MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

IDRIS ELBA: MY DAUGHTER ‘IS NOT IMPRESSED BY WHAT I DO’

Actor Idris Elba gushes over his nine-year-old daughter Isan in the latest issue of Essence magazine.

“She’s a nerd really, which I couldn’t be more grateful for,” he says of his daughter. She’s not much impressed by what I do, but she does see how people react to me in the streets. She’s very careful about it, wanting to steer me away from crowded streets and the like. I hate that she’s losing some of her innocence, but I’m impressed by her level of awareness.”

Idris says that he doesn’t know how he would manage “to be on seven flights a month and still get [Isan] to school”  if it weren’t for his ex-wife Dormowa Sherma.

“I’m grateful to my ex-wife, and I’m grateful I get to live my dream. At the same time, I miss things, which I regret.”

He adds, “My daughter’s with me now for three weeks and I love it; I absolutely love it.”

Pick up the latest issue of Essence magazine for more on Idris and his family!

Photo: Fame Pictures

Tags : Posted in : Actors

20 Comments to “IDRIS ELBA: MY DAUGHTER ‘IS NOT IMPRESSED BY WHAT I DO’”

• Pisces September 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Sherley and Celeste…Why didn’t you guys tell everyone that today is your man Idris’ birthday?! He’s 40! Happy Birthday to you guys MAN! :)

• Misunderstood September 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm

See Pisces I actually knew that! I was going to post it, but we was busy at the time if u know what I mean ;)

• Pisces September 6, 2012 at 10:03 pm

:)…MISUNDERSTOOD! Girl, I knew you and him were out celebrating! I bet you two looked SOOO cute together. Go girl…and Idris! :)

• Sherley September 6, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Don’t let misunderstood lie to you Pisces. Idris was too busy over here for me to post it. He’s probably on way to celeste now.

• Ateya October 7, 2011 at 1:31 pm

She looks JUST LIKE HER DADDY!

• Misunderstood October 7, 2011 at 1:27 pm

My baby boo! It’s good to see my side piece made it back up here he is so damn sexy!!!! Cute daughter she looks just like him!

• Sherley October 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I knew y’all was going to start claiming my man.

That’s ok because he’s already on his way & none of y’all will be able to find us. I’m especially doing this before Celeste gets here.

• Misunderstood October 7, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Woman please if that helps u sleep better at night u know the truth! U could never run away with him ur son isn’t having that and neither will Idris and our kids! In my MOKENSTEF voice he’s mine u may have had him once but I got him all the time!

• Sherley October 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm

My son? Dang..I knew I was missing something. :does a u-turn to go back & get him:

• Misunderstood October 7, 2011 at 4:02 pm

LMAO TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Celeste October 7, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Idris just told me to tell you and Sherley to hush up!

• Sherley October 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm

He must have told you that this morning when I dropped him off as he was with me all day & night yesterday. ;)

• Celeste October 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I was with him at the Crime Thriller Awards in the UK! Did you drop him off by airplane?! lolol

• BCKFan October 7, 2011 at 12:57 pm

He’s a really good actor.

• Bubbles October 7, 2011 at 11:59 am

However, he has regrets. He picked hollywood, fame and money over his family. Not good choice. “I get to live MY dream” What about the dream of his ex-wife?

• Sherley October 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm

How is someone else responsible for you not achieving your dreams? It’s not Idris’s responsiblitity to make sure his ex-wife lives her dreams..it’s hers.

• Sherley October 7, 2011 at 9:27 am

Before the debate over my side mister begins, I have to ask BCK..why didn’t you post the pic he took for Essence? Talk about hot!! My hands were melting from all the sexiness oozing off the page! My goodness that man is S E X Y!!!

About his comment regarding his daughter..she’s not losing too much innocence as long as she has two very good parents.

• Seriously October 7, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Oh lord, Elba Idris is making me think unpure thoughts…let me go pray!

• Sherley October 7, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Girl..I have been thinking unpure thoughts ever since I saw this post. Let’s pray together!!!

• Seriously October 7, 2011 at 10:44 pm

ok, cool..good to know Im not alone. lol!