5 questions that you should never ask a mother
Most mothers are naturally very protective and sensitive about their kids, their parenting skills, and their “mommy” appearance. Here are 5 things that you should never say to a mother (remember, this is just for fun):
1. “Are you pregnant again?”- Never ask this question to a new mother, or to any woman for that matter, unless you know without a shadow of a doubt that she is, in fact, with child.
2. “Why did you have so many kids? I could NEVER have THAT many.”- This question/comment could make a mom feel as if she’s done something wrong by having a large family. For many, the more the merrier.
3. “Rough day? You look terrible.”- Although she knows that she probably looks as tired as she feels, she doesn’t need you to point it out. You never know, she may have put forth extra effort that day and come out of the house feeling confident in the way she looked.
4. “When you are going to start working out again?”- Getting back into “pre-baby” shape is a difficult task and a constant reminder that she’s not back into a size 6 can hurt a mom’s self-esteem.
5. “How do you stand it? I couldn’t be his mother?”- This question/comment can infuriate a mother. It can come across as negative and critical of a mother’s parenting skills and make her feel as if she’s not doing a good job raising her child.
What are some things that you think shouldn’t be said to a mom?