MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

DREAM HALLOWEEN EVENT SUPPORTS CHILDREN AFFECTED BY AIDS

CAAF(Children Affected By Aids Foundation) held its annual Dream Halloween benefit this past weekend. The spooktacular event was attended by celebrities Holly Robinson-Peete, Cori Broadus, and Sean Patrick Thomas, to name a few.

In the past, celebrity parents such as Jada Pinkett-Smith, Angela Bassett, and Kim Fields have attended CAAF’s Annual Dream Halloween Benefit.

Staggering Statistics:
-More than two million AIDS related deaths reported globally in 2008 – two million children under the age of 15 now live with HIV(worldaidscampaign.org)

-An estimated 3,792 children aged under 13 were living with AIDS at the end of 2007. At the end of 2007, an estimated 455,636 people were living with AIDS in America (50 states plus the District of Columbia). The highest numbers were in California, Florida, New York State and Texas. Among the 50 states, the lowest numbers were in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.(Avert.org)

CAAF is a non-profit organization dedicated to “providing social, educational, and recreation and other critical support” to children affected by Aids/Aids in the US. Would you like to help? Then head to website: www.caaf4kids.org. Also check out WorldAidsCampaign.org.

Tags : Posted in : Do-Gooders

7 Comments to “DREAM HALLOWEEN EVENT SUPPORTS CHILDREN AFFECTED BY AIDS”

• Seriously October 31, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I hope they find a cure soon for all the cancers and AIDS/HIV..I know they can and will.

• Pisces October 31, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Nice!

• Misunderstood October 31, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Aids/Hiv is still a reality in the black community we as black folks r contracting this diesase like no one business! I agree with Teri please find a cure before it make our community extinct!

• Khrish December 2, 2009 at 1:25 pm

I was just listening to the reports the other day about the percentage of people in our community who are living(thank God, living) with the virus. It really bothers me, with the numbers in the report, that people are still so callous with their sexual partners. I notice, too, that there are always a small number of comments whenever BCK has this topic on their site. The interest seems slim in knowing the facts about this. I, too, hope to see an end to this before I die. Thanks BCK for always having post on your website concerning this important subject.

• Teri December 1, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Such a sad reality. I hope before I leave this planet, HIV/AIDS will be a thing of the past.

Thanks for this information, BCK!

• T December 2, 2009 at 12:52 pm

I totally agree with you Teri!

• Sherley October 31, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Hey Teri!! How are you & where have you been hiding woman? You are missed.

Also agree with you regarding your comment.