MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

SKAI JACKSON TO STAR IN SERIES ‘JESSIE’

Actress Skai Jackson is set to play the role of a seven-year-old African adoptee named Zuri Ross in the new Disney Channel series “Jessie”:

Jessie is an 18-year old girl from a rural Texas town who moves to New York City. She suddenly finds herself becoming the nanny of four children living in a multi-million dollar penthouse in a hotel after being pushed out of a taxi. One of the youngest children just asks her to be her nanny and now Jessie has to get them to get along by keeping them from fighting. One of the children has an imaginary friend and another has a pet water monitor lizard. Assisting her is Bertram, a mean, lazy butler and Tony, a 20-year-old doorman who secretly likes Jessie. (Source)

The series also stars Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram, Cameron Boyce as Luke, Debby Ryan as Jessie, Peyton List as Emma, and Karan Brar as Ravi.

Tune into “Jessie” on Friday, September 30 on Disney Channel!

Website: Tv.Disney.Go.com

Tags : Posted in : Child/Teen Stars

48 Comments to “SKAI JACKSON TO STAR IN SERIES ‘JESSIE’”

• leeyah August 28, 2012 at 12:22 pm

hi skai your so pretty

• SkaiFan August 17, 2012 at 7:08 am

I love Jessie! And Skai is an amazing actress! You deserve the best sweetie! Work hard!

• tuesday November 12, 2012 at 8:10 pm

i totaly agree beacause she’s an amazing actor

• Azariyah January 26, 2012 at 12:14 am

I love Skai. Shes just like me we like pink. Im older than her by one day. Hers is march 13th and mine is march 12th. Im 8 and she has to be 8 or 7.

• Peachy October 10, 2011 at 9:35 pm

soooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love her in jessie

• Jayla October 9, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Umm last time I checked zendaya is not black she is white and Hispanic so yeah their is only two Disney princesses china and skai

• Brittany June 4, 2012 at 2:36 pm

umm last time I checked her dad is black and her mom is dutch or irish. She takes pic with her dad. Duhhh 3 black princesses

• Skai Jackson Set to Play 7-Year-Old Adoptee in New Disney Channel Series “Jessie” | BlackThespian.com October 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

[...] a little cutie pie. BlackCelebKids.com reports actress Skai Jackson will play the role of a seven-year-old African adoptee named Zuri Ross [...]

• Rachel Nacole October 3, 2011 at 10:20 am

@ Jess I agree with you 100%…
    Now that adoption is no longer a taboo topic to talk about, Disney is Wonderful at creating shows where every child has something to relate to. Blended families, single parent families, down to sibling rivalry. There are plenty of children living this life, they may not be rich but they are adopted and trying to fit in with their new families. And for the kids not living this lifestyle, they are now aware of what their classmates are going threw.

Plus Ms. Skai is an absolute Doll Face!!

• Rosey October 2, 2011 at 2:43 pm

TELL ME. why does she have to be an AFRICAN ADOPTED CHILD, I am SO sick and tired of this stigma that is going around surrounding African children; that apparently ALL of them are in poor conditions which is why we all need to go to Africa to “RESCUE” them and get one, LIKE A FREE TOY OR SOMETHING. I know that this show did not mean to portray that message, BUT THAT IS WHAT THE MEDIA IS NOW PORTRAYING INTO OUR HEADS. I don’t mean to be outrageous here but,Disney, come on now?..

• jess October 2, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here but maybe they wanted a multiracial cast but still wanted them to be a “family” and the only way to do that was to have some children be adopted? OR..with adoption becoming more and more common maybe they thought they’d add that into their storyline?

• Dj September 30, 2011 at 11:25 pm

@wyb

You can’t make light skinned blacks feel like crap just because they are light skinned. Most of my family is light skinned. And yes its because we have a great grandfather on both sides who was white. But I think if black Americans who’s family has been in America since slavery look into their family trees 90% of us have 1 or more white people in it.(Professor Gates proved that) The media and lets face it most blacks think the lighter the prettier. Sometimes I think white people are more comfortable with dark skinned black then we are.

I think this site is a lover of all shades of blackness. Being light doesn’t make you less black. And being dark doesn’t make you more. We have enough people hating on us… We don’t need to hate on each other.

• EVELINA RAE October 2, 2011 at 12:43 am

I enjoyed your comment.

In my family we have like 10 different shades of black, cause there’s Indian on my mom’s side and white on my dad’s said, but my father, who is dark skinned, STILL thinks being light skinned is better. People will never change. I’m light and I DO NOT agree with him, so that mindless nonsense has been killed off…I WON’T be passing that S*** message on to my children. You have to be the change you want to see.

• connie1 October 2, 2011 at 9:28 am

THIS LITTLE GIRL IS DARK SKIN AND SHE IS OBVIOUSLY BEAUTIFUL. HER HAIR IS GORGEOUS. SO I DONT KNOW WHY WYB EVEN FELT THE NEED TO MAKE A COMMENT!

• leeyah August 28, 2012 at 12:23 pm

she is so beatiful

• pretty ch!ck September 30, 2011 at 6:49 pm

wow she is such a cutie pa tutie…she s gorgeous..and look like a little lady.

• keverno September 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm

We need more beautiful chocolate beauties in this industry. Hopefully this is a start a new trend…Our society needs to see all shades of beauty. Just Gorgeous

• DJay September 30, 2011 at 1:52 pm

So this is obviously a spin on the Jolie-Pitts. Their not even trying to hide it… Zuri/Zahara!

• bck reader September 30, 2011 at 2:28 pm

right! i said the SAME thing. besides the little exceptions here and there, this is the Jolie-Pitt crew lol!

anyways Skai is absolutely adorable! :-)

• Victoria September 30, 2011 at 2:47 pm

LOL I’m glad I’m not the only one who was thinking that!

• EVELINA RAE September 30, 2011 at 10:38 am

It’s the dress Violet had on, too.

I remember her from a Gap ad from 5 years ago, the band-aids commercial she sang in, The Smurfs movie and from the Great Wolfs Lodge commercial. I wish Skai all the best!

• ski_diva September 30, 2011 at 2:48 pm

That’s the cutie from the Band-aid commercial. I’ve always thought she looked like Melody Hobson.Geaux Skai!!!

• What?! September 30, 2011 at 9:38 am

What a gorgeous child and loving the twist out hairstyle.

• darla September 30, 2011 at 9:11 am

Wow, she is to cute!

• KLS September 30, 2011 at 8:38 am

Adorable! What beautiful eyes she has.

• Ms Lady September 30, 2011 at 8:00 am

She is a pretty little girl.

• Dj September 29, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Cute

• tootiebrown September 29, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Umm…Let’s not forget to include other African-American actors on Jessie like Cameron Boyce!

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I didnt know he was African American..but I looked it and he is half and half.

• Doting September 30, 2011 at 1:06 am

he’s super adorable. i remember him from mirrors, he played paula patton’s son and ericka gluck was his sister, u kinda figure he’s mixed after that.

• Seriously September 30, 2011 at 8:41 am

I never saw that film before and never heard of him until they started showing previews for Jessie.

• connie1 October 1, 2011 at 9:28 am

GOOD NO ONE HAS ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT HER NATURAL HAIR! ZAHARA WEARS HER HAIR LIKE THAT AND PEOPLE TALK BAD ABOUT THE CHILD. ANYWAY, THIS LITTLE GIRL IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND I HOPE HER HAIR STAY’S NATURAL. NEVER PERM IT! GORGEOUS!

• Misunderstood September 29, 2011 at 10:34 pm

She is so pretty her smile melts me so precious!!

• Lisa September 29, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Beautiful little girl!

• Pisces September 29, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Dainty, pretty and beautiful white teeth.

• Mzgacantdoryght September 29, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I am so going to check this show out. I love the family dynamics in it and she is very pretty. Love her hair!!!

• Sherley September 29, 2011 at 8:29 pm

She is a beautiful young lady, therefore there is no need to photoshop her face.

My son is excited to see Jessie. Good luck precious.

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Im with your son Sherley, I can’t wait either. I just saw the preview and it seem like a good show. Im just a kid @heart…

• Doting September 29, 2011 at 8:19 pm

she is just too cute.

• Seriously September 29, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Skai Jackson is SO pretty and talented! I love her name,Skai, so unique. Now we have two Black Disney Princesses on tv..China and Skai. :)

• Candice October 2, 2011 at 9:28 am

There are actually 3 black princesses on Disney.
      China, Zendaya & now, Skai

• claribel June 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

sooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Truth Seeker September 29, 2011 at 8:01 pm

She couldn’t be cuter.

• Khia September 29, 2011 at 8:00 pm

What a precious little doll she is. SO Beautiful!!

• Court September 29, 2011 at 7:58 pm

she looks like a little doll! what a cutie

• asia October 7, 2011 at 9:37 pm

What a perve. (Not the girl) I mean the person who made that revolting comment.

• Sherley October 7, 2011 at 10:11 pm

None of the comments I made to this post came up but their original comment posted without any hesitation.

SMH @ BCK admin.

• admin October 8, 2011 at 12:06 pm

BCK greatly apologizes for the vile comment that was made. It DEFINITELY shouldn’t have gone through(looking into why it did). Please feel free to flag any comments that may be inappropriate Thank You!