TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

TARAJI HENSON TALKS ‘THINK LIKE A MAN’ AND MOTHERHOOD

Taraji Henson stopped by the Wendy Williams Show last week to talk about her new movie, “Think Like A Man,” and motherhood. When asked about her decision to buy her 17-year-old son Marcel a Honda Civic Hybrid Henson said, “I don’t spoil my son. He earned it.”

PHOTOS: See Archived Pictures Of Taraji and Her Son
Taraji became a single mother after  Marcel’s father was murdered 8 years ago. “I was so in love,” Henson says, “He was my high school sweet heart and we were together for 8 years. [Marcel] looks just like his father.”

Although boys are sometimes completely dependent on mom, Marcel has developed a balance between family love and independence. ”He loves me to death, but I raised an independent young man, but I’m very hands-on,” Taraji states.

Henson recently discussed the late Trayvon Martin with  CBS This Morning saying, ”I cannot think about the mother, Sybrina, and what she could be going through. (Trayvon) should be doing exactly what my son is doing right now, figuring out where he’s going to college, waiting for acceptance letters, you know, going on to the next phase of his life. But it was stolen from him.”

Check out Taraji’s interview with Wendy Williams here!

Tags : Posted in : Actors

8 Comments to “TARAJI HENSON TALKS ‘THINK LIKE A MAN’ AND MOTHERHOOD”

• Sherley April 26, 2012 at 9:45 am

Still haven’t seen the movie but I will this weekend. I feel you Taraji, my son is the same way, grounded & priviledge. I would love to see pics of her son again.

• miss namatovu April 25, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Taraji is a carbon copy of actress Bette Davis. Google it and see. If she was white, she could have played her easily. What y’all think?

• Connie1 April 25, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I THINK TARAJI IS EVEN BETTER THAN BETTE DAVIS OR WHOEVER SHE IS. TARAJI IS GORGEOUS AND IS AN AMAZING ACTRESS. NO COMPARISON!

• Misunderstood April 25, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I love Taraji she’s just an around the way girl! Marcell doesn’t have to be spoiled by her that’s what he has grandma for!

• Tulip April 25, 2012 at 11:13 am

Love her! She’s awesome! The movie was great!

• keverno April 25, 2012 at 10:58 am

I love that she kept her son grounded…..

• Sweet pea April 25, 2012 at 10:55 am

Sorry to hear about Taraji’s son’s father. Motherhood is beautiful thing. Prayers go out to Trayvon’s family.

• Seriously April 25, 2012 at 10:01 am

This movie was great! I saw it twice…Im glad a movie with an all Black cast came in #1! This hasnt happened since Barbershop 1. I loved this film..so funny and true.