ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

TV WATCH: THE SHAHIDI SIBLINGS BECOME PART OF ‘THE FIRST FAMILY’

Child stars Yara Shahidi and younger brother Sayeed are a part of the star-studded cast of a new show by Entertainment Studios called The First Family.  The new sitcom, which is about an African-American family(not the Obamas) living in the White House, is said to hit syndication in the fall of this year.Yara plays the teenage daughter and Sayeed plays the 7-year old son of the president and the first lady. Celebrity kids Khylin Rhambo and Layla Crawford have also been cast.

Other notable cast members include Christopher P. Duncan as President William Johnson; Kellita Smith as First Lady Katherine Johnson; Gladys Knight as the president’s mother; Marla Gibbs as the first lady’s mother; Paul Rodriguez as admiral Rafael; and Jackée Harry as the first lady’s sister. There’s even a dog actor named Jet playing the first dog, Max the Dog.

“There’s a huge shortfall of quality family sitcoms, and we are 110 percent committed to filling that enormous void,” said Byron Allen, CEO of Entertainment Studios.

It will be interesting to see how much this TV family has in common with the real first family.

19 Comments to “TV WATCH: THE SHAHIDI SIBLINGS BECOME PART OF ‘THE FIRST FAMILY’”

• BossLady April 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I’ll be watching!

• Sarah April 4, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Anyone notice the President and First Lady in this sitcom have the same name as the Prince of Wales/Duke of Cambridge and Duchess of Cambridge (William and Catherine aka Kate Middleton)? I wonder if the last name Johnson was random or had anything to do with President Lyndon B. Johnson and civil rights legislations at the time. I could just be thinking too much but I thought that was interesting.

I’m interested to see how the family dynamics and storyline work out. Yara is growing up and Sayeed is still so adorable. I’m not familiar with Khylin or Layla but it’s great to see new faces.

• Sherley April 4, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I didn’t hear of this, but I did hear of the Scandal. Thought this was it. Anywho..I will be watching it.

BCK..why come I know the name of the dog, but I don’t know the name of the beautiful young lady sitting next to the handsome man whose name I also do not know? Huh? Huh?

• Sherley April 4, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Never mind, I see it. My bad..my bad!

• EVELINA RAE April 4, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I watched Sayeed on House Monday night…he’s too cute!

I love Christopher P. Duncan from The Jamie Foxx Show.

• Misunderstood April 4, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I couldn’t stand Braxton!

• Sherley April 4, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Me neither. Even his car commercial annoys me.

• Seriously April 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Yes! i SAW Sayeed on House too plus he has a Clorox commercial out right now. He is cute and his sister is gorgeous.

• Seriously April 4, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Is that Mary from 227??? LOL I loved her as a kid. She was funny in The Jeffersons too. Dang the best Black shows were; Amen and 227!

• Ms. Gypsy Eyes April 4, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Reed in Between the Lines is a positive family sitcom. Glad to know that they’re bringing another positive family sitcom on television. Looking forward to watching and supporting. :)

• Misunderstood April 4, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I’m down for watching this show I need something other that reality! Yara seems so little to play a teenager anywho kudos please support!

• Seriously April 4, 2012 at 11:21 am

OH WOOOOOW!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS SHOW. I READ ABOUT IT LAST WEEK. I SEE YARA AND SAYEED WILL BE ON THE SHOW..IM SO EXCITED! YARA IS GORGEOUS AND A GREAT YOUNG ACTRESS AND HER BROTHER SAYEED IS TOO CUTE. I LOVE THEM..CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO AIR.

• bck reader April 4, 2012 at 10:28 am

i guess now is as good a time as any for a show like this to come out. of course thanks in no part to the Obamas being in the White House. i’d be interested to know what they think about this show. either way, i’m pretty sure i’ll be watching it. i like to support “our” shows because there simply aren’t enough quality ones out there. and at the moment definitely none on network tv. the cast looks very promising. i hope the show brings it.

• truly amazing April 4, 2012 at 10:09 am

oops!! I meant 10pm.

• truly amazing April 4, 2012 at 10:05 am

@Trisha..are you referring to the channel for Scandal? cause it comes on at 9pm this Thursday on ABC.

• Trisha April 4, 2012 at 10:35 am

No lol. I was talking about the First Family…But I’ll probably watch Scandal too! ABC has some of the best TV shows. Every other channel have reality shows lol

• Trisha April 4, 2012 at 9:50 am

What channel? The channel have a show makes a HUGE impact on in the show is good or will be successful. I think it would be great if it comes on ABC, CBS, or NBC.

Good cast tho

• truly amazing April 4, 2012 at 9:46 am

Looks like they have an awesome cast going on…I’ll probably watch it this fall. I’m waiting to see “Scandal” with the beautiful actress Kerry Washington this Thursday. Sorry for getting off track just now , I just had to throw that in there. lol

• Truth Seeker April 4, 2012 at 9:07 am

I see John Witherspoon there too.