Keeping kids busy this summer
School is out and the lazy days of summer are in full swing. Keeping a child busy, entertained and out of trouble become a top priority for a parent during these hot months. The main question becomes, “what to do” so that you don’t hear, “I’m bored” for the next 65 days. Here are 5 ways to put your mind at ease and keep your child busy this summer:
1. Be the next Paula Deen- Cooking with your kids can be a lot of fun. Not only do you have the chance to get them involved with an activity that is apart of your routine, you can show them how to prepare healthy snacks and meals.
2. Start a DIY project- Letting your kids help you redecorate their room or plant a garden will keep them very busy and entertained. It will also help you mark that project off of your “To Do” list.
3. Learn a language- Sending your child back to school knowing a second language will put him/her at the head of the class. You may even get to pick up a new language too!
4. Plan a road trip adventure- There’s nothing better than sitting on the beach with your toes in the sand. Getting away for the day or a long weekend will give you and your kids something fun to look forward to.
5. Sign up for camp- Mini camps can be a good way for your kids to meet new friends and go on new adventures while you take a much needed siesta, clean to house or just enjoy a few hours of quiet time. Add to the list. What do you like to do during the summer?