JADEN SMITH IS SET FOR NEW SLAVERY FILM

OMG GIRLZ GET POLISHED

ALICIA KEYS HAS A HARD TIME SAYING ‘GOOD-BYE’ TO EGYPT

It’s so hard to say goodbye. This is especially true for Alicia Keys right now.

The R&B singer recently posted a blog on her website in which she talked about her career that sometimes keeps her away from 1-year-old Egypt. “I have been introduced to the worst feeling in the world,” Alicia wrote, “Saying goodbye to my son. It’s different than saying goodbye to anyone else— it’s a distant dread that follows me all the days up until the moment I walk out of the door.”

Alicia reminisced about the time when she had to travel to Europe while Egypt was teething. “I remember when he was  getting his first teeth and I had to go to Europe,” said Keys. “I called when I landed and my husband said, ‘I’m so glad you left before he woke up, he was so miserable today, you would have never left if you saw him like that.’ Now don’t get me wrong, I’m BEYOND grateful that it was my husband and my mother that was with him when his little body was so weak and sad, but honestly, I wanted to be the one holding him and cuddling him and telling him it would be ok…. But I was on a plane.”

“It’s missing those moments that makes it hard. So saying goodbye has been the difficult part… Not for him thankfully, I leave and he says, “Bye-bye Momma” and he looks happy, and comfortable, secure and ready to play. And I end up in the elevator with a lump in my throat!”

It’s so hard to let go. What will Alicia do when Egypt goes off to college?

Click here to read Alicia’s entire blog post.

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

17 Comments to “ALICIA KEYS HAS A HARD TIME SAYING ‘GOOD-BYE’ TO EGYPT”

• Helena June 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm

When you’re a new mother, you don’t want to miss anything because time passes so quickly. Egypt is already 18 months old. Children change so quickly as they grow.

Alicia Keys is a wonderful mother just trying to balance her successful career and being their to share moments with her son.

Love reading her blog.

• theyknow June 1, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I was the same way when my daughter was little, it just feels like you are going to miss something very important that you can’t get back. I guess all mothers feel that way at some point. You just wanna be there all the time, but you can’t b/c of work or other things you have going on.

• kc June 1, 2012 at 3:03 am

Regardless of her having to go to Europe without him one time I still believe she spend more time with him than without him,which is one great benefit of being rich.p.s what name is worse Blue or Egypt?

• universitychick June 1, 2012 at 6:30 am

both names grew on me :)

• Nonymouse June 1, 2012 at 12:10 pm

A few weeks ago I saw another actress had named her daughter Gray; something like Gray Madison, or something along those lines. So I thought, o.k. here come the colours of the rainbow. We have Navy & Violet Nash, Blue Ivy & now Gray. Perhaps the trend will catch on, who know?

I’m not a mommy, but understand where Alicia’s coming from. Sweet of her to express what so many working moms go thru. I look back at my mother, aunts &my friends & wonder how they did it. The best part to being an aunty for me is being able to enjoy babysitting & spoiling them & then handing them back at the end of the day. Sleepovers are also fun, but at the end of the they go back.

• Sherley May 31, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I luv me some Egypt! He’s too cute. I feel Alicia, but we working women have to do what we have to do. It’s only after kids hit puberty does it get easier to say goodbye to them. In fact, we run like crazy. :)

• Taty May 31, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Awww, so sweet. It can be very difficult to find that perfect balance, no matter how successful you are or how much money you have. She has already taken nearly 3 years off from putting out new music, so you can already tell her son is her first priority, she just worries about the balance, like all mothers I know do.

I think saying she should just stay home is a bit simple. She still has to live her life and fulfill her dreams, and it’s not like she’s complaining, she’s just expressing both the highs and lows of motherhood. Plus, it seems like most of the time she’s able to take him with her, so that probably makes the times when she absolutely has to leave him that much more painful. This blog totally tugged at my heart-strings, love her!

• LaTanya May 31, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Awwww I was like that with my first also but believe me when they get older your gonna love that time apart especially if you have more than one! lol

• Callie May 31, 2012 at 11:46 am

You all should read the whole blog. She’s just expressing a feeling that many mothers feel when they have to leave their kids.
    Her blog is very beautifully written(like always). She seems more open to share her feelings/emotions these days and I love it reminds us that these celebs are just like us.

• PlainMean May 31, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I’m aware of that. She was just sharing her feelings and relating to other women. I was just being a smart butt cause I don’t care much for her. Not too serious.

• Sherley May 31, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Huh???!! Why??? How can you not like Alicia Keys?

• PlainMean June 1, 2012 at 8:24 am

Lol I’ve been wondering the same about you and Beyonce!

• Misunderstood May 31, 2012 at 11:27 am

I agree with the both of u! She has the means to stay home for atleast 2 years but she has her charity for AIDS so that might keep her busy! Anywho I wish her and baby Egypt the best love them!

• Trisha May 31, 2012 at 10:34 am

Awwwww. That’s her 1st born, so the separation is gonna be hard. She just can’t give up her career, something she worked so hard for. She just needs to figure out a good balance. She doesn’t need to stay home

• PlainMean May 31, 2012 at 10:44 am

Some moms have to work +40 hours and leave their child at daycares the majority of the day because they have no other options. Her career and finances give her other choices. I would center my schedule/career around my baby or take a break and stay with him for the next year or so. I’m not saying she should give up her career, but it’s nice that she has options.

• PlainMean May 31, 2012 at 10:15 am

You’re rich… Stay home.

• EVELINA RAE May 31, 2012 at 10:09 pm

LMAO Trust me!

“Plainfunny” you’re always dishing out the joke :)