SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

THE SIMMONS FAMILY APPEAR IN ‘EBONY’ MAGAZINE

The Simmons family are featured in the May edition of Ebony magazine. Although every family member of Run’s House is photographed looking his or her best, special emphasis is placed on Justine Simmons, Rev Run Simmons’ current wife, and Valerie Vaughn, Run’s first wife, as they co-parent the clan together.

Although some mothers have difficulty accepting children from previous relationships, Justine says that blending is the name of the game in Rev. Run’s house. As she explains there are no stepchildren in the family and Miley, who was adopted, is just like family. Valerie Vaughn agrees and gladly assists Justine in parenting the clan. As she explains, “It’s not about what happened in your past marriage.  It’s not about he did this or he did that.  It’s about all [of us] getting along now.  Let’s do things together.”

Justine adds, “Originally, I didn’t want to have kids. But when I married my husband, he had three kids. It changed my whole life. I was in love! And then when I became [pregnant], it was even better! I was ready.”

The children certainly love having both Valerie and Justine around. Angela states, “There’s Ma and ther’s Mommy.  My stepmom [Justine] is Ma, and my mother [Valerie] is Mommy.  I just believe the reason I am the woman I am today has a lot to do with my [birth] mom and Justine.  My stepmother never treated us like we weren’t her children, so it’s hard for us to even use the phrase ‘stepmom.’”

Pictured are Vanessa (28), Angela (24), Joseph Jr. “JoJo” (22), Daniel “Diggy” (17) , Russell “Russy” (15), Miley Simmons(4), Valerie Vaughn, and Justine Simmons.

The May edition of Ebony magazine featuring the Simmons family and other celebrity moms will be available on Friday, April 20, 2012.

Photo:EbonyMagazine, May Issue

Tags : Posted in : Rappers and their Kids

50 Comments to “THE SIMMONS FAMILY APPEAR IN ‘EBONY’ MAGAZINE”

• HI June 30, 2012 at 4:28 am

Love this family. I feel so old because I watch the show and I see Diggy and Russy so young there and now they’re groing up. But really i’m the same age as them. Just always loved the show I miss it.

• Ada April 23, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Just like I thought. I just read the issue and Justine didn’t say that Miley “is just like family.”

She said, “…sometimes I forget that Miley is adopted.”

Case closed. :-)

Lovely family.

• Tee April 17, 2012 at 9:24 am

This is how mature adults handle things. Such a beautiful family:-)

• Ada April 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Lovely family.

And about the “just like family” phrase, we haven’t read the article in Ebony mag yet, so we don’t know for sure if those were their exact words. Or just BCK summarizing for us.

Let’s chill till we read the article and find out.

• Prissy girl December 1, 2012 at 12:58 am

You people crack me up..@ Ada.. Who the hell are you to tell someone they can’t state their opinion on the comment because YOU!! Didn’t read it yet? Since when did you or anyone else for that matter become so relevant, that no one can’t discuss or state their view on the article until YOU and the rest of the viewers have read the magazine? Gurllll pleaseeee. BCK is not god & they misquote stories like everybody else so until you have read the magazine YOU don’t have a voice or an opinion worth anything. It’s like voting.. If you didn’t cast a vote, you don’t get to voice an opinion. Now run get the magazine, read it.. Then come back with opinion. I’ve read it & I agree THAT WAS NOT!!!!!! Her words.

• Stop December 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Let me go find you a chair to HAVE A SEAT IN !!!
        What are you talking about O_o

• WriterSanti April 13, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Beautiful family and pic

• fabolousE April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am

Beautiful family! They look so nice and classy in the pic.

• Lola b April 13, 2012 at 3:18 am

The best photo ever! Everyone looks great…. Angela and Vanessa look like Justine…. My mom always says if you feed the child long enough the child starts to resemble you…. They look like their beautiful mom but more like Justine both mother are beautiful…. The biological mother has a little girl she wasn’t in the photo….Miley is so gorgeous. Rev run wasn’t in the photo…. Being in the same photo with wife and ex-wife probably too much… I’m kidding… My families like this too my mom gets along with all of my fathers ex-wives and me and my siblings by my fathers ex wives all take photos together we all know each other too

• candyisdandy April 13, 2012 at 2:57 am

Now this is what I call class!

• Liz April 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm

LOVEEEEEEE this family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Justine she’s so funny and caring!! I love the episode where she wants to skateboard and Diggy is telling her not to and she ends up falling LOL!!! Russy is my favoriteeeeee!!!

• KekeB April 12, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I’m sure she probably meant “just like blood”, the love they have is so obvious in this family it would be crazy to think she meant anything shady. I love love love this family, everyone is so beautiful.

• Sherley April 12, 2012 at 3:44 pm

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

• Krisia April 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I have always loved this family and loved the relationship Justine has with her step children. I also have loved how they’ve always addressed Justine as “ma” instead of Justine. I think it shows how much of an impact she’s had on their lives. I can’t believe Russy is 15…he still has a baby face

• MRSREYNOLDS April 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm

they look soooo beautiful…..

• TW April 12, 2012 at 11:54 am

Beautiful…I love to see blended families working together to raise stable beautiful children.

• Lunchtime Links With Paul Stanley And Family | Babyrazzi April 12, 2012 at 11:30 am

[...] General Hospital.  (SheKnows Entertainment) The Simmons family glams it up for the cameras.  (BlackCelebKids) A crazy and bittersweet story with a happy ending!  (Hollybaby) Zac Efron gets lucky in [...]

• JBL April 12, 2012 at 11:25 am

WONDERFUL!

• blackberry21 April 12, 2012 at 11:02 am

jesus christ, diggy 17 and russy 15????? wow they getting older, i remember when they was little on the show

• Saying... April 12, 2012 at 10:51 am

It’s funny how you’ll never see a picture of a blended family where there are 2 fathers, each with their respective kids with 1 woman, getting along just as well as this…anyways, it’s a great family photo

• blackbeauty April 12, 2012 at 10:24 am

Awww…such a beautiful family. It takes a villiage to raise children!!

• Sheyla April 12, 2012 at 9:41 am

Justine looks Great! She lost a ton of weight! This Family is Great!!

• EVELINA RAE April 12, 2012 at 8:57 am

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this photo and this blended family. They really make it work. How wonderful that Miley is holding Valerie’s hand, beautiful. I’m definitely buying this issue, I’m excited to read all these stories.

:D

• Honeybee April 12, 2012 at 8:14 am

What a perfect example on how blended families are supposed to be. This is awesome. Everybody is family ; )

• MrsNolan April 12, 2012 at 7:58 am

Beautiful picture. Miley is such a pretty girl.

• UGOGURL!!! April 12, 2012 at 6:10 am

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BLACK FAMILY!! THE SIMMONS (KIMORA INCLUDED)!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!

• Nicole April 11, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I really think she was misquoted….but I love this picture and this family!

• Neonlove April 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Beautiful blended family!!
    It took me awhile to realize that the three oldest weren’t Justine’s kids, but I got over it. hehe
    Miley, though she is adopted, looks alot of Justine imo. I agree Sydney, saying Miley is “just like family” is out of place. I’m trusting she was misquoted

• deedee April 12, 2012 at 3:47 am

Great family & picture…This here folks is maturity at its best & the winners are obviously the kids….Little Miley is absolutely adorable & ironically is looking more & more like Justine. I don’t think tht statement came out right b/c they obviously adore Miley as if she is a biological child!

• Logan April 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm

She had no choice but to accept them, they were there before she knew him.That is part of the package deal!

• Sidney April 11, 2012 at 8:16 pm

As a mother of 2 adopted daughters, I hope she was misquoted because your childen are your family.

• Nene April 12, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Thats what I said that comment was crazy.

• T. April 11, 2012 at 7:56 pm

JoJo *does* look handsome here. Glad to see the parents chose well, that’s so important. Refreshing.

• Meela April 11, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Where is the good Rev. Run?

• Sherley April 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm

It’s a Mother’s day tribute, that is why Rev Run wasn’t in the picture.

• Sherley April 11, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Beautiful picture. Miley is too cute & she got taller. Angela could have picked a different outfit to wear.

It’s wonderful to see women raising wonderful children. I have to give Rev credit, he probably didn’t set it up for any drama to occur between the two of them. Men don’t realize how they are participants when new & old woman don’t get along.

• truly amazing April 11, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Gorgeous family…everyone (the kids) has grown up overnight , I still remember the very first episode of Run”s House where the kids were so little. lol

• universitychick April 11, 2012 at 5:33 pm

First time Jojo looks handsome.

• LoveLiveLife April 11, 2012 at 5:22 pm

And Miley, who was adopted..Is just like family??? Everyone knows she was adopted from birth, so why would she be just like family vs. just being family? I love the Simmons, I just hope little Miley isn’t being raised like an outsider..

• TheKing'sQueen April 11, 2012 at 5:52 pm

@LoveLiveLife I thought the same thing. just like family…what is she then the maid? I’m sure they didn’t mean it like this, but is doesn’t sound good.

• Keiri April 11, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Img, I thought the same thing!! Like WTH??? I hope it was Valerie and not Justine who made this ignorant statement! Some people not familiar with adoption are just clueless.

• Monique April 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I’m adopted and I didn’t take offense. She’s obviously family. Sometimes you can get tripped up when you’re trying to explain things. I often make a mistake and use the term “real mom” when describing my birth mom who I’ve never even met. My mom never takes offense.

• theyknow April 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I doubt she meant in a bad way like it seems it was stated. I guess she’s just trying to say she is family.

• Nene April 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm

That comment stood out to me also.

• TisLaLa May 1, 2012 at 11:55 am

None of the Simmons said that… The BCK writer made that mistake… don’t blame the Simmons
      By the look of things, they didn’t adopt Miley to treat her as an outsider… they adopted her as a little daughter( a replacement for Victoria )
      They love her as much as they loved and would have loved Victoria

• TisLaLa May 1, 2012 at 11:57 am

Seriously… Russel and JoJo look great in this pic.. they’re both looking handsome… tooo cute

• Britt April 11, 2012 at 4:52 pm

This is beautiful!

• MUNCHOSGIRL April 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm

THAT WAS MY EXACT EXPRESSION WHEN I SAW THE PHOTO!

• Misunderstood April 11, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I love that if parents accepted each other and stop making their kids hate their step parents, raising kids would be so much easier. Love the Simmons family!

• Me 2 April 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I love this family. They are so close. :)