PHOTOS: EMILY B’S DAUGHTER CELEBRATES BIRTHDAY WITH ’16 IN THE CITY’ BASH

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

DJIMON HOUNSOU AND HIS BIG APPLE BOY

Djimon Hounsou and his Kenzo Hounsou,2, were spotted arriving at a hotel in New York City yesterday(Aug 2nd). Mom Kimora Lee Simmons(not pictured) wasn’t far behind the duo.

PHOTOS: Check out adorable pictures of Kenzo from the Art For Life event

The actor finds it ‘hard’ being away from his family when he has to travel for work.

“That’s the only hard part about making movies. I wish some of those movies [would] allow my family to come on
some of those locations so that I wouldn’t be so lonely and so left out and so, you know, away from my family. So that part of it makes me think twice. Before I take another film, I have to find out the location and find out the money and all of that has to come together because it’s really tough,”  he revealed to Blackvoices recently.

More pictures below!

Photo: INFphoto.com

Tags : Posted in : Actors

79 Comments to “DJIMON HOUNSOU AND HIS BIG APPLE BOY”

• shando66 October 31, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Well i think that he is a beautiful little boy but i see very little asian in him if at all. You guys talk about Kimora as if she is full asian. Don’t forget that she is half black herself , making Kenzo what…3/4 black?

• Jen DC August 5, 2011 at 11:40 am

I think Kenzo is beauuuuuutiful. All that pretty dark skin, his curly ‘fro, his fine *ss daddy… And he’s got a wonderful smile, his sisters adore him – that kid’s L-U-C-K-Y everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

• Pisces August 4, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Just don’t forget…every Asian, White, Hispanic, bi racial, etc. are not ALL cute either! I think what we find attractive is part of our early indoctrination in life.

If a comment is made on BCK about a biracial child that is unflattering, a lot of people go ballistic and the writing assaults, primarily calling Black women “racist” and “trolls”.

If being pro Black and loving and embracing my own kind is “racist”, then I proudly wear that jacket as do other ethnicities who love , accept and embrace their own.

Just human nature.

• Uche August 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Maybe Djimon shuld start Bringing His family in whatever Location he is shooting like Brad and Angelina always do so u dont miss anything….For the person sayn that Djimon can live off Kimora he just wrapped up a movie and he is about to start shooting the next one….He Works hard so do Kimora…i luv kimora and djimon together and there Blended Family…Kenzo is my fav

• Nhzinga August 4, 2011 at 11:39 am

Kenzo is sooo cute! He’s going to be tall like his parents I can tell. I don’t think they’ll cut hi hair or perm it–look at his older sisters’ natural hair. I agree with another poster though–Usher needs to brush his damn hair!

• sidjaz August 4, 2011 at 11:09 am

What a gorgeous little boy. I have 2 girls and I thought that I was satified but everytime I see this beautiful little boy I yearn for a little chocolate boy.

• Gunnerman's Mommy August 4, 2011 at 10:11 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE Kenzo! His smooth chocolate brown skin gets me everytime;) And that hair <3

I'm trying to get my son's hair like this now (he's b/w bi-racial) but I have no idea what product to put on it! LOL! I have bought everything on the shelf………….and the black hair salon I took him to told me to use hair grease:/ It will get there by gosh or I will go broke trying!

• What?! August 4, 2011 at 9:54 am

I honestly think if he was his sisters’ complexion you’d have a different opinion.

• What?! August 4, 2011 at 9:39 am

I have GOOD HAIR because I have AFRICAN in me :D

• Celeste August 4, 2011 at 7:30 am

Are you sure about that? Look up Dr. Kenneth and Mamie Clark and get back to me.

• Pisces August 4, 2011 at 1:19 am

If this were a picture of Nahla and her fashion model Dad, people would be saying “They’re so beautiful, Nahla looks just like her handsome father Gabriel!”

This would be said even if Nahla’s hair looked like she just rolled out of bed and hadn’t been combed (which there are pictures of her looking like that in BCK archives).

Djimon was a globally reknowned model who walked the catwalks of London and Paris, yet some typing here just can’t see beauty in him or his son. It’s a matter of personal taste, I guess or just another double standard.

Both Dad’s have been gorgeous models which validates them both as certified hunks, and Nahla and Kenzo are both cute kids of mixed heritage, in my opinion.

• Sigh August 3, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Anyone who can’t see and appreciate Djimon’s and Kenzo’s beauty has fully adopted the European standard of beauty: pale skin, light eyes, light hair, straight hair, straight nose, and very thin or no lips. The closer you are to that standard, the more beautiful you are in their eyes. The farther away, the more unattractive you appear to them.

• CHERISH August 3, 2011 at 8:49 pm

thats odd having pink lips and red hair on a darkskin person.where did he get the red hair from?

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm

WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm

HIS HAIR LOOKS LIKE HIS SISTERS AND HIS LIPS LOOK JUST LIKE KIMORA’S. HE IS GORGEOUS. HE IS THE PERFECT MIX OF HIS HANDSOME FATHER AND BEAUTIFUL MOTHER. ASIAN AND AFRICAN. BEAUTY!

• Celeste August 3, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Whoo boy! I did not cherish that response!

• What?! August 4, 2011 at 9:45 am

Hahaha. Are you around a lot of black ppl? I’ve had neighbours who were both dark skinned and their eldest son was dark with dark hair, their second was brown with dirty brown hair and last was light skinned with dirty blond naps. I’ve seen lil boys where I live with red-ish/orange-ish/blonde-ish hair and pink lips who were all kinds of skin tones.

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:47 pm

KENZO DEFINATELY LOOKS ASIAN AND AFRICAN. ITS SUCH A UNIQUE LOOK AND ITS BEAUTIFUL!

• Hmm August 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm

He doesn’t have the “good hair?”

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:49 pm

YOUR RIGHT HE DOESNT HAVE GOOD HAIR, HE HAS GREAT GREAT GREAT HAIR. SO BEAUTIFUL, CURLY AND KINKY. I LOVE IT. AFRO’S ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SO IS KENZO!

• Juriah August 3, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Kenzo is a cutie. I think he will resemble Tyson, the model, when he grows up. Djimon, um not so much!

• B. August 3, 2011 at 7:01 pm

He’s a handsome guy, their son is a cutie pie, too.

• Stacy August 3, 2011 at 6:59 pm

If you can’t see that Kenzo is a cutie you must be blind or color struck.

• Kyndel August 3, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Whoa, that boy looks full African! Hi Kenzo!

• Celia August 3, 2011 at 4:10 pm

What do you mean “Full African”, are you referring to his skin, because I know many different people who are “full African” and are light skinned.

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:55 pm

KYNDEL HIS EYES AND FACE LOOKS ASIAN. SO I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. SOME OF HIS FEATURES LOOK AFRICAN BUT MOST OF HIS FEATURES LOOK ASIAN!

• What?! August 4, 2011 at 9:38 am

If his skin wasn’t dark ppl would see his asian features lol.
        Some ppl are so colour struck.

• Karlisa August 4, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I am not trying to be smart or anything I swear, but but where do you see any trace of asian in him I just want you to point it out to me. Too me its not the color that makes me not be able to see his asian side because to me Aoki doesnt look asian to me either and shes lighter than him. she looks like shes Hawiian or Native American or its probably me. Maybe Im just biased cause she favors my cousin whos is half black/ and Native American. Kenzo looks Idk I just cant put my tongue on it but he dont look “full African” or mixed with “Asian” Ming looks mixed with asain because she has them almond eyes but thats all I see that makes her look Asian. My sister says he looks mixed with aboriginal idk *shrugs*

• Karlisa August 4, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I just learn using the word U G L Y keeps bck from posting my comment so Ima change the word. Lol. I ambnot saying that hes not “attractive” he is Beautiful with his reddish dark chocolate skin, full kissy lips and “round” (not almond) eyes.

• Karlisa August 5, 2011 at 12:53 am

O and dont forget that hes only 25% asian because Djimon is full African and Kimora is Half asian not full Asian even though she might look it.

• Lez August 3, 2011 at 1:51 pm

He is soo cute! I love his little pink lips! However, it looks like he’s definitely one that should keep a haircut. Maybe a taper with his curls or something.

• What?! August 3, 2011 at 2:55 pm

It never ceases to amaze me when ppl want to cut off tightly coiled hair but will give loose curls a chance to grow. Smh.

• Billie'sMom (aka Amy) August 3, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Loose, tight, kinky, curly, straight, wavy or spikey… I don’t care. Just cut it!! And keep it neat and combed, or you’ll end up with a kid looking like Usher by the head (see pic on right of screen)!

• Misunderstood August 3, 2011 at 3:33 pm

@Billie’sMom Girl don’t u know they will cut ur head off talking about his hair please forgive Billie’sMom(aka)Amy for she not know what she say. Lmao I agree cut it off

• Billie'sMom (aka Amy) August 3, 2011 at 5:03 pm

LOL!!!

• What?! August 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm

There will be no beheading going on in this thread so chill and stop being so dramatic.

• Sherley August 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I don’t know Amy, on some kids, it looks okay & works for their faces. On other kids, it should be kept low.

I personally keep my son’s hair very low cut & Usher just needs to comb his.

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I agree with Sherley. I think that this hairstyle looks cute on Kenzo, where as a short haircut works better for Henry’s facial features in my opinion. I’m definitely not anti-nappy.

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:54 pm

NEVER CUT THAT GORGEOUS HAIR. ITS SO KINKY CURLY AND ITS BEAUTIFUL. HE WILL DEFINATELY BE A MODEL. ITS JUST SAD THAT SOME AFRICAN AMERICANS DONT EVEN LIKE THEIR OWN HAIR. GO TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND TELL YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE SAD FOR YOUR CREAMY CRACK ADDICTION. STOP THE RELAXERS PEOPLE, AND INSTEAD, JUST RELAX!

• Midnite August 3, 2011 at 1:36 pm

He is growing up fast a big two year old. cute looking like Aoki.

• Billie'sMom (aka Amy) August 3, 2011 at 1:19 pm

As I said before… great mixture of both parents, unique features and beautiful reddish tones under that pretty chocolate. Little man is gonna be tall and a model for sure!

• Pisces August 3, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Having beautiful parents that both modeled professionally, Kenzo was destined to be beautiful. Can’t wait to see him after his first haircut.

• What?! August 3, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I hope they never cute those curls. Kimora said they’re going to grow it out and that she isn’t going to cut it.

• Pisces August 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Gorgeous father/son pictures. I embrace African features that may be, in some people’s eyes, devoid of other ethnicities (though I can see Kenzo’s maternal Asian features in his cute little face) and can see the beauty in these two.

I don’t understand why some people have an aversion to African features. To each his own, I guess.

Djimon was a male model and whatever agency signed him knew he had what it took in the looks department to be successful.

• What?! August 4, 2011 at 9:37 am

Yes I do see his asian features also.

• Misunderstood August 3, 2011 at 11:42 am

Where is my comment to Sherley? BCK ur slipping

• Sherley August 3, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I have posted several comments on other posts between yesterday & today & do not see any of them. Seriously, what’s up BCK?

• Celeste August 3, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Idris and I decided those comments needed to GO!

• Sherley August 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kc August 11, 2011 at 9:34 pm

They don’t keep anything thing up that is even slightly negative!

• What?! August 3, 2011 at 11:36 am

This lil cutie is gorgeous.

• Say What August 3, 2011 at 11:19 am

Its funny how people complained so much about heidi’s kids hair but dont say a thing about his hair.. Maybe its bc heidi is white.. Js

• shopaholic August 3, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Were people complaining about Henry and Johan’s hair? I only saw complaints about Lou’s hair.

• EVELINA RAE August 4, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Heidi talked about how she asked Lamar Odom where he gets his hair done and that guy did Johan and Henry’s hair. She also says she only goes to hair styles that know how to deal with “curly hair” and that she uses conditioner and detangler on Lou, Johan and Henry. I give Heidi an A+ for here effort. ;)

• PlainMean August 4, 2011 at 3:44 pm

……….. But…. Lamar Odom doesn’t have hair.

• EVELINA RAE August 4, 2011 at 3:54 pm

LOL, good point, I dunno it’s what she said.

“Henry, Johan and Lou — my three youngest — have super beautiful locks. Their hair definitely requires a different kind of care than my daughter Leni’s hair. I’ve learned to never brush their curly hair when it’s dry because then it’ll frizz. I use lots of conditioner and detangler, and only go to hairdressers who really KNOW how to cut and style curly hair.”

She adds, “I’ve let my boys’ hair grow really really long, and just recently they asked me to cut off their beautiful hair! It was funny because it was definitely harder for ME in some ways, as I absolutely love their hair! I’m their Mom — I’ve been the one to carefully brush and help them care for it all these years, but I do want them to be who they want to be. I think that’s really important, to allow kids to express themselves — everything from the way they dress to how they want their hair. And now, that meant short.”

Not only did her sons wanted their hair short, they wanted some style too.

“And of course, it was not just simple short! They wanted mohawks with special designs to them, so I asked Lamar Odom who did his cool star-design buzz, and then contacted his stylist. He gave my kids these buzz cuts with amazing individual designs… great for the summer because they’re COOL, in both senses of the word!”

• realistic August 3, 2011 at 11:16 am

he was also in ‘push’ which came out a couple years ago…with Dakota Fanning and can’t remember who else.

• jai August 3, 2011 at 10:18 am

Dijmon was in a movie that came out last year, but it was a foreign film, not U.S. released. Look at his IMDB profile.

• Anna August 3, 2011 at 10:12 am

Man time goes by fast. Still remember when Kimora was pregnant.He is adorable! Loving his hair

• Seriously August 3, 2011 at 10:01 am

Kenzo is handsome.org!!!

• KekeB August 3, 2011 at 9:45 am

He is so cute, I love his curls, his complexion and his cute little lips.

• juice August 3, 2011 at 9:31 am

kenzo is so adorable…he happens to be one of my favourite BCK kids (He and Sandra Bullock’s lil man are such cuties)!

• Jonella August 3, 2011 at 9:13 am

Uh those are some cute sandals.

• Bookworm J August 3, 2011 at 9:11 am

Wow, they are a ..unique looking duo.

I like his sandals though. Anyone know where I can find them?

• Sherley August 3, 2011 at 9:07 am

Kenzo is too cute for words.

Since there is a fight for Idris, I may have to switch to Dijimon. Hope Kimora doesn’t mind sharing like the women on here do. ;)

• Misunderstood August 3, 2011 at 11:38 am

@Sherley nope she doesn’t mind go head girl she might give u first dibs on Russell as well lmao. Take him I have enough problems fighting Celeste go head Sherley give ol Misunderstood a break baby thank u lmao.

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 11:58 am

What do you mean where? If you don’t see it, you don’t see it.

• Sherley August 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I do not see how you do not see his cuteness, but that is you.

He’s cute to me..his skin, his features, him being a 2yr old child..he’s cute. So sorry you cannot see his beauty.

• TT August 3, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Where don’t you see the cuteness? He is extremely handsome unless you just don’t like dark skin and spiral curled hair…why should they cut his hair? Look at all the kid models right now…they try to have their hair like that.

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm

SOME OF YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY BLIND. HE HAS GORGEOUS HAIR AND FEATURES. PERFECT MIX OF ASIAN AND AFRICAN. AFRO KINKY CURLY HAIR IS THE BEST KIND OF HAIR TO HAVE.

• Bubbles August 4, 2011 at 12:12 am

This is a beautiful black baby boy!!!

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 8:36 am

Theres my little Kenzo! I don’t even remember the last movie I’ve seen Djimon in. The only thing that comes to mind is Blood Diamonds and that was ages ago!

• anevamoore August 3, 2011 at 4:13 pm

what about beauty shop and that fighting movie?

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Oh, guess I’m not a big fan of his work.

• Victoria August 4, 2011 at 3:34 pm

He has done alot since then but alot of Djimon’s work is in foreign films I think.

• S. August 7, 2011 at 7:26 pm

“Oh, guess I’m not a big fan of his work”

You need to watch Amistad!

• Shaydy Oakz August 3, 2011 at 8:07 am

Passing up those opportunites is going to hurt him in the long run but I guess he can live off of Kimora, if he gets too lonely be a stay-at-home dad.

• I SAID IT "DAT" August 3, 2011 at 7:46 am

CUTE BABY!!

• sillyme August 3, 2011 at 6:50 am

What a great looking man, and little Kenzo is absolutely adorable. Would love to see him and Kimora have a girl together.