ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

OUT AND ABOUT: USHER AND SONS

Usher Raymond and his sons, Usher V (Cinco),3, and Naviyd,2, were spotted walking through New York City this afternoon(July 3rd).

The dad of two recently sat down with Essence.com and revealed why he is motivated to be the best father he can be.

“I pull from my father not being there to be a great father, I just think of everything I wanted him to do. Everything I admire about African-American families, and a lot of us have Cliff Huxtable to thank. He raised a lot of us, being able to look at the kind of dad he was in theory. Whoever the writers were on “The Cosby Show,” we’ve got to thank them because they filled in the gap for families that didn’t have the structure. I got to thank Uncle Phil from “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and even Redd Foxx [for his time on "Sanford and Son"] a little bit. For a kid who didn’t have a dad there, I lived through those characters.”

Photos: See pictures of Usher and his big apple boys in May of this year

More pictures below!

Photos: INFphoto.com

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

31 Comments to “OUT AND ABOUT: USHER AND SONS”

• princess0609 August 7, 2011 at 11:18 am

I kind of like how he always dresses them different. Most siblings close in age and the same sex wear alot of the same things. Im guilty of that with my girls, but I have to admit I like the fact that he never dresses them alike.

• I SAID IT "DAT" August 4, 2011 at 1:40 pm

CUTE CHURN LOL…& DADDY IS DEF A LOOKER, I USED TO BE SO IN LOVE WITH HIM IN 98

• Lunchtime Links With Rick Schroder And Eric Estrada | BabyRazzi August 4, 2011 at 11:16 am

[...] MTV dumped to premiere Jersey Shore. (SheKnows Entertainment) Usher Raymond spotted with his boys. (BlackCelebKids) Which VIP famous dad turns 50 today? (Hollybaby) See Halle Berry’s cute lunch date. (I’m [...]

• Ms Lady August 4, 2011 at 9:30 am

Usher has some cute boys.

• RandomTandem August 4, 2011 at 9:10 am

What about Carl Winslow? lol

• What?! August 4, 2011 at 9:26 am

Hahaha so random lol.

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 10:38 pm

As I said in a previous comment that hasn’t post… Usher’s hair looks to be in the beginning stages of a style – maybe dredlocks or some type of twists. I agree with “What?!”, some BCKers act appalled when someone with nappy hair doesn’t cut it or have it pulled back and slicked down!

• Billie'sMom (aka Amy) August 4, 2011 at 12:40 am

Yeah, it could be in the beginning stages of a hairstyle, but can’t he at least brush around the edges, lol?! I really don’t care for dreads, locks or twists, but I have seen people with those hairstyles that I can’t help but give props to. Their hair just looked so neat and well managed. An un-combed head is just a pet peeve of mine. If you can’t comb it, at least throw a hat on it, Usher.

• Celeste August 4, 2011 at 8:02 am

Bah! Usher has a shape up and in that shape are his happy naps which I also have and think should be seen MORE. Maybe you’d like him to weave in some Hawaiian silky or wear a lace front wig! smh

• PlainMean August 4, 2011 at 8:35 am

No, if he’s going for locks or twists it cannot be brushed or combed. That would defeat the purpose. And his edges are clean and lined up. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but it’s HIS head!

• What?! August 4, 2011 at 9:32 am

Maybe that is his idea of combed hair.
        We don’t know what he did to achieve that look in the first place.
        I have a neighbour who would get up put some moisturizer in and just give his naps a lil twisty turn and he’d head out adn to him his hair was fixed to his liking.
        I think some black ppl aren’t accustomed to seeing our naps IN OUR FACES and free; so we are appalled when someone doesn’t “tame their mane” the way we’ve been taught.
        Whenever I give my nephew a bath, I never comb his hair out.
        I just moisturize and leave it, caus I love his lil coils but my mother prefers to comb his hair out into an afro because she thinks that it looks “neater”.
        I guess it all comes down to preference but we need to learn to appreciate and accept our hair in it’s natural state.

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 10:37 pm

BCK, you’re really irking my nerves with comments not showing or “awaiting moderation” for hours. Many posters have complained. Are you going to address this issue???

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Looks like he’s trying to grow dredlocks or some sort of style and it’s just in the beginning stages. I agree with “What?!”, some people on this site act appalled when people with nappy hair don’t have a haircut or have it pulled back and slicked down.

• Bri August 3, 2011 at 10:14 pm

BCK has turned into a troll spot. A bunch of black women stuck on race. Anyway, Ursh and his boys look great, HAIR and all!! Love yourselves BLACK women!

• PlainMean August 3, 2011 at 10:40 pm

You know the B in BCK stands for Black right? Race is a big part of this website… If you have an issue with it, try checking out other sites that feature all celeb kids.

• Pisces August 4, 2011 at 1:54 am

Agree. As if other people besides Black women don’t care about race. Also, all people care about hair styling, family life and the myriad of other topics we exchange ideas about when chatting on this site which has a Black point of view.

Some people act like White, Asian and Hispanic people don’t cut and style their hair. All parents care about grooming their children and they discuss it just as we do.

• Seriously August 3, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I agree with Usher..I grew upwatching Bill Cosby and longed for a dad like..someone involved and there everyday. I also wanted and did graduate from college from watching Different World..the best shows came from the 90′s and 80s. Miss those days…

• Meela August 3, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Get in line honey!!!

Usher is mine because we know he likes the cougars!!

Haircut or NOT!

There is nothing sexier than a “MAN” who takes care of his children!

It’s a beautiful sight!

• What?! August 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm

They both are cutsters but I have a special place in my heart for little Naviyd.
    His hair just looks dry, that much I’d admit.
    Maybe he’s not going for a groomed look *shrugs*
    It’s very interesting when ppl are in shock and almost put off when ppl with kinky won’t cut their hair.
    I swear black ppl are the most offended by black hair.

• Trisha August 3, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Lmao @Miss Boss Lady

Usher has such a cute smile! Nayvid looks older than Cinco lol

• Nikki G August 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

*Usher

• Nikki G August 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

The kids are beautiful. Ushes does need a haircut badly.

• juice August 3, 2011 at 5:29 pm

LOL to the above comment…Husband? ah well, we have to dream now and then. I love Usher and his boys…Cinco is starting to look more like his dad and is such a cutie (i love the picture of him and his dad thats in the gallery/ to my right).

• MelodyBlu August 3, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I love Usher’s natural curly hair, and his boys hair too. They look happy, he looks happy, I say kuddos for him being a down to earth and humble father. His children are blessed with something a lot of kids don’t have… An actual father and dad.

• mel August 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm

When he performed in our facility he brought both his boyz along so I give him alot credit for wanting to be in his kids lives. There are so many boys who need their fathers and I just think Usher deserves alot of credit….

• Misunderstood August 3, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I agree with Celia he really needs to cut that hair seriously even the babies look like they need hair cuts. Loving him spending time with his boys he really loves them

• Sherley August 3, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I’ll settle for him running a comb & brush through it at least once a week.

• connie1 August 3, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I LOVE HIS HAIR. I HATE MEN WHO HAVE LOW HAIR CUTS TO HIDE THEIR NATURAL KINKS. HIS HAIR LOOKS GORGEOUS ON HIM. HE SHOULDNT HIDE ANY OF IT AND HIS SONS ARE GORGEOUS.

• Celeste August 4, 2011 at 7:59 am

Thank you, Connie. He’s nappy and HAPPY!

• Shaydy Oakz August 3, 2011 at 4:17 pm

its funny how one looks like him now and the other one when he was 13..

• Celia August 3, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Usher has been out of the spotlight for quite some time now, glad to see he’s spending time with his boys. He really needs a haircut though.