ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

DIANA ROSS CELEBRATES WITH CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILD

GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award winner Diana Ross accepts her GRAMMY with her five children and grandson Raif Kendrick (born August 7th, 2009) by her side. The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards – Special Merit Awards Ceremony was held at The Wilshire Ebell Theatre on Saturday, February 11, 2012 in Los Angeles, California. Ross was given the award for her excellence in music.

When asked about her legendary singing career Diana said, “It’s been such an incredible ride. I’m very happy, very excited. I look forward to the future — and going into the studio to make new music.”

She added that her children were her true “lifetime achievement.”

Photos: Mark Sullivan

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

26 Comments to “DIANA ROSS CELEBRATES WITH CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILD”

• EVELINA RAE February 14, 2012 at 9:50 pm

T.I. and Evan Ross as brothers was FABULOUS!!! Two sexies :D

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Doesn’t he always!

• Sherley February 14, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes!

• NickyAngel February 14, 2012 at 1:48 am

Diana’s son Evan is so gorgeous

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Isn’t he! And that child always loved Michael Jackson. I remember when Barbara Walters did an interview with Diana and her children and little Ross was doing all the Michael Jackson dance and even in mountain climbing with his father, he was wearing Michael Jackson shirts. He’s a great talent as well.And those sisters have always spoiled him. LOL

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Yes he is. The older one looks like his father.

• Pisces February 14, 2012 at 12:23 am

Diana Ross has really weathered the storm nicely. I hope she lives a long life. She’s already lived longer than the average Motown Diva so she’s beaten the odds tremendously. Good for her!

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:35 pm

hey Pisces: She had better look that good with all that money mama has. I always said, Ross is the Boss….She never married beneath her financial standing. Smart chick. Every time she married she married even more money. I always love seening you here Pisces.

• Pisces February 14, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Khrish! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, SWEET HEART. I love seeing you always here at BCK! We are two soldiers who go way back now from the Jackson kids days in 2009.

You are so right about Diana Ross…she is like Whitney, one of my heroes.

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Pisces, I was knocked off my chair about Whitney. It hurt me so badly. I was really so happy and pulling for her with the comeback and most importantly with the struggle to take her life back. My heart goes out to her mother and daughter. I was a fan of her mother, Cissy Houston. I can’t even begin to know how she must ache.

• Pisces February 14, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Khrish I just love that you are back in the mix at BCK I miss your intelligent wit and banter. Whitney Houston is one of those iconic mega stars whose death brings people together in sorrow as well as celebration of her life.

I loved her Mom’s singing, too back in the day. She was one of the Sweet Inspirations. I love their church based backgrounds very much. In spite of the drugs and all that Whitney still is a saint to me. Like the saying goes, “a saint is just a sinner who fell down”. (Donnie McClurkin)

I know Bobby Brown did not put a gun to her head to do drugs, but I blame him for her downfall.

She knew “crack was whack” but he enabled her.

I just reel when I remember what Whitney told Oprah in her interview back in 2009 about Bobby Brown having slapped and spit in her face while they were married.

Nobody deserves that but especially not her from her always deadbeat ex- husband. I said it then and I’ll say it again…I don’t know WHAT she ever saw in him.

When they divorced he asked the court for alimony payments. I am glad Bobbi K. is 18 now and he won’t be able to be her guardian over her Mama’s fortune unless she just wants him to and I hope Cissy fights him tooth and nail or that Whitney left a Will.

Since she didn’t write any of her biggest hits, her estate probably won’t swell to the magnitude of Michael Jackson’s but it still should be VAST. Mostly the writers, Arista and lawyers will get the bulk of the bounty.

I bet Bobby Brown is frothing at the mouth just about now and dollar signs shining in his eyeballs. I hope he doesn’t get control over Bobbi Kristina. As Whitney said “OH HELL TO THE NO”. :)

I read a report already that he told the press that “Bobby Kristina is with me and my family, including her half siblings.”

OMG. I’ll be chatting with you more Khrish now that you are BACK.

• MC February 13, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Wow I feel slow… I never realized before right now that Evan Ross from ATL, etc. is Diana Ross’ son.

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm

That’s the one thing that made me want to see the movie. If you haven’t seen him in LIFE IS HOT IN CRACKTOWN, you have to see that one.

• MizDavis February 14, 2012 at 5:58 pm

He was also very good in Life Support and Moozlum.

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm

You are right. He was good. But in the movie I told you about, he plays a ‘BAD BOY’ The director said he was so good looking, he had a hard time thinking that he could be this character. But I loved both of the ones that you referenced as well

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:49 pm

these kids don’t know me from Adam’s housecat, but I have always had a special place in my heart for them because I was such a fan of Diana.

• Pisces February 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm

LOL.

• EVELINA RAE February 14, 2012 at 9:46 pm

**DEAD**

“…Adam’s house cat…” LMAO

• khalil February 13, 2012 at 2:29 pm

She still got that hair I see!lol

• EVELINA RAE February 14, 2012 at 9:44 pm

LMAO

• Lola February 13, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I kinda expected her to have more grandchildren since she has five adult kids. Nice looking family though!

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Rhonda is the only one married. So that’s her only grandchild.

• MundeeMonday February 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm

She only has one grandchild?

• leea February 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Yes her oldest had fertility and pregnancy issuses she said Rafi is her miracle grandbaby.

• Victoria February 13, 2012 at 8:09 am

LOVE seeing Diana!! She is my favorite singer of all time, alongside Nina Simone. She’s ALWAYS the picture of class and sophistication!

• khrish February 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Hey victoria, how’s it going?