SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

JADEN SMITH PLAYS HERO TO FATHER IN “AFTER EARTH” MOVIE

Jaden Smith recently wrapped filming on the new M. Night Shyamalan’s post-apocalyptic film, After Earth.

In a newly revealed synopsis, Jaden’s character Kitai and his father, played by Jaden’s real-life father Will Smith, crash-land on the now treacherous planet Earth. Kitai must travel through the dangerous, unfamiliar terrain to claim his way off of Earth and back to his home Nove Prime, while his father, General Cypher lies dying. This is Kitai’s chance to prove to himself and his father that he can be a solider, which is his dream.

Also starring the film are Zoe Kravitz (Kitai’s sister) and Sophie Okonedo (Kitai’s mother). After Earth is set to release in June 2013.

In other Jaden news, the young star celebrated his birthday this past weekend on July 8th. He turned the big 1-4!

Photo: Facebook

Tags : Posted in : Child/Teen Stars

11 Comments to “JADEN SMITH PLAYS HERO TO FATHER IN “AFTER EARTH” MOVIE”

• Lioness July 11, 2012 at 2:53 am

Hollywood hasn’t abandoned M. Night yet? Cuz I have. His movies get worse and worse by the year- that “Last Airbender” was a travesty, considering how good the original series was… Hope this one’s better?

• Momofboys July 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Im with you. After the last airbender flop Im not in a hurry to see anything he makes in theatres.

• L85 July 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Cool! I look forward to seeing the film.

• Denise July 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait. Jaden is handsome. M Night has gotten flake for his past movies.. But with the kinda power Will Smith has.. Sounds like a hit!

• Lola July 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Go Jaden! My favorite little actor.

• klassy July 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Can’t wait to see…Happy Birthday Jaden!

• Sherley July 10, 2012 at 11:28 am

I too love M. Nights movies. Happy birthday Jaden!

• Trisha (the original one) July 10, 2012 at 10:38 am

I love M.Nights movies, always have a lot of twists & suspense

Happy Belated Jaden

• truly amazing July 10, 2012 at 10:21 am

I’m a true sci-fi fan..I’ll go see the movie when it comes out next summer.

• Me 2 July 10, 2012 at 10:05 am

Seems like an interesting film. I may check it out if I have the time. I must say the smith men are intriguing actors.

• Shi July 10, 2012 at 9:56 am

I love Sophie Okonedo. She is a very talented and very underrated actress. Wish she would get more shine. Seems like a good cast all around and an away-from-the-norm type movie. Think I’ll have to check this one out when it hits Theaters.