ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

DWAYNE WADE ON “RAISING THE AMERICAN DREAM”

Star basketball player Dwayne Wade is a proud single father of two. In addition to raising his sons Zion,4, and Zaire,9, Dwayne fathers his nephew. In a recent interview with ABC News, Wade talked about fatherhood and the importance of men taking their rightful places as dads in the home.

VIDEO:DWAYNE WADE TALKS FATHERHOOD

D-Wade rules.

“When you come in the house, you get out of your school clothes, [and] you put them in the hamper.  You put your shoes away, wash your face, [and] brush your teeth. It’s a list I want them to follow.”

Drop-offs.

“I was like one of the only dads doing a lot of drop-offs, and they called me Mr. Mom for a while.”

On the large number of single-mother homes in the African-American community.

“As men we have to get back in line to raise our families. [We have] to make sure that this country that we live in can continue to strive by raising great kids.”

Being a millionaire and raising kids.

“It’s not about how much money I have or don’t have. It’s about the time I’m willing to sit down across the table from my kids; and if they don’t get something right, [it's about] helping them get it right.”

Read the full story here.

Tags : Posted in : SportPlayers

15 Comments to “DWAYNE WADE ON “RAISING THE AMERICAN DREAM””

• keisha February 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm

LOL!!! I know I’m super late but these comments must be from D Wade’s ex-wife.. he did not cheat on her and leave her.. they simply grew apart. People do grow apart in relationships, their situation was nothing new. The only reason you guys feel that way is because his ex-wife drug their divorce out into the public. I’ve never met D Wade or his ex- wife but I think she (ex-wife) was wrong for bring a very private matter out into the open.. and to sue Gabby (D Wades girlfriend) on behalf of the kids was beyond crazy.. I for one would not want my kids living with someone unstable as their mother. I believe D Wade is a very GOOD man and a EXCELLENT father. I was very blessed myself to have a STRONG BLACK EDUCATED father like D Wade to step up and do a job well done at rasing a EDUACTED BLACK FEMALE.. it’s crazy how some people are never happy.. if he was a dead beat that wasn’t seeing or taking care of his kids he would be dogged out, but since he is a strong black man with his head on straight taking care of his kids, he’s still being dogged.. goes to show you that you can’t make everyone happy..

• kc December 23, 2011 at 2:41 am

How could they even say single father.They still see their mother sometimes and he’s only a single father bcuz he bribed and lied on the mother of his kids.

• kc December 23, 2011 at 2:39 am

I don’t want to hear anything he has to say after he took those kids away from their mother only to leave them with nannies.

• KT December 21, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Yeah …………Great role model show them how to cheat on their women and commit adultery. D-Wade is full of it .A picture does not speak a thousand words only one a Picture!!!! These ball players think that they can do whatever they want to whomever. Heard his new Girlfriend does not even want kids, ……….That’s a good person to hook up with as a Single Mother. I am not hatin on them just stating my opinion.

• REALTALK January 3, 2012 at 9:58 pm

co-sign^^^^the media keeps giving his cheating butt all these interviews. i personally think he bribed the judge to take those kids away from the mother so he wouldn’t have to pay child support while he runs around town with his mistress to the NBA/NFL players. nothing cute about his situation at all.

• MsDee December 21, 2011 at 10:13 am

He can’t deny the older one, but the younger one must look like his mother. I’m happy Dwayne is such an awesome father. It is not up to us to like him honestly, he is doing the right thing. I think he has strong character…

• KekeB December 21, 2011 at 9:54 am

I dont like him personally but he seems like a great dad

• mel December 21, 2011 at 6:23 am

I wonder if the boys get to see their mother. They seem to adjusting well.

• True December 21, 2011 at 1:59 am

Cute mini D. Wades i see there. Good man. @”and they called me Mr. Mom for a while.” hehehe

• SG December 21, 2011 at 12:06 am

great guy!dwade

• Seriously December 20, 2011 at 10:39 pm

ugh..

• EVELINA RAE December 20, 2011 at 9:13 pm

WONDERFUL!

• Sherley December 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm

It seems he has a decent head on his shoulders doesn’t he?

• Janay December 20, 2011 at 8:23 pm

His boys are adorable

• TT December 20, 2011 at 8:16 pm

His boys look just like him!