MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

CONNIE BRITTON EMBARKS ON MOTHERHOOD VIA ADOPTION

Connie Britton recently adopted a baby boy from Ethiopia. According to People magazine, the actress returned from the country with baby Yoby after three years of trying to adopt a child from Africa. A week after her success, Britton describes her mothering role as “a wonderful moment of completion.”

“I thought I was going to collapse into a puddle of tears. I was just grinning from ear to ear,” she says of holding her son for the first time.

“I am thanking my lucky stars every day,” Britton adds.

Baby Yoby is 9-months-old, and was originally named Eyob at birth.

Aside from starring in Friday Night Lights, Britton also acts in American Horror Story.

Photo:Fanpop.com

Tags : Posted in : Actors

24 Comments to “CONNIE BRITTON EMBARKS ON MOTHERHOOD VIA ADOPTION”

• TaizLady November 20, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Congrats to her and the child.

• soapbox November 17, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I am an adoptive parent. I usually guide friends towards domestic adoptions, we have “waiting” children. In the states, the laws really vary from state to state. It is NOT as difficult or as long of a wait as most people think! If you are interested, check with your state social services and with private agencies. You may find out that adoption myths are just that.

• Sherley November 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I’m glad she’s opening her heart to a black child, but umm..BCK..pics. Don’t care about the parents, I want to see children’s pics. Thank you.

• EVELINA RAE November 18, 2011 at 9:14 am

HAHA, I’m glad she adopted, too, but I’d rather see his face then hers.

The “Thank You” was an excellent touch :D

• Jade November 17, 2011 at 10:00 am

Lola@

Actually most if not all parents that adopt change the name of their kids so your hole comment about foreign name as a fashion statement is not a factor when adopting.

Connie Britton is involved with and has been a long time supporter of African charities, including hosting charity events for the African Children’s Choir, and had also been making a documentary about orphans in Ethiopia for the last couple of years. It’s clearly something very close to her heart. It makes sense that she felt the desire to adopt a child there herself.

• Lola November 18, 2011 at 5:13 am

I’m not saying foreign adoption is a bad thing and I am sure these kids will have a wonderful life. I just have a weird feeling when all these celebs keep adopting foreign children instead of adopting domestically, like they’re trying to “be hip” or something, like Angelina Jolie who came back after every foreign vacation with another addition to her “rainbow nation” :P and Madonna in being a “trendsetter” by adopting to African babies.

I’m not saying it’s bad, I’m saying it’s curious.

• Kim November 19, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Really ?Angelina Jolie coming back after every foreign vacation?.Angelina Jolie adopted 3 kids in 2002,2005 and 2007. I’ve seen pics of her in dozens of foreign countries included many African countries since 2007 yet no new “souvenirs”.BTW how long did it take you to adopt your kids.Since you are so concerned about American orphans I’m sure you have opened your home to at least one,right?

• Toni November 16, 2011 at 8:35 pm

My White next door neighbor has been waiting for over 3 years to adopt a white infant. She is Single and in her forties. White birth mothers want to place their babies with couples.There are dozens of white couples vying for each white infant. lots of demand small supply.Think about all the stories on shows like Dateline re adoption scams. Multiple couples been scammed by one birth mother out of tens of thousands of dollars Btw it took Sandra almost 3 years to get Louis she started the process in 07.

• Seriously November 16, 2011 at 7:45 pm

cool

• Sidney November 16, 2011 at 7:25 pm

There was a story on a news magazine a few year ago about Afican American babies being adopted by Canadians and Europeans. I don’t know if this is still going on but the families were thrilled to have healthy babies and puzzled that they weren’t being adopted by Americans. This was sad to me that first these children were given up by their birth families and then by their country. My two girls are adopted from America but I have heard of African Americans adopting Ethiopian kids. Yahoo had a group dedicated to them.

• Mischa November 17, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Yes it is, I’m sure. I read an article about it too, but I presume that the majority of those kids being adopted are through Private Adoption and not through the American Foster Care System

• LaTanya November 16, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Congrats to her and new son Yoby!

• Bennieman November 16, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Black babies from African or from America and the caribbean are finding homes that is the important thing. They will have access to great health care and education to have a good start in life.

• Ebony Starr November 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

No one wants to adopt a black baby, they want African babies. There are lots of black babies here in the US that need homes. They are not exotic enough. And no I have adopted domestically or abroad, but just making an observatuion.

• HB November 16, 2011 at 4:35 pm

You made an assumption, not an observation.

• Lola November 16, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Some people do… they want their baby to be foreign and have a traditional african or asian name. Like a fashion statement. To adopt a little Bill or Mary is seen as lame, I think. :)

• C.J November 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

That makes no sense to me because they can name the child what they want.

• Kim November 17, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Eyob is the baby’s given name according to People magazine. She calls him Yoby as a nickname.I’m curious why I never hear adoptive parents criticizing an adoption.

• Nene November 27, 2011 at 9:52 pm

The people who adopt them care.

• Misunderstood November 16, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Listen I’m all for giving babies good lives but I’m curious as to why everyone wants to adopt a black baby! I don’t have a problem with it I’m just curious!

• Anna November 16, 2011 at 4:11 pm

It’s easier to adopt a black baby because most adopting people want white babies.

• shayshay December 13, 2011 at 11:46 am

people rather adopt black babies because they are cuter soorry to say but i have asked alot of white people n this what they say black babies are cuter than any other race

• EVELINA RAE November 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Another new mommy! Adoption in GREATTTTTT!

Can’t wait to see the newest addition to BCK.

Welcome Eyob! Does anyone know what this name means?

• Lola November 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Good for her! The kid will get a great life.
    What I don’t get though is people waiting three years just because they want a kid from Africa or China instead of adopting a kid from their own country much, much sooner. And we all know there are many orphans in the West, too.