ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

KELLY PRICE IS A GRANDMOTHER!

R&B Singer Kelly Price became a grandmother last week. The singer’s 19-year-old son Jeffery Rolle Jr. welcomed a 6 pound and 7 ounce baby girl into the world on Wednesday, January 11, 2012. Price celebrated with Facebook friends writing, “Welcome to the world Sydnee a.k.a. Lil Mac!”

Baby Sydnee

Price and husband Jeffrey Rolle Sr. have two children together. The family resides just outside of Atlanta, Georgia.

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

29 Comments to “KELLY PRICE IS A GRANDMOTHER!”

• common courtesy album leak December 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support
    you.

• sandra July 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm

well their are engaged so let him and courtney be.Kelly is a wonderful GG and love sydnee like no other!

• FELICIA January 19, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I THINK ITS BEAUTIFUL WHEN CHILDREN COME INTO THE WORLD AND YEAH GREAT FOR GRANDMOTHERS BUT ITS THE MOTHER AND FATHER THAT MUST DEAL WITH THEIR RESPONSIBLITY AND I KNOW THEY WILL BECAUSE THE CHILDS MOTHER IS A GOOD GIRL (MY LIL COUSIN BY THE WAY) AND JEFF IS AWESOME SYDNEE COULDN’T HAVE GOTTEN BETTER PARENTS LOVE YOU SYDNEE !!!

• Chanel January 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

• Cindy Carter January 18, 2012 at 6:23 am

Sherley, Thats Kelly’s daughter in the picture. Im sure the babys mother didnt want to be pictured because i hear she is also young.

• Sherley January 18, 2012 at 10:34 am

That would explain why the two women in the picture resemble one another.

• Cindy Carter January 18, 2012 at 6:21 am

I have a cousin who got pregnant at 9yrs old. Then at 12. Her daughter had a daughter at 14 which made her a grandmother at what 28? Thats a DAM SHAME! Our kin folk was extra mad at her mom for allowing her to hang out at bars, clubs, and with grown men. Now she’s partying with her daughter and will be with her granddaughter soon. Pitiful and Sad

• Sherley January 18, 2012 at 10:33 am

Who gets pregant at 9? My mother would have beat me soooo badly, I would have forgotten how to open my legs to pee.

• TaizLady January 18, 2012 at 2:21 am

So beautiful…

• Misunderstood January 17, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Congrats Kelly and family babies r such a blessing I’m sure she’ll sing her to sleep many nights!

• Stop the hate January 17, 2012 at 5:18 pm

It may not be the most wonderful thought to be a young grandma, but what you gonna do hold it agianst the baby? The baby is here now so all you can do is continue to live life. Y’all are to judge mental for me! We live and we learn and move on.

• Ateya January 17, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I think some of these comments are rude and hurtful. Nowhere in this post she thinks this is cute. She is sharing her new addition, period! In life you raise your kids, if your child ends of being a YOUNG-TEEN parent, what do you do? I would say sweep around your own from door before you go around judging other people. Of course Im sure she was hurt but at the end of the day ITS A LIFE! I think that news is worth sharing…dont you think?

So Kelly CONGRATS! She is beautful!

• Jess January 17, 2012 at 3:39 pm

A friend of mine had her daughter at 18 and and her daughter is 26 and just had a child so she’s a grandmother in her 40s…but her daughter, at 26, is not considered a ‘young mom’

• Pisces January 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Kelly Price is not even 40 years old yet. I think she had her son when she was 19. She’s a young grandma. Nice.

Some women having babies t 38-40 could be grannies instead of moms, anyway. Halle Berry, Nia Long, Salma Hyek, Nicole Kidman and Sarah Palin just to name a few.

Sarah Palin is a granny and the mother of a toddler at the same time.

It happens.

• Lola January 20, 2012 at 7:53 am

Yeah, Sarah Palin… jeesh, now that’s what I call good company to be in. :)

• sparkle January 17, 2012 at 1:35 pm

@ Pam My lil brother became a father at 19, its a tough one because as a family we did not want to act like we were in favour of teen-aged parenthood, but at the same time we had a beautiful new addition to the family who we wanted to show off. I can bet my life Ms Price was devastated when her son first broke the news to her. Sometimes kids do things that go against the values and morals that they were taught by their parents. But the parents just have to get on with things and move on. Should Ms Price keep the child a secret? or shove her under the carpet?

• guyanesechic January 17, 2012 at 12:35 pm

congrats to the Price family, baby , and mom.. Sydnee is adorable@@@

• Sherley January 17, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Awww..baby is cute. Congrats! Is it me or does his mother & wife (?) resemble each other?

• Pam January 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

That is Kelly Price standing next to the son.

• Sherley January 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm

SO who is the other woman in the picture?

• TOYA January 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

This is Kelly’s daughter.

• Pam January 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Cute baby,but why do we think becoming a grandmother is good? I miss my “Big Mama”.

• Pam January 17, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Sorry, I didn’t finish my thought, Why do we think becoming a grandmother in your 40′s cute?

• tanja January 17, 2012 at 12:40 pm

i dont find anything wrong with it…her son is 19 which sure is young…but there are worth things….and see it like that….she can still play with her grandbaby like she did with her children…i like that a lot :)

• tanja January 17, 2012 at 12:40 pm

sorry for the typo…i meant worse instead of worth

• Seriously January 17, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I agree with Pam. Grandmother are getting younger and younger, she will be raising this new grand baby in addition to still raising her son. A nineteen year old male is still a child himself, believe that.

• LaTanya January 17, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I’m sure she wasn’t happy about it in the beginning but the baby is here now so she either had to accept him or turn her back on them. She choose to be a proud grandma and I would have done the same thing!

• Surprise January 18, 2012 at 10:52 am

I agree with you. I have a 19 yr old and I know for a fact I would not be happy if he got someone pregnant right now. But what could I do if he did. We try as parents to teach them to wait and get their lives in order first, but at the same time we can’t be with them ever minute of everyday to see what they are doing. As much as I wish I could be a bug on the wall to see everything, it’s just not possible.

• Slim January 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm

For me, it would be cool (my oldest is 25 since I was married & a Mommy by 18 myself). I would just want her to be married 1st. Now for the younger two (pre-teen & a teen), HECK NO!!!!