PHOTOS: EMILY B’S DAUGHTER CELEBRATES BIRTHDAY WITH ’16 IN THE CITY’ BASH

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

LAILA ALI’S LITTLE CUTIES

Laila Ali is a professional athlete, advocate for healthy living, and mother of two adorable children who shine for the camera.

In a recent interview with Health Corner the boxer said that kids should have their dose of sports and other outdoor activities. Ali states,”I was not interested in sports as a kid because I just wanted to do my own thing. Grow up fast and that didn’t include sports. And I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that my mother who I lived with didn’t really push me in that direction. What I know about children and having them be active in sports is that it helps them not only be healthy and fit it also helps them do better in school and it helps them be less likely to get into trouble, it helps you with your confidence your self esteem. Also idle time is not a good thing. It wasn’t for me.”

As a mother of two, 3-year-old Curtis Jr. and 10-month-old Sydney, Laila is a strong advocate for healthy choices in youth. As she explains, “To see kids that are walking around overweight and you know it’s going to cause problems for them in the future. And they are just going to be kids and it’s up to us as adults and as parents to guide them in the right direction and make sure that they have healthy options in the house and make sure that they’re not spending all their time in front of the TV or the video games.”

Although she is an athlete, Ali does not limit the activities of children to sports only. According to Laila, “There are many ways for us to be active. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a sport, it can be dance team, it can be cheerleading. It just needs to be something that makes you work with your mind and your body – something that you enjoy.”

Photos: Laila Ali

Tags : Posted in : SportPlayers

19 Comments to “LAILA ALI’S LITTLE CUTIES”

• CALLIMAMI March 26, 2012 at 3:42 am

omgosh these lil cuties are so adorable….I hope laila and her husband have many more

• vonnie March 21, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Aww they’re adorable!

• WriterSanti March 17, 2012 at 1:42 am

Yep they are cuties!

• Yolanda March 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Oh my goodness…he is such a cutie. And he has eyes like his Grandpa! Priceless!

• Sherley March 15, 2012 at 5:54 pm

My babiiieeesss!! I missed you guys!! *kisses the screen, twice*

Sydney makes my ovaries yearn with her 2 teeth, chubby cheeks & bright smile! Curtis Jr makes me melt with his eyes! Awwww. Love Laila Ali!

Had a very rough day today, but it’s all gone now! Thx BCK! Now I’m gonna stroll back up & kiss the screen some more.

• PlainMean March 15, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Sounds like you were a special kid! Me and the kids I know were playing kickball, basketball, hide and go seek, etc…

• Celeste March 15, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Ha ha at “special”. I took ballet, tap, clarinet, chorus and art classes but I couldn’t stand just being outside because that was where kids got into trouble.

• Celeste March 15, 2012 at 4:33 pm

As a kid I had to go outside, too, and I usually just sat in the shade and made art or daydreamed. Going outside is only half of the solution. What little Curtis is doing not much different than what I did as a kid.

• Ms Lady March 15, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Laila has some beautiful kids.

• MRSREYNOLDS March 15, 2012 at 3:34 pm

omg they are BEAUTIFUL!

• Oxford 2013 March 15, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Technology plays a part in how inactive my generation is but parental fear also plays a large part. In the average American houshold both parents work and with the child predators that roam our streets parents are not comfortable sending their children to the park or even walking home from school by themselves forfieting a perfect opportunity for daily exercise.

Those same child predators, aware that their behavior has taken children from the playgrounds and into the relative safety of their homes now use the same technology deemed as a “safer alternative” to being outdoors to still prey on vulnerable kids.

• Steelo March 15, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Cuties!

• PlainMean March 15, 2012 at 12:37 pm

There’s little Curtis! My #2 favorite BCK boy! Blue Ivy bumped Sydney down to #2 as well! Lol. Technology may be partly to blame for kids being less active, but ultimately it all falls on parenting! My mama MADE me go outside. Also, physical ed isn’t a big part of school curriculum anymore.

• Seriously March 15, 2012 at 12:20 pm

So cute! I love it.

• kiki March 15, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Muhammad Ali Jr. so handsome looking like Grandpa!

• theyknow March 15, 2012 at 12:18 pm

They are too cute!! Kids are just not active like they used to be because of all this technology they have. I rarely ever see kids outside playing anymore. When I was younger, if it was nice out, I had to be out…LOL!!

• JustMe ;-) March 15, 2012 at 11:20 am

Supa. cute!!

• Misunderstood March 15, 2012 at 11:19 am

They’re so precious! Curtis and those big beautiful eyes! Sherley I see ur babies!

• Me 2 March 15, 2012 at 11:14 am

OMG I just want to pinch little sydney’s cheeks so bad. Just too darn cute. That CJ is just the most handsome little fellow ever. I can just look into his eyes all day. Sooo Cuute!