ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

VANESSA WILLIAMS TALKS ‘DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES’, MOTHERHOOD, AND MORE

Desperate Housewives is coming to a close and the women on Wisteria Lane will be moving into new areas of entertainment. Actress Vanessa Williams recently sat down with Parade to talk about her plans after the hot show and what she does during her spare time.

On Desperate Housewives and the upcoming series finale.

“Unfortunately, that show’s going too, but at least we had a forewarning. They’ve been doing it for eight years, I’m just happy to be able to jump on the last two. It’s been wonderful. We still have another seven episodes to shoot, so we don’t finish until the end of April. The mood on set hasn’t been too sad because we still have a tremendous amount of work to do, but I’m sure after eight years it’s going to get kind of teary toward the end.”

Plans after Wisteria Lane.

“I’ve got at holding deal with ABC, so we’ll see what new projects they might have that could be right for me. I’ll also try to sneak in some theater in between and work on a new album. I’ve got a book coming out April 17, which I wrote with my mother, so I’m sure I’ll be busy with that as well.”

Her new album?

“I literally just was in the studio last night putting down some ideas, so we’re in the very beginning stages. I can’t tell you whether it’s going to be musical theater or jazz or R&B, but we’re coming up with a concept now. I’m just excited to be back in the studio.”

Motherhood and free time.

“I’m literally driving my 11-year-old to school and bringing snacks to soccer games and going to her swim meets, so there’s not much down time. But if I was away on vacation, my first stop would probably be to a spa to get a nice massage and relax!”

Photo shows Vanessa with her youngest daugter(courstesy of Saynow.com)

17 Comments to “VANESSA WILLIAMS TALKS ‘DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES’, MOTHERHOOD, AND MORE”

• Jon R. October 21, 2012 at 7:07 pm

“Surprised at how dark she is /how coarse her hair is”… Seriously??!! – Vanessa Williams has stated that her own hair is very kinky and requires a super strength relaxer to make it appear straight. I don’t know very much about Rick Fox’s heritage but, both of Vanessa’s parents are black so, why would her daughter be lighter or have less coarse hair… what exactly is so surprising? Black parents can and do create babies of ALL complexions /hair textures… please get a clue. *rolls eyes*

• khalil February 11, 2012 at 7:35 am

They have really pretty eyes.

• hotstuffmom February 11, 2012 at 4:42 am

@anonymous you took this beautiful post of a mother and child and turned into something completely neagative, all @kayla said was that she is a bit darker than both of her parents; and granted she is! what in the world people cant mention complextion nowadays because of people with a complex like yourself? and yes if a young beautiful dark skin child was to read YOUR post she indeed may become offended or feel less than what she is, because of your ignorant comment not kayla’s you’re the one insinuating being dark is a bad thing..im going to end on this note “Love yourself first, and everything else will fall into place”…have a blessed day and remember black is beautiful..as well as any other race…and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• kayla February 11, 2012 at 10:11 am

Thank you Hot stuff and Writer santi. Absolutely nothing negative was meant by this comment. Just an observation.

• WriterSanti February 11, 2012 at 2:54 am

Cute pic of mom and daughter

• mommashane February 11, 2012 at 12:24 am

I don’t think the the comment on her skin tone or hair texture was an attempt to say something negative. i took it as just an observation of her two parents and the varied resemblence. its interesting the genes because her two parents and at least from what i have seen of the immediate family they are all fair skinned. Sasha is darker and i don’t imtake that in any way negative. she is beautiful light fair dark whatever skin tone. i just think she likely looks more like family members from her two parents further back because her

• kayla February 11, 2012 at 10:12 am

exactly.

• TT February 10, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Sasha is pretty and it shows even though she down plays it with tomboy looks!

• sharon February 10, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I LOVE VANESSA SHE IS A REAL TALENT, SHE IS VERY TALENTED, SHE DOES SO MANY THINGS AND AND IS STILL A GOOD MOTHER, SHE IS A REAL PERSON, BEAUTIFUL KIDS AND STILL DOWN TO EARTH.

• Ms Lady February 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Sasha is a pretty girl.

• Crystal M February 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

@ Kayla Smdh, I am so sick in tired of people talking about color. It does not matter how dark or light her skin tone is. She is a pretty child regardless, I come on this site all the time. But that comment boil my blood and I had to say something. This is a problem we have in our community . We have to do better

• anonymous February 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm

This is why many black female have self issue problems. Black females keep bringing other black females down. This is another reason some black females buy the bleach cream to make them lighter.

You have to be careful what you say beacuse their might be a young black girl reading this blog and think her skin color isn’t pretty enough.

We as African American females are having this problem with the media and Hollywood already. It’s bad enough that most celebrity black men are choosen white female over us.

There isn’t anything wrong with her skin color and her hair plus she isn’t even dark skin. She has pretty brown skin.

Wake Up.

• kayla February 10, 2012 at 1:52 pm

She’s a cute girl, but i am surprised at how dark she is, and how course her hair is. she does have very pretty eyes.

• Pinnacle February 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm

SMH!!!

• Michelle February 10, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Sasha’s skin tone isn’t surprising to me she’s black, and I think that she’s quite beautiful! I am however surprised at your ignorance! smdh

• Trisha February 10, 2012 at 6:50 pm

If you consider her dark, i don’t even want to know what you would consider my milk chocolate skin smh lmao

• Meela February 10, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Guess it is not enough to say she is a cute and leave it at that.