SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

ALICIA KEYS TALKS SON AND BODY AFTER BIRTH

Singer and songwriter Alicia Keys has been working feverishly to complete her new project, designed to accompany her 2009 album The Element of Freedom. Although the singer has been involved in many charities that are inspiring by nature, her greatest influence for the new album comes from husband Swizz Beatz and son Egypt.

“It’s like I’m a different person,” said Keys in one of her ‘Meet & Greet’ videos on YouTube. “Everything is new. From being married and having a baby, and what that’s done for me. [Motherhood has] just given me a sense of real stability; real connection, grounding, reason, purpose. I’ve realized so much and I’ve learned so much. I’ve become so much more intelligent. I survey the landscape more and try to come up with what’s the best thing for me [and my] family.”

Keys recently decided that one of the best things for the family was for her to be healthy. ” No one said It was going to be so difficult trying to find my body after my baby! [But] I’m proud of being important enough to myself to not make any excuses and dedicate a good amount of time in my week to my health and strength,” Alicia said. “And I think that’s the point, to at least try, to at least owe it to ourselves to be the best version of us we can be! To feed the mind, body, soul and spirit, and to give it a shot even when it seems impossible! To all the mothers fighting….I’m so proud of you!”

Photo: @AliciaKeys

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

35 Comments to “ALICIA KEYS TALKS SON AND BODY AFTER BIRTH”

• Lunchtime Links With Jessica Alba | Babyrazzi July 18, 2012 at 4:01 pm

[...] Smith’s tongue piercing. (SheKnows Entertainment) Alicia Keys talks post-pregnancy life.  (BlackCelebKids) Gisele shows off her baby bump! (Hollybaby) Ali Larter is beautiful in blue. (I’m Not Obsessed) [...]

• Helena June 30, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Alicia Keys looks great and she has and continue to focus on her children, family and career.

I lover her for her intelligence, talent and her loving spirit.

• PlainMean June 30, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Swizz is most to blame, but this is an AK post and I was responding to an AK quote… Which I is why I focused on her… Dumb duck.

• niaboo87 June 29, 2012 at 12:02 pm

and who had to give “birth natural” or had to go under the “knife.” yeahhh… re frame from trying to understand this^^ line I was being overly hot headed!

• niaboo87 June 29, 2012 at 11:45 am

Of course if your a millionaire and can afford someone to wake you up at 5am in the morning and you probably have a nanny on the clock sure you can slim down to size with no worries. I think I’m with the mothers who work a 9 to 5 , whose life seems to have no ending and haves to work 10times harder than these celeb mothers. Their trainer, and tummy tucks and surgery can keep it moving. Thumbs up to the real mothers who have visible stretch marks, and who had to give birth natural or had to go under the knife.

• writer June 29, 2012 at 12:26 am

Lol, I am really reading these comments and Lmao. all this over someone else’s life. I can see if this was your own life and issue, but you all are arguing about someone else’s life. Lol, if its gotten this bad, its time to back away from the keyboard and find a new hobby. It’s so funny.

• Black love June 29, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I agree who cares! let’s just be happy and let others live the life they want! I love A Keys and any women who can love the skin there in! Peace and love !

• PlainMean June 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Is “Who cares?” a hypothetical question?!?! Surely, you don’t think that because you don’t care that no one else does either?

• writer June 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm

@plainmean. Maybe your wording is wrong in this sentence. It doesn’t make much sense, or maybe I missed something. Anywho, calm down everyone. Whoooooo saaaaaa, and release lol.

• PlainMean June 30, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Or maybe you don’t comprehend well…

• writer June 30, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Nah, don’t think thats it.

• universitychick June 28, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I’m happy she’s happy but idk if ill be able to relate to her on this album if it’s only about her fam.

• Sherley June 28, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I like A Keys. I use to like her more before she got with Swizz, but she seems to be a very good mom so I can’t be mad at that.

Mashonda has moved on? O_o? Oh….ok.

• universitychick June 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Right, we don’t know where Mashonda is lol

• JessieK June 28, 2012 at 3:26 pm

@plainmean. Who are you to judge someone else life and problems. You are no Saint and far from an angel. Second Mashonda and Swizz were separated when they began a relationship. 3rd Why are you dwelling on past stuff. If Mashonda over it then you need to move on as well.

• PlainMean June 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I’m not judging her! Facts are facts, and wrong is wrong! She was messing with a married man. He and Mashonda were not separated. When cellphone photos of Swizz and Alicia leaked, he was very much still publicly with his wife. And seperated does not equal not married neither legally or in the eyes of the lord who declared marriage sacred! No, I’m not a saint, but I do value marriage and thought highly of Alicia Keys. Now are you really going to sit up and argue/defend Alicia Keys like you were somehow hurt by my comment and differing opinion of her?!?! Chile plz!

• PlainMean June 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm

“That’s why people can’t progress in this life because other people like you steady more dwelling on their past mistakes”

Lmbo. All three of them are and have progressed just fine. I highly doubt my opinion has stopped anyone from “progressing in this life”. You should progress on with your day!

• JessieK June 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Your Right Because no one cares what you think Move on let the past be the past. You need to get you a men and stop talking about other people

• JessieK June 28, 2012 at 7:34 pm

A man

• PlainMean June 29, 2012 at 7:49 am

Lol I’m happily married hun! You are to A. Keys’s arse as a q-tip is to an ear! Lol get out of there. It’s not that serious.

• Yes Dear June 28, 2012 at 2:47 pm

She looks great! Go AK!!! But Alicia you are a celeb with time, money and a wealth of other opportunities on your side. If most women had what you had, we’d all be looking our best and not miss a beat. Celebrity Life & Real Life totally different.

• SERIOUSLY June 28, 2012 at 1:25 pm

ALICIA KEYS IS AMAZING! I LOVE ALL HER MJSIC AND EGYPT IS SO CUTE. SHE IS SO REAL , I JUST LOVE HER.

@PLAINMEAN…THE RELATIONSHIP WAS OVER BEFORE ALICIA CAME ON THE SCENE, REMEMBER HE CHEATED ON MASHONDA W/THE CHICK IN LONDON. LEAVE ALICIA ALONE.

• PlainMean June 28, 2012 at 11:57 am

[comment deleted]

• PlainMean June 28, 2012 at 11:59 am

Sorry, I had a lil bit of Mashonda come out…

• Méli June 28, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Ppl please stop bringing the Mashonda story. It seems everybody has moved on.

• JessieK June 28, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Exactly and You can’t blame A.K because she was not the only one.

• PlainMean June 28, 2012 at 1:57 pm

First of all, I’ll bring up whatever the hell I want to, and you can move on by jumping over my comment!

Secondly, yeah, I can blame her for being with a married man. I didn’t say she’s the only guilty party, but she is what she is!

• Sherley June 28, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Hey, hey, hey PlainMean…I like A Keys. She’s not that bad. She’s a good mom & seems to be a good person. You can’t help who you fall in love with can you?

• PlainMean June 28, 2012 at 6:35 pm

And I love Beyonce… An eye for an eye! Lol.

• Sherley June 28, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Touche! But I’ve been nice to her in the threads BCK has posted..just like I promised a few months back.

• PlainMean June 28, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Whoa! Nice? I think not.

• Misunderstood June 28, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I gets on Beyonce yes I do That’s why I not offended by PlainMean being mean to AKeys or Fantasia. Sherley has been pretty decent to Benounce.

• Sherley June 29, 2012 at 5:23 pm

PlainMean, you don’t think I’ve been nice? I haven’t said one mean thing to or about her. Now..my feelings are hurt. :(.

• Misunderstood June 28, 2012 at 9:35 am

I love AKeys! She’s such a proud mommy she love Egypt so much! She looks good congrats to finally being were u need to be! Can’t wait for the new album!

• Misunderstood June 28, 2012 at 9:37 am