MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

TIA MOWRY IS A GREEN MOTHER

Actress Tia Mowry-Hardrict is a Green mom who only feeds her son organic foods. In a recent interview with Essence magazine Hardrict revealed that baby Cree, 6-months-old, “only eats organic foods. He does not eat any processed sugars — our favorite food for him is Yummy Spoonfuls. It was started by a woman named Agatha from Africa, who has educated me on the importance of providing good quality foods to our children from a young age. The only sugars Cree eats are those from fruits.”

Tia also said that her and husband Cory practice certain rituals to ensure that Cree grows up Green. As the actress explains, “The main thing we do is use eco-friendly products, like Seventh Generation utensils, cups, plates, diapers, cleaning supplies, etc. We don’t want Cree breathing in any harsh chemicals. We try to be conscious of the amount of trash we have. Having a water filter allows us to be aware of not using too many water bottles. Since I am not able to hand wash due to my schedule, I use Seventh Generation laundry detergent and I feel less guilty. And yes, Cree will definitely grow up being aware of ways he can contribute to his environment.”

In addition to talking about her environmentally aware home, Tia encouraged parents to involve their children in activities that are Earth friendly. Hardrict states, “Involve them in recycling with a fun-colored recycling bin. Let them decorate and style their own bin. Let them recycle as a chore and collect a reward at the end! There are a lot of fun things you can do to get your kids involved.

Tags : Posted in : Actors

13 Comments to “TIA MOWRY IS A GREEN MOTHER”

• WriterSanti March 1, 2012 at 4:35 am

Wonderful, good job

• Infiniti278 March 1, 2012 at 12:15 am

I commend Tia efforts on raising her son to be healthy and Eco-friendly. At the same time I’m laughing at other ppl comments about Happy meals. It seems like ALL kids love Mickey D’s. Even kids that only eat organic food will fantasize about Ronald McDonald lol. Anyway, I like Tia and I think it’s great she want her baby to be “green”. I hope it lasts. :)

• Black_Teacher February 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Yes, it is such a first time mom thing for you to want your child to eat healthy, non-poisonous, non-genetically modified foods. Some of you sound so ignorant and need to wake up to the crap you are putting in your bodies. When her son wants McDonalds? What a sad country we live in when McDonalds is a rite of passage. smh!

• Truth Seeker March 2, 2012 at 2:09 pm

@Black_Teacher, Thank you! It’s so sad that people are equating healthy practices with being a new mother. I see them wanting to excuse not doing better for their children with being “too busy.” You can actually save time (and money) buy just making your own baby food in a blender. And I agree, the idea that you must give a child McDonald’s as if it’s obligatory is just… I don’t even know. We need to do better.

• Jess February 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Tia needs to write for Parents magazine lol

• InHerSkin February 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm

First Time Mommas! lol. BY the time the second comes around she won’t have time to care whats going in his/her mouth. I only kid. I say that to say it ALL goes out the window once #2 comes! But, kudos to Tia for doing such a commendable job parenting. I do agree that the first year means everything!

• anon February 29, 2012 at 1:12 pm

cutie pie, he looks like Dad to me.
    Im def with the organic food. i have been changing over my diet to lessen my processed sugars and eating more organic fruits, veggies and non-hormonal lean meats. And let me tell you, my body feels the difference. When i have kids they will def start off with healthier foods and once they become adults the choice will be ther’s as to whether or not they want to add anything else to it.

• Misunderstood February 29, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Cree is handsome! I’m not with all this organic mess but hey to each its own!

• DEESHA February 29, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I TOTALLY AGREE!

• kayla February 29, 2012 at 11:58 am

cree is not mixed.

• Blu L. February 29, 2012 at 1:06 pm

There nothing wrong with what you said. People say I’m black and I’m proud or whatever so you say you like being mixed, do you.
      cute baby. Cory’s mini me.

• Hmm February 29, 2012 at 8:41 pm

How do you figure that when his mother is?

• Resse February 29, 2012 at 11:29 am

Huh? What does “being mixed” have to do with anything? Why can’t you love just being human and alive to see another day?