TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

ALICIA KEYS: “MOTHERHOOD IS A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN I EXPECTED”

New mother, Alicia Keys recently discussed her charitable efforts with WebMD. Although the focus of the interview was Keys’ mission to raise awareness and funding for children with AIDS, the singer did not hesitate to talk about her son and husband when asked questions pertaining to them.

The overall motherhood experience.

“Motherhood is a billion times better than I expected, and I already expected it to be great. It’s all the things everyone ever said, but you don’t know it until you’re there. It’s a really special time, and I feel so honored that I get to help somebody in this world find his wings, and navigate and learn happiness, and be loved. Actually, he’s helping me learn, because I’m smarter now. He’s awesome! I’m having a ball!”

Maintaining balance between family and work.

“I feel like I’m more balanced than I’ve been in my life, actually. I felt a lot less balanced about five years ago. More than ever, I consider everything I do now, and make sure it’s something I can’t live without and something I believe in. There has to be a powerful reason to do it, one that makes me feel great. There are a lot of things I can’t do now. Having my son and a family, that’s my barometer, when before I was maybe more inclined to say ‘yes’ and do more — and then be super-exhausted and overspent.”

Read the full story here.

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

20 Comments to “ALICIA KEYS: “MOTHERHOOD IS A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN I EXPECTED””

• badb**** December 16, 2011 at 10:38 am

i love her hair

• TaizLady November 20, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Nice pic…she looks great

• Superwoman November 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Alicia is an expectional loving person. She cares deeply about children and women who are effected by A.I.D.S. She loves her son and family and has learned to balance her career.

I applaud Alicia and to me she is a superwoman.

• Brinauk November 18, 2011 at 6:59 am

I love Alicia but of course motherhood would be alot easier for someone who clearly has no issues struggling with finances to raise their child like the average woman and mother.Im just saying.xx

• Sarah November 18, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Even with financial woes, the love of a child is more than everything.

• Misunderstood November 18, 2011 at 12:56 am

AK love her to death such a fan thanks PlainMean for taking it easy on my girl! Motherhood looks good on her I wish her the best!

• plaidstripestm November 17, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I felt the same way, it has its stressful moments, but motherhood is not as hectic as I thought it would be (i have two biological and two step children), in fact, its alot of fun. but hey i’m an only child so…

• antigonie November 17, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Egypt looks like a little life sized doll in that pic.

• universitychick November 18, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Yes he does :) We need some more pics of him! Alicia have Swizz take some pics of yall!

• Dae November 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Love AK, but her hubby – not so much. I always thought I saw some chemistry between AK and Usher in the “My Boo” video. Always hoped they would get together – maybe one day.

• PlainMean November 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Lol she’s about 10-15 years too young for Usher!

• Sherley November 17, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I love AK & do not blame her for Swizz actions. She gets an eyebrow raised & side eye for choosing tomarry & have children with him, but hey..I haven’t made the best choices in men myself.

Here’s your chance PlainMean. ;) But don’t come too hard. :)

• PlainMean November 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Lol whatsoever do you mean by “here’s my chance”?!?! I’m not going to call this married man dating h-e, a h-e! I’m just gonna let her be.

• cwhodatiz November 17, 2011 at 4:25 pm

lol @ “whatever do you mean here’s my chance” (came out of lurker mode for that one!)

• Sherley November 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Lol @PlainMean. Nicely said. :)

• Seriously November 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I love her and the children are the cutest! Go Alicia!

• Shaydy Oakz November 17, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Motherly love looks good on her..but she lost me as a fan, I just don’t like Sneaky Beats

• Meela November 17, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I’m sure Alicia is all broken up awaiting your approval!

Let people alone to live how they see fit!

Would you feel better if she wore the Scarlet Letter A!

• Shaydy Oakz November 18, 2011 at 6:57 am

Why did you even respond to my comment..
        First of all i dont give two pennies about Alicia and Alicia wouldnt give two pennies about you.
        Second of all, i didnt say jack diddily squat about her being a wh*re.
        Third of all..hmm wait why am i explaining myself to you again??
        #DONE