MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

THANDIE AND DAUGHTER AT ‘EAT YOURSELF YOUNG’ BOOK LAUNCHING

Actress Thandie Newton with daughter Ripley at the Eat Yourself Young book launching in London, England. The event was held in the central part of the city on Thursday, March 22, 2012.

Thandie recently shed light on her decision to embrace a natural hair style. Newton states, ”Its taken about 2 years to fully grow out my relaxer. I always thought I would go back to curly, because I didn’t want my daughters to judge their beautiful curls. I assumed they’d want to be like their Mom, and they’ve only ever known me with straight hair. However, it turns out they’re so secure in who they are as individuals that I don’t think it occurs to them to be like anyone else, and that includes me.”

The actress and husband Ol Parker proudly parent daughters Ripley (b. 2000) and Nico (b. 2004).

Photos:Rex

Tags : Posted in : ActorsFeatured

14 Comments to “THANDIE AND DAUGHTER AT ‘EAT YOURSELF YOUNG’ BOOK LAUNCHING”

• Disappointed December 5, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Thandie Newton has been in several movies and I think that she is a great actress! Off of the top of my head, she was in the following movies:

1. Interview with a Vampire – Babette, the mulatto slave that Brad Pitt’s character was in love with.
    2. Beloved – Oprah’s oldest daughter.
    3. Crash – Terrance Howard’s wife.
    4. The Truth About Charlie – Mark Walhberg’s love interest.
    5. Norbit – Kate (Eddie Murphy’s love interest)
    6. For Colored Girls – Whoopie Goldberg’s daugter in the Tyler Perry movie.
    7. Good Deed’s – Tyler Perry’s love interest.

Google her… she has done many projects and she is great at what she does! :)

I think that Nico (the baby daughter) looks JUST like her. Ripley looks more like her father to me. Cute kids though.

• NickyAngel March 28, 2012 at 1:55 am

Ripley looks just like Thandie :-)

• Sherley March 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I tried transitioning & ended up chopping it off..love it!

That is not her real hair in this picture though.

Riley is cute.

• browngurl March 27, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Actually Thandie recently talked about her move to go natural and how growing up in Cornwall it was really difficult being different. She stated that her daughters natural hair and viewing the documentary Good Hair was her inspiration to stop chemically treating her hair.

• Keiri March 27, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I am a natural girl but secure enough to wear my own hair, weaves braids….. I do believe this is a lacefront in this picture.

• Keiri March 27, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Yayyyyy for natural hair!!

• Meela March 27, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I never saw Thandie in any movies prior to “Good Deeds” she was really good.

Now that’s an actress who doesn’t get enough screen time!

• Pinnacle March 28, 2012 at 10:22 am

You need to see the movie Crash that she was in! BTW Thandie’s daughter is a cutie and I love the name Ripley, different but not over the top.

• Misunderstood March 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I like Thandie she doesn’t get her just do! I can’t go natural not with all this long thick hair I have!

• Connie1 March 27, 2012 at 8:33 pm

@MISUNDERSTOOD…WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN’T GO NATURAL? THANDIE’S HAIR IS THICK TOO! ANYONE CAN GO NATURAL. ITS THE WAY GOD MADE YOU. ITS THE EASIEST WAY TO GO.

• Misunderstood March 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm

@Connie1 I was waiting for u to jump on me :)! I guess I don’t know how to properly take care of it because I swear it looks so nappy! It might just be me because people always tell me I have beautiful hair but my edges be calling for a PERM! Sherley how much of ur hair did u cut off!

• Sherley March 27, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Going natural doesn’t mean your hair wont be thick. My hair was thick & past my bra strap before I chopped it off. Transitioning is hard & so time consuming, chop was better for me 6mnths in. Now 2 yrs later, my hair is still thick & at my shoulders when not curly.

Natural isn’t for everyone, but it’s great for me. Wash, braid, air dry, take out braids, shake & go. Love it!

• Trisha March 27, 2012 at 9:58 am

I Love Thandie! Her daughter is pretty too
    Where’s the little one?! She must be so big now

• Seriously March 27, 2012 at 9:44 am

Cute. She was great.in that Tyler Perry film.