ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

ZOE SOUL, NADJI JETER, AND ZOE HENDRIX ‘REED BETWEEN THE LINES’

Bet’s Reed Between The Lines stars Zoe Soul, Nadji Jeter, and Zoe Hendrix attended the VIP screening of the new family sitcom at Bar Basque on October 10, 2011 in New York City.

The new series, which is said to be an update of the Cosby Show, also stars Anna Maria Horsford, Melissa De Sousa, Tracee Ellis Ross, and Malcolm-Jamal Warner.

“I hope the audience identifies with Carla [Ross' character],” says Ross. “I hope I can represent working women who are faced every day with the tasks of juggling both work and family.”

“We’re excited about the series,” adds Warner. “It’s about an African American family, but we’re trying to create a universality that a diverse audience can relate to.”

Reed Between the Lines debuts Tuesday, Oct. 11 on BET at 10 p.m.

16 Comments to “ZOE SOUL, NADJI JETER, AND ZOE HENDRIX ‘REED BETWEEN THE LINES’”

• kandi December 6, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I’m on the fence about this show. I don’t think it is anywhere close 2 the Cosby Show- eventhough I have been a long time admirer of “Theo”.

I’ll be watching 2 see if this show steps up 2 the plate & brings back the positive wholesomeness of family shows.

• Lisa October 19, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I definitely will watching the show. It has been a long time viewing African American family in a positive way.

• Victoria October 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I caught the premiere last night and it’s definitely something I’d catch again and something that may have the potential for lasting power like The Cosby Show! :-) Tracee Ellis Ross and Malcolm-Jamal Warner (or as I still call him, ‘Theo’, LOL!) make such a gorgeous onscreen couple. I’m thrilled to see a great show that presents the Black middle/upper class. It’s time we had another show like that.

• trice October 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I watched both shows last night, and it was refreshing to see a positive african american show..I will definitely keep watching..

• Seriously October 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Just finished watching both episodes of this show and is was GOOD! I am hooked and will be watching every episode. :)

Also, The Game previews look good too..cant wait til 2012!

• bck reader October 12, 2011 at 12:12 am

omg, i was TOO giddy with the previews from The Game lol! looks like there’s some new characters mingling with our regulars. and Tasha Mack is on as always :-P

i enjoyed the 2 episodes of Reed Between the Lines as well. i would watch this show any day over Real Housewives of anything.

• Misunderstood October 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I’ll watch it but if it doesn’t interest me I won’t support it!

• Seriously October 11, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I plan on watching this show…I always try to support the Black family shows since there are so few nowadays. The kids are cute but they all have some odd names.

• Lunchtime Links With The Real Housewives | BabyRazzi October 11, 2011 at 11:33 am

[...] Hills. (SheKnows Entertainment) See the young stars of ‘Reed Between the Lines’.  (BlackCelebKids) Miranda Kerr bares it all in new magazine spread. (Hollybaby) Rihanna named sexiest woman alive. [...]

• BossLady October 11, 2011 at 10:01 am

I’m tuning in and I hope it’s good. Do I think it will live up to the Cosby name, nar!! Don’t think there is or will ever be a black family sitcom to reach ‘Then Cosby Show’ standard. Man I miss that show! Looks good tho….

• ?????? October 11, 2011 at 9:29 am

You better preach!!!

• Ret 2 Go October 11, 2011 at 9:00 am

I will support this show, and I hope it doesn’t flop. I’ll say it again. People SAY they don’t like drama, but they will SUPPORT it by watching all these trashy reality TV shows.

• Ret 2 Go October 11, 2011 at 9:01 am

SMH…so sad, but so true. Can we get back to the good stuff, please?!

• bck reader October 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm

totally agree. and i’ll definitely be watching this show. can’t wait :-)

• Ret 2 Go October 11, 2011 at 8:58 am

I’m looking forward to this show. We need to get back to good, wholesome family shows that portray Black families in a positive light. By the way, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet a real-life Cosby Show family…father is a doctor, mother is a teacher (not lawyer) with five children–4 girls and one boy, and yes, the boy is the middle child, and all the kids are good kids. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it disgusts me when we would rather watch trash and drama on TV instead of support shows like this. I hope it doesn’t flop, but if it does, it will prove my point. People will SAY they don’t like drama, but they sure as heck will SUPPORT it by watching all these trashy, dramatic “reality” TV shows.

• Shaydy Oakz October 11, 2011 at 8:31 am

Zoe Hendrix(related to Jimmy?) must be tall or Kanye is just short..

Im not interested in this show because its a modern day Cosby show..just an opinion..