ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

RACHEL CROW RELEASES NEW ‘MEAN GIRLS’ VIDEO

Rising star Rachel Crow is making waves with her new anti-bullying song “Mean Girls.” In her new song, Rachel doesn’t wear her usual happy face. She is all business, taking bullying seriously.

Rachel recently sat down with the folks at popcrush.com to talk about the new “Mean Girls” song, her recently released self-titled EP and more.

Rachel’s feeling about her “Mean Girls” song:

“I didn’t want to reach [out] to just the bullied, but the bullies, because I wanted them to stop what they are doing… and I wanted it to be something people will listen to.”

For the entire interview with Rachel, visit popcrush.com

Tags : Posted in : Child/Teen Stars

20 Comments to “RACHEL CROW RELEASES NEW ‘MEAN GIRLS’ VIDEO”

• Brittany July 31, 2012 at 10:47 am

Why are there no people of color in the video?

• MissD July 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I love her, but this is her first video why tackle a such a serious issue with your first video why not something happy and up beat then the serious!

• truly amazing July 5, 2012 at 6:56 pm

@none..Thank you for that comment , SOME people just don’t get it or want to get it. They’ll rather put someone else down , knowing its hard for them to truly LOVE themselves and they’ll rather look , dress and feel the same as everybody else. Being different really frightens a lot of insecure people , that why there’s so much bullying going on. The only person you should be judging..is YOURSELF!!!!!.

• Miss Aries July 5, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I love love love Rachel Crow and this song!!!! She is truly wonderful and talented, much better than these new and upcoming kids who think they can sing

• none July 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm

What do you mean Willow Smith is not secure with herself. Stop bringing black females down. Willow Smith (I know she doesn’t read this blog) keep doing what you are doing and don’t listen to other people. I know it’s hard at times but you know who you are nobody else. Same goes with Paris Jackson, keep being you and you know who you are. You dress they way you want to dress and listen to any type of music you want.

Hollywood and the media isn’t going to give the black female’s a change if we stop putting each other down.

Remember the 80′s and 90′s they way we use to dress and how we fix our hair. We that we were cool or dope and boys and men thought we were fly. Everybody from the 80′s had their own style and nobody really judge anyone. We always ask, were did you buy this or that from.

There’s nothing wrong being different and why would you want to look like everybody else.

• Bubbles July 5, 2012 at 5:36 pm

This song is GREAT! Rachel – well done!!!!

• RIA BANK$ July 5, 2012 at 4:25 pm

VERY POSITIVE SONG. I RECOMMEND THIS FOR ALL PARENTS TO HAVE THERE KIDS LISTEN TO, NOT JUST GIRLS BUT BOYS AS WELL.

• truly amazing July 5, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Why does willow need to take notes from rachel??…rachel is singing about her experience with being bullied and willow is singing about wanting to be herself. which I might add , she’s also been bullied through some really harsh critics from adults. Both young ladies are singing about things that are very important , and the message is loud & clear. Great job’s to Rachel and Willow. We need more positive songs for our younger generation. Because truth be told..bullying comes from being You and allowing yourself to be different.

• Deshay July 5, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I totally agree. Btw I love Willow, she is absolutely one of my favs. She has more self confidence than I do and I’m a 26 yr old woman.

• Neonlove July 5, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I believe Rachel’s message more. She is secure in who she is and I can tell from her interviews and her demeanor. Which is why the song Mean Girls is empowering, with a specific cause. Willow is still trying to find herself imo, so her message isn’t quite same and it’s vague too. “Just be you, be you”…but some people don’t know who they are lol.

• Lola July 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Love it Rachel!!! Very age appropriate and a beautiful song. Willow, I know your different and whatever but you could take a few notes from Rachel.

• Iridescent Me. July 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Beautiful song. Powerful message. Loved the video. GO RACHEL!! You could’ve left out the definitely not comment Summer. Unnecessary.

• Sherley July 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm

You should have stopped at the first sentence.

• Neonlove July 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Lol. China Anne and her sisters can sing though. Rachel is a voice to be reckoned with. And she’s only 13!

• Iridescent Me. July 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Exactly!!

• Sherley July 5, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Never said you weren’t entitled to your opinion. Simply said you should have stopped at the first sentence. It is very possible to praise a child without degrading another child..regardless of how you feel about them. There was no need to bring up anyone else in this thread, especially in a negative way.

• Iridescent Me. July 5, 2012 at 1:14 pm

So true! :)

• Sherley July 5, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Saying Lil Niqo is being posed like a thug rapper isn’t negative nor an opinion..it’s an observation. Learn the difference between the two. And why do people remember me & I have no idea who they are?

• truly amazing July 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

Wow!!!…did you really just say that?? I guess YOUR one of the mean girls she’s referring too. Sometimes it’s best to just NOT say anything. SMH…it’s a lot of really unhappy people in this world , and those that are the unhappiest are adults. Especially if you have negative comments towards children , whether you support them or not.

• Keis July 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm

The post on Oh No They Didn’t was worse. I’ve never seen so many hateful comments about a child(that wasn’t Willow Smith) in my life.

This is a good song and I love it. Rachel is pretty amazing.