ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

WILLOW SMITH TALKS NOT WANTING TO BE FAMOUS IN ‘RED TABLE TALK’ [VIDEO]

Willow Smith sits down with her mother Jada Pinkett Smith and her grandmother Adrienne Banfield-Jones in a round table discussion about parenting, love, and family. During the sit-down, which comes just in time for Mother’s Day, Willow admits to not wanting to be in the limelight.

“If I had to change one thing about my life, it would probably be, I wouldn’t be famous,” the 11-year-old singer admits. “Because when you’re famous it’s so hard. Let’s say if a regular girl is going to the book store, it’s ten times harder to go everywhere [when you're famous]. But some people are like, ‘Oh, it’s so easy,’ and I’m like, ‘As fast as you can get there, it’s going to take me ten more minutes to get there.’ Because I have to call security.”

The pint-size star does acknowledges that fame has its advantages, too.

“It’s not like I can’t reverse being famous,” she adds. “Sometimes I don’t want to be, but then sometimes I do because when there’s a problem in the world, more people will listen to me… it’s kind of like helping people and if I’m not, then I can’t help people as much as I would if I was famous.”

Watch a part of the 2 hour long conversation below:

Tags : Posted in : ActorsFeatured

39 Comments to “WILLOW SMITH TALKS NOT WANTING TO BE FAMOUS IN ‘RED TABLE TALK’ [VIDEO]”

• Valarie May 18, 2012 at 12:41 am

THANK YOU JADA & THANK YOU BCK. The honesty in this discussion is palpable. The spirit of the bond these three women share is so sincere. We can all take note and call our mom, auntie, sister, niece or grand-daughter and talk! Share our hearts. Share our truths with each other….

• zzgirl May 16, 2012 at 10:56 am

I absolutely LOVED this conversation. I have always admired Jada’s strength and tenacity, and now I see where she gets it. Her wilingness to “not get in the way of someone’s beingness” is powerfull and I wish I had learned this a lot earlier. She lets her children be themselves, learn and grow. Willow is lucky to have such an intuitive, smart and powerful mother. I am striving to be much more like this. They are a beautiful family.

• BrinaUK May 14, 2012 at 11:57 am

This is nice conversation and we can learn alot from it however I do think children should be bought up in the Lord and taught about Jesus because only in Him can you find your true identity I really do pray that this family will come to know God as they are verry influential

• Raven May 13, 2012 at 9:01 pm

i love the message Jada is sending to her daughter and for the daughters of america. it def not where u come from its where u desire to be and how to take steps to achieve.

• kc May 12, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Omg! I am so glad they put this one up here so I can comment.I just want to say why did Jada feel the need to bring the cock roaches out of the closet.Someone said this is like the ghetto version of the view lol.In a way they are right.She could have had this convo at home in private,and why have two other people there if your the only one who will be talking.I also hate how she asked Willow one question in part 3 then cut her off right after she was about to answer.You can tell this was nobody but Jada’s idea.

• lala May 11, 2012 at 10:40 pm

People are concerned about Willow’s upbringing, but she seems to be okay. She has some wise women in her life. She’ll grow into a flower :)

• kissmeraas May 11, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Mind-numbingly tedious fake “conversation”. And what’s Jada done to her face?!

• kc May 12, 2012 at 11:58 pm

plastic surgery

• me May 11, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Wow! very powerful…I love it!

• Tori May 11, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Cartilage piercing??I still can’t getttt 1 and id in the 10th

• Kimmy May 11, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I do not think that Willow does not want to be famous. She has been described by her own parents as needy in the past. Will stated on Oprah’s show years ago that Willow likes the idea of being famous ” like Paris Hilton” one day. They had to bring her onstage during the show so that she wouldn’t feel left out. If she truly had a change of heart she would stop posting pictures of herself and making that awful music.

• kc May 13, 2012 at 12:03 am

Or shaving her head all the time.Oh what stuggle it is to be pretty,and the daughter of filthy rich people.Its so tough having to call security to go places.Poor girl!

• Raven May 13, 2012 at 9:09 pm

envy is a serious illness. you should get that checked out

• Sherley May 11, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I am starting to really like Willow the person. I was already in like w/Willow the I-don’t-care-what-you-think person.

It sounds to me that she wanted to try these things not quiet realizing the impact it would have in her life. Like all children who wants to be a say, musician but change their minds 3 months later, leaving the instrument untouched underneath their bed. Unfortunately for Willow, she can’t just give it up like a normal child would.

I hope Willow will not let that sour her & finds ways to enjoy being a child/teenager for as long as she can.

• Tami May 11, 2012 at 2:57 pm

This is what I think Willow is facing. Notice how she didn’t say that she wants to stop singing. I feel that Willoe likes the glamour and glitz of being famous. What she doesn’t like is that her freedom is gone. She’s followed and printed all over magazine. And yeah she would still be followed even if she didn’t do anything.. But not to this extent. And ever since the media decided her parents were “divorcing” trust they have been even harsh on little Willow. I read an article on how they said Willow was going through something emotionally and that she was suicidal! Yes suicidal and they had a physiologist try to “evaluate” her. I mean seriously she is a young child. Like Jada said she just has to find a balance .. And i think Willow is already taken a break. She hasn’t done anything in awhile. Just my two cents. She just came to the reality it’s not that easy. I truly believed at a time she WANTED it.

• eliza May 11, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I agree, I don’t really see her as being forced into something she doesn’t/didn’t want, there’s just aspects of it she doesn’t like and that’s understandable. She does seem to be pulling back from the spotlight some.

I’m looking forward to seeing the conversation in it’s entirety.

• yo May 11, 2012 at 2:46 pm

It took this roundtable for Jada’s mom to stop feeling disconnected? I guess they don’t talk off camera.

• Dominique May 11, 2012 at 2:43 pm

3 beautiful ladies, Willow is going to be tall, beautiful and skinny she’s so adorable.

• Tami May 11, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Jada is a good person .but her mom needs to tell her to shut up. It’s going to be all Jada and no Willow and Adrienne talking!! Geez . Lol… I knew Willow looks. So unhappy around paps. I do think she does like singing . But like Jada said its harder for her and she does lose her freedom. At least Jada is tryin to help her find a balance and willing to compromise. You can tell that child won’t get off track . Jada just won’t allow it. She’s going to grow up to be an amazing young woman.

• universitychick May 11, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Jada’s the dominant one because she had to be, since her mom was on drugs during her formative years. She says she’s over it but I don’t believe her.

• Misunderstood May 11, 2012 at 1:54 pm

If she doesn’t want to be famous she shouldn’t have to be! She’s a child and I think she should really enjoy her child hood! I bet she’s an unhappy little girl my feelings towards her just might be changing! I look at MJ’s kids and they seem so much happier now just being kids!

• universitychick May 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Jada’s pushing her, my opinion. Fame eats adults alive, of course it’s worse for children.

• Tami May 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I disagree . I think that’s the first time Willow has expressed about fe. Jada was surprised. She didn’t push Willow. Willow wanted that.. And now she is realizing its not as easy as it seems. If Jada really pushed Willow, Willow would be always working ! She works about what for each video and a couple of performances. She hasn’t done anything this year. Jada even said her dreams are changing. So I don’t think Willow is bein pushed. Her parents are just supportive of what she wants to do.

• Tami May 11, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Sorry iPhone autocorrect Smhh. First time Willow has really expressed how she feels about fame… I just think Jada lets her kids do what they want because that’s how her mom was with her.

• yo May 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Of course her parents are pushing her. Her mother’s followup response was “I think you want to be but in a different way…” Do you know how difficult it is to have a conversation if someone else is answering how you feel and what you want?

• Connie1 May 13, 2012 at 1:39 pm

WHY WOULD YOU THINK HER PARENTS PUSHED HER? THEY DONT NEED MONEY, THEY DONT NEED FAME BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE IT ALL. SO THEY ARE NOT PUSHING WILLOW INTO ANYTHING. I THINK WILLOW JUST CHANGED HER MIND ABOUT BEING FAMOUS. SHE IS A CHILD SO OF COURSE HER MIND WILL CHANGE BACK AND FORTH. JADA IS JUST ALLOWING WILLOW TO EXPRESS HER SELF AND CHOOSE HER OWN DESTINY. BUT PLEASE STOP SAYING THEY ARE PUSHING THEIR CHILDREN BECAUSE THAT IS NOT TRUE. THEY HAVE NO REASON TO DO THAT. THEY ARE ALREADY RICH AND FAMOUS!

• Jboog June 9, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I actually think her DAD pushed her and not her mom. I read the Article on this website where Will admits he wanted a family in show bushiness every since he saw a movie.(I forgot the name of the movie) but I also think that Willow wanted to get into show biz and she is having second thoughts now as well. So with the combination of her wanting to be like her parents and her dad wanting the same thing, that is how it happened. But if she’d give it up right now, I believe that her mom would be supportive and her dad would understand but would still try to convince her to say.

• Sherley May 11, 2012 at 5:54 pm

She’s already famous Misunderstood. Even if she didn’t have a singing career, she still couldn’t go to the bookstore w/o calling security first. She was born with famous parents. It’s not fair, but it’s her life. I see Nahla saying the same in a few years.

• Asha May 11, 2012 at 11:38 am

She has gotten annoyingly intense and self-centered. Was she supposed to talk the entire time or was it meant to be a discussion between the three of them?

• LJMorre May 11, 2012 at 11:55 am

Lol..i was hoping to hear more of the other 2 talk as well.You know she had to get “deep” O_o

• Foxx May 11, 2012 at 1:14 pm

It was only 19 mins long out of a 2hour long video, I think it was just the editing.

• Sherley May 11, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I’m guessing you missed the previous posting of this conversation between these three? Jada’s mother spoke the last time, telling us how she wasn’t that great of a mom to Jada. Willow is now speaking & Jada will be next.

Goodness….

• Trisha May 11, 2012 at 11:33 am

Awww Willow. I can see how the paps be very frustrating. Its a blessing & curse i guess you can say

• Lunchtime Links With David Beckham | Babyrazzi May 11, 2012 at 11:30 am

[...] with her daughters? (SheKnows Entertainment) Willow Smith talks about not wanting to be famous. (BlackCelebKids) Kate Gosselin celebrated a special day yesterday. (Hollybaby) Is it time for a pajama upgrade? [...]

• Celeste May 11, 2012 at 11:20 am

“You knew not to get in the way of the being of a person.” – JPS

That is so true! I’d add to that “becoming” because some parents want to be the captains of their children’s ships but not of their own.

• LJMorre May 11, 2012 at 11:11 am

I like this red table talk and concept. Communication really is necessary in order to have healthy relationships. Also, seeing this makes me like Willow a little more. She comes off as a sweet girl and not so grown like she seems in her video. I actually feel sorry that she has to be judged so critically when the reality of it is she is still just a baby.

• Scintellement May 11, 2012 at 10:24 am

This video clip was enlightening & very encouraging (to me : )
    Thanks for sharing!

• Hunni May 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

So are we supposed to guess at what channel this will be airing on?

• PlainMean May 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

It’s an online video is all I know… I believe YouTube and AOL will be showing it.