TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

PHOTOS: THE KING FAMILY AT THE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. MEMORIAL DEDICATION

Martin Luther King III, the eldest son of slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., speaks to the crowd at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Dedication ceremony in Washington, DC on October 16, 2011 with his wife Andrea and daughter Yolanda Renee,3, by his side.

King referenced his father’s “I Have a Dream” speech while speaking to the crowd. He said, “Yes, my father had a dream. It was a dream, he said, that was deeply embedded in the American dream,” said King’s son Martin Luther King III. “The problem is the American dream of 50 years ago … has turned into a nightmare for millions” who have lost their jobs and homes.

King III, his wife and daughter, and the first family are seen arriving for the dedication ceremony.

Yolanda is wearing a Milly Minis Colorblock Dress, available at NeimanMarcus for $195.00.

Photos: Getty Images

28 Comments to “PHOTOS: THE KING FAMILY AT THE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. MEMORIAL DEDICATION”

• watch players movie putlocker January 16, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. That is an extremely well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

• honeykinz October 30, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Look at my beautiful black people! This is crazy… just so much legendary stuff going on here… everyone looks nice too and love baby’s hair :)

• Crystal October 29, 2011 at 12:46 am

I cannot believe that there is only one grandchild either. I guess it will be up to her to continue the legacy. I love that she is named after her late aunt. What a beautiful child.

• Tay October 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Wowwww! I cannot believe how much that grandchild channels Martin. She looks more like MLK than her father does! Dexter could’ve even fathered that child with his fineeeee self (yes, I know he’s triffling, but you can’t erase the fineness). MLK LIVES!!!!

• Eva October 21, 2011 at 1:30 pm

well said Tay, my thoughts exactly

• Eva October 21, 2011 at 1:31 pm

she looks like her mom who happens to look like mlk lol

• honeykinz October 30, 2011 at 8:17 pm

@Eva… LOL omg i never realized that

• antigonie October 19, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I REALLY wish a photographer would have captured the moment where the group walked to the statue, stood there to take it all in, and little Yolanda ran out of the crowd and to the statue to touch it. That was the most touching moment, it melted my heart. It was a true Kodak moment.

• Sherley October 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Awwwwww.

• jamie October 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm

i think thata is amazing!! i am glad there were someone like martin luther king jr.

• Pam October 17, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Cute lil girl, but what’s is up with Dexter? Is he still mad? He didn’t show up yesterday day. Dexter needs to really listen to he’s father speeches and get it together.

• Debra October 22, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Hello…I am sure there is a story behind that situation!!!!

• Nicey October 17, 2011 at 3:36 pm

i wish they had put it next to the lincoln memorial like they planned in the beginning! There should of been more, she looks like martin luther king! Oh by the way whats with the tour “REALLY” people actually line up to go no where!
    The obamas look good sunday!

• Nicey October 17, 2011 at 3:33 pm

i wish they had put it next to the lincoln memorial like they planned in the beginning! There should of been more not just writing and a expensive statue! His only grandchild looks like her grandfather! Oh by the way whats with the tour “REALLY” people actually line up to go no where!

• kayla October 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I think MLK dream has come true. Because im glad i can sit at a table and eat with a white person and it not be wierd or awkward. Im glad that i can go to any school that i want too. Sooo im very thankful for MLK.

O! And the family is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Celeste October 17, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I hope people realize the high level of trauma this family has experienced. They deserve your and my respect. Is it any wonder that there is less cohesion and unity… or any (but one) child in this family?

• Seriously October 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I never knew he had a daughter..she is a very pretty little girl. I love her dress. I really wish that I could have been in attendance at this event.

• Lunchtime Links With Kate Winslet | BabyRazzi October 17, 2011 at 11:31 am

[...] The King family turn out for the dedication of the Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial. (BlackCelebKids) Kate Gosselin clipping coupons? (Hollybaby) Zachary Quinto comes out and is in awe of the support [...]

• Justsayingthough October 17, 2011 at 11:15 am

What a cutie..i’m loving Mahlia’s stockings, and where is Miss Sasha???

• M'sgirl October 17, 2011 at 11:08 am

I dont feel he is too old. Yolanda is the only grandchild. None of the others have children.

• Sherley October 17, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Are you serious? There is only 1 grandchild in this family? Wow.

• TheRealAshland October 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

she is big for 3, she looks more like 5 but she is a cutie…. Why does every picture Obama take he looks like he is posing for a menswear magazine?

• Sherley October 17, 2011 at 9:59 am

Wonderful! Isn’t he too old to have a 3yr old? Anyqho..love her dress but no way I’m spending $195 for a dress for a 3yr old.

Hopefully in the next decade, MLK’s dream can become more of a reality.

• Misunderstood October 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Dammit Sherley!! I was thinking the same thing! He’s kind of old and that dress is to expensive for a 3yr. old! Anywho like I said Dr. King’s legacy will forever live on

• connie1 October 17, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT LITTLE GIRL’S AFRO! SO CUTE! WHAT A HISTORICAL MOMENT!

• Sherley October 19, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I didn’t even notice her curls till you mentioned it. Nice hairstyle.

• Lola3 October 17, 2011 at 9:50 am

Such a shame he didn’t live long enough to see his grandchildren come into the world. Is it true he only has one? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

• Mrs. CK October 17, 2011 at 9:45 am

What a great look at History! Beautiful Families!