ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

BASKETBALL MOMS LA

You may recognize them as the stars of the popular series “Basketball Wives LA”, but these ladies say that they are much more than reality stars. The moms-(L to R)Imani Showalter, Draya Michelle, Laura Govan, Gloria Govan, Malaysia Pargo, and Jackie Christie- recently sat down with Jet magazine to explain why they are more ‘soccer mom than club fixture.’

Imani Showalter
Age 35, younger than 40
3 children( Ages 14,7, and 5)
On not living off her kids: “It isn’t about the money. He’s their father. A check can’t tuck you in at night or tell your daughter how great she is. And honestly, the check isn’t that great. I’m not a spendthrift. My kids need to go to college.”

Draya Michelle
Age 25
1 kid(Age 8 )
On rumors about her son: “[The rumors about my son] get addressed on the show. I will say you can’t believe everything you hear. It is very hard being a mom in the industry. My mother is my support system. She lives in Pennsylvania with my son. We see each other almost every week. He stays with her while I’m here working.”

Laura Govan
Age 31
4 Kids(Ages 5,4, 11/2, and newborn)
On her relationship with her kids’ father: “A piece of paper saying you’re married doesn’t define[the relationship]. I’ve been with Gilbert for 10 years; we’re married-I don’t give a damn what he says. He’s the father of my four children. I don’t see any other man in the household with me.”

Gloria Govan
Age 26
Twins(Ages 3)
On Marriage:
“I believe in marriage. My parents have been married for 36 years…but i’d cancel eight weddings to make sure that when i wed it’s right. We’ve been working at it for five years. I don’t feel like there’s a challenge we haven’t faced.”

Malaysia Pargo
Age 30
3 Kids(Ages 4 and 11-month-old twins)
On why she joined the show: “I thought the show was going to be like family. I’ve been blessed to be on teams where the women were welcoming. We have fun outside of basketball;we’d go to the mall of Bible study. I came in with an open mind.”

Jackie Christie
Age 43
3 children(Ages 22,18,10)
On Family: “My family is first. Doug and I are best friends.[Traveling with the team] wasn’t seen during his time in the NBA, but i did it. We tell everybody ‘you have to stay committed to the commitment.”

Pick up the latest issue(October) of Jet Magazine for more on the ‘basketball moms’.

Tags : Posted in : Reality Stars and their Kids

50 Comments to “BASKETBALL MOMS LA”

• Gloria Film Télécharger March 16, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that
    I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write
    again very soon!

• ToccaraJones April 3, 2012 at 9:45 am

Why y’all hating?? I love the show… why don’t you tricks come up with something better then and quit naggin’

• Just sayin October 21, 2011 at 9:14 pm

These h@es are clearly lying about age. Jackie says 43 and Imani is saying 35 yeah right! More like 60 and 45

• AplMacLady October 2, 2011 at 4:05 am

Imani needs to quit lying. She is not 35…lol

• Lisa September 29, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Sheeeesh!! these women are tired old looking. Malaysia and Gloria are the only ones that look like decent.

• Pisces September 29, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Agree. This is evidence that any of us women can be a baller’s mate. You just have to know how to get close enough to one ( an athlete) to snag him, if that’s your taste.

• Aishah October 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

@Pisces I totally agree with you!

• Sunnygirl September 29, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I don’t like Gloria that much at all she tries to act like a white girl and is never around for the drama. She brought Draya into the “circle” and she made a comment last week about Draya stripping. They are all threatened by Draya because she is in shape.

The “Circle” is not a place to be envious of for sure with those chicks

If I was Draya I would not care about the Ghetto Bougie Circle they have.

Jackie needs to quit with being mad at Draya for missing her wedding also.

• ShondaNicole September 29, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Someone please tell me the age is wrong for Laura! There is no way this 40 year old women is younger than the other sister. I’m not buying it. Sorry, no way. Shaunie did this show to enbrass Gloria and Laura. Payback is a _____! lol Shaunie is a very smart women.

• Sherley September 29, 2011 at 6:24 pm

BCK..I do not see children, all I see is picture of a group of women.

I want to see children, not a bunch of groupie women having kids as if they are freebies.

• jazziegurl September 29, 2011 at 5:34 pm

the show should be called i once had sex with an athlete because only 3 are married and only 2 in the pic.

• California September 29, 2011 at 5:31 pm

The show should not be called Basketball Wives, it should be called Basketball Weaves.

• SANI September 29, 2011 at 5:12 pm

WHAT’S GOING ON ADMINISTRATION MY COMMENT NEVER POSTED?

• curvez September 29, 2011 at 4:52 pm

What happened to Tanya, how com I dont see her on the show no more

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 4:59 pm

She did an interview last week and stated that she refused to act like a fool and fight so the execs decided not to put her in too many scenes.

• Khia September 29, 2011 at 4:30 pm

lol Laura looks like a man..she is definitely an odd looking creature

• a2z1 September 29, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Is this a bad pic? Some of the women look a little rough.

• noname September 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

• noname September 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

“i was wondering what happend to Kimsha-only saw her briefly on the 1st episode! Forgot all about her ”

meant to say “happened”

• Football Wife September 30, 2011 at 9:16 am

I just realized Kimisha wasn’t on there wow I liked her, and wasn’t there another lady with dreads? Anyone know what happened to her she was on the epsoide when laura was fighting.

Last statement does anyone else notice how the “rings” are flashing? Give me a break.

• Misunderstood September 30, 2011 at 4:51 pm

@Football Wife, Tanya was the one with the dreads she left the show on her own she said the way those women act she refused to be apart of it can’t blame her one bit!

• MRSREYNOLDS September 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

smh i would never have my life on tv!

• Black Beauty September 29, 2011 at 3:27 pm

To see how these grown females(I can’t even call them women) act the way they do on National T.V. is utterly disgusting. They have children for god sake. I understand trying to make money but “What does it profit a man to gain the world and lose your soul?” Do they realize there children are going to see this show at some point in there life. And only one of them are actually married to an current NBA player which is Malaysia Pargo so why is this show called Basketball Wives of LA? I can’t stand Jackie who made her the MoMa of Basktetball Hoe Down LA? Of all of them I respect Draya for her hustle she’s actually grinding for her money no pun intended but not for leaving her child at home alone though.

• Misunderstood September 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Girl and Malaysia’s husband is a nobody a non factor in the NBA world!!! Actually none of these women men r something to cry home to momma about ughhhhhhh!!!

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Imani talks about her values but she lived with a man fot years, had children and was not married, who is she to judge or call someone out on anything. She need to get a clue and leave Draya alone.

Laura four kids, no ring, no income and no home. Had an affair with a married man and tries to come off like she has class, no boo boo, no class. Where are her kids, really a two bedroom apartment and five people, that sounds unfit to me.

Gloria the fake, trying to maintain a fake image to Matt Barnes but again no ring.

Jackie, really your third marriage who does she think she is? Everyone sends out invitations to events in their lives but who confronts someone because they don’t come to your 100th wedding. Get it together Crazy lady. She thinks she is so high and mighty but wait until her truth is told.

• Ebony Starr September 29, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Jackie onlytold Laura about her 3 marriages because she knew that her daughter would out her on it. She still seems so smitten with her “white is right” ex husband! I wondered what happened with that relationship, since she described him as a “sweetie”?!

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Excatly! She was so into the white guy she had married. And for the record, I believe Jackie estranged daughter. How could Jackie have time to be a great mom to when she wasnt even around for the girl..she was too busy trying to find her next husband. She only catered to the two youngest kids bc they came from her RICH baller husband. And he is such a lame, for real

• Infiniti278 September 30, 2011 at 1:09 am

Jackie is obsessed with marriage! She has OCD! In my opinion, nobody in their right mind would want to keep getting married over and over and over again? Are u serious? How many times do you have to remind yourself you’re in love with this person? Her husband is a lame smh

• khrish September 30, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I was thinking the same thing. So what if she didn’t come. Why was she so upset? She barely knew the girl. Anyway, it doesn’t matter she can catch it next year since they marry every year. LOL

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 3:00 pm

And I think “Basketball Moms of LA” is a more appropriate title for this show..considering that only two are actually married to ballers.

• PlainMean September 29, 2011 at 3:04 pm

It should be called Bitter Basketball Groupies!

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 3:07 pm

LOL, such a true statement!

• Misunderstood September 29, 2011 at 3:39 pm

@PlainMean I wish we had a like button cause that comment was exactly what that show should be called!!

• Black Beauty September 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Well actually only one is married to a baller (Malaysia Pargo),the other (Jackie Christie) is married to a retired baller she needs to go sit down some where.

• Truth Seeker September 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I would feel bad for them if they weren’t complicit in their own demise. And delusional, goodness! Why would you even bother with a man if you have to say something like “we’re married-I don’t give a damn what he says.”? Just sad.

• scorpio4lyfe September 29, 2011 at 2:44 pm

oh this is just crazy a bunch of grown women in there 30′s and 40′s acting a fool and with kids…#growup and ladies come on lets get it together…we need to boycott some of these reality shows they are a #wasteoftime….

• PlainMean September 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

My comment is awaiting moderation! Lol BCK you better check my comment! Putting this trash on here! Major eye rolling right now!

• Trisha September 29, 2011 at 5:02 pm

LMAO @ BCK you better check my comment. My comments always go to moderation lol

But Imani works my nerves!!!! I thought it was very odd that she was having a talk w/ her very young kids about her dating again & what kind of guy she should date. It seems like she’s turning her daughter against their father. Draya is the only one i can stand so far, only b/c she owns up to her mess & is trying to change her life. The rest of them, especially Jackie is too old to be acting they be acting. I wish my mom would go on some show like this acting out, i would have to disown her lol

• Sherley September 29, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I’m with you PlainMean..all my comments are being considered or do not post till hours, sometimes days later. We, the regulars, are being monitored but other can come one & call children ugly &[word omitted] their comment comes up without hesitation.

It has been old.

• PlainMean September 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Will these [women] sit down?!?! You’ve embarrassed your kids enough! Someone should slap Shaunie O’neal for starting all of this ignorance!

• scorpio4lyfe September 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I agree with you on that….

• Misunderstood September 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Listen did anyone else hear that Kimsha beat Shaunie down that’s why she’s no longer on the show! I watch BBW’s but I’m so fed up with this nonsense that I refuse to watch it any longer! Who is Laura, Gloria, Imani and Jackie to judge Draya!

Gloria’s a wanna be Shaunie
      Laura is Suzie trouble maker that can’t fight
      Imani is Jennifer she needs a backbone flunky
      Malaysia is Meeka trying to fit in she doesn’t belong
      Drays is definitely Royce outcast and really don’t care
      Jackie is in between Tami and Evelyn has to be loud and seen

I think that pretty much sums up BBW’s LA

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm

True. Jackie husband is a lame..she picked the right one.

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I also heard Kimisha kicked Shaunie butt and that is why she is no longer on the show.

• khrish September 30, 2011 at 2:17 am

Why did they name it Basketball Moms when the children are never seen. Hell, my life is more exciting than theirs seem to be. It’s crazy….like Basketball Wives……and noone is married.
        You seem to be in the know…so is the girl that’s sister to Gloria, the one who was dating Shaq?

• Seriously September 30, 2011 at 8:46 am

@khrish, Laura never dated Shaq but she did screw around with him.

• khrish September 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm

So is she the one that Shanee was always talking about with Gloria? And with whom was she that she had to give up such a big home and move into a small apartment. I not really up on these people.

• Misunderstood September 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm

@khrisha yes that’s her and Laura dates Gilbert Arenas from the Orlando Magic

• khrish September 30, 2011 at 11:07 pm

thanks for bringing me up to snuff on these women.

• Sherley September 29, 2011 at 6:18 pm