud of you!

Love,
    CB
    (haha. i was going to put my name, but then i remembered that we have the same initials so i thought it would be cooler to leave my initials. lol)

• Maryam August 9, 2011 at 8:51 am

Keep at it Chental :D. Even though I think ‘teenpreneur’ sounds funny, that’s what you are~! Continue writing and (omigod this is gonna sound so corny but) never give up~!

Best wishes~!

(it’s 9:51 am, sorry if there are typos =.=)

• sd.superstar10000 August 8, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Chental has been my close friend for more than two years now. She’s a really funny, intelligent, amazing person. When she told me that she had written and published a children’s book, I was surprised that she had done so while we were only in middle school- it would take someone pretty ambitious to even attempt that. She always loves to draw, (especially cartoons…Phineas and Ferb all the way ;D ) and illustrating her own book is a great achievement as well… so great job Chental :) You’re the best! <3

~SD~

• Akeil August 8, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Its only a matter of time before Chental is on the NY Times bestsellers’ list. Good Luck, Chental

• Mervyn Larrier August 8, 2011 at 9:17 pm

That’s what it means to follow your dreams! Good going Chental, keep at what you’re doing, I know you’re going to make it big. I believe in you. :)

• Mary August 8, 2011 at 9:13 pm

wow, chental this is really great, you have gotten so far :)

• Dlandz August 8, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Awesome! Great job Chental! :)

• Mikachu August 8, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Chental you’re an inspiration for young writers, keep up the good work!

• starr08 July 8, 2011 at 11:10 am

Good for you ChentaL! Your doing a greatt job. I Love it!..

• KekeB July 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

This is inspiring and I wish her much success. Its good to see children shine by taking the academic route. My lil 14yo sis just told me she wants to rap/model and I was so heart broken, but if thats her dream then hey what do we do. Anywho kudos to Ms Chental-Song Bembry.

• Lisa Lambert July 7, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Chental I couldn’t be prouder of you, you really are making a difference in young people’s lives. It’s amazing how many children I speak to who now love to read because of your book and can not wait to find out the adventures in the next book. Keep up the excellent work but most of all continue to have fun!

• Seriously July 7, 2011 at 11:38 pm

She is pretty.org!!! And her book sound interesting that I want to read it. Someone should consider turning her books into a cartoon series. Congrats to you Chental with all of your success AND please keep up the good work! :)

• HAZEL July 7, 2011 at 9:58 pm

GOOD FOR HER KIDS ARE THE FUTURE.

• Dinah July 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Congrats sweetie keep up the good work and hope to see more of your work in the future….GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

• Teri July 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Congratulations, Chental! I wish you much, much success! It’s also encouraging to see children interested in reading, and to have an author this young is wonderful.

These kids are all so cute, and I love how they are discussing the book/characters – book club for children.

Way to go!

P.S. The illustrations are cool too.

• Me 2 July 7, 2011 at 6:24 pm

This is so amazing. Chental seems very smart and so do the other kids in the video. The kids are all so cute. That seems like a very good book too.

• Misunderstood July 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I love to see kids doing something constructive with themselves kudos sweetheart.

• Teri July 7, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I fully agree with your statement, Misunderstood :-)