OMG GIRLZ GET POLISHED

QUVENZHANE LANDS NEW ROLE

Young actress Quvenzhane Wallis, star of independent film “Beasts of the Southern Wild”, is getting ready for her next role. The soon-to-be 9 year old will act alongside Hollywood all-star Brad Pitt in film titled, “Twelve Years A Slave.”

The film takes place in the mid-1800s and is about a free man that was sold into slavery after being kidnapped. So far there’s no confirmation on Quvenzhane’s character, but sources confirm that she is indeed a part of the film.

The acclaimed youngster will appear amongst a cast that includes Chiwetel Ejifor, Alfre Woodard, Michael Fassbender and Dwight Henry, who played her “Beasts of the Southern Wild” father.

Below is one more picture of Quvenzhane on set of her new film.

Tags : Posted in : Child/Teen Stars

12 Comments to “QUVENZHANE LANDS NEW ROLE”

• Izaiah's Mommy August 10, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Thanx pisces u 2 :)

• Izaiah's Mommy August 10, 2012 at 9:20 am

Lol Pisces u watch that 2 ? Me n my mother luv that show. Alana n her family a trip. Especially wen she says a dollar makes me holla honey boo boo lol.

• Pisces August 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Izaiah’s Mommy…isn’t that show hilarious?! I love it! They are not Black people but for some reason featuring them on BCK would be totally okay to do! :)

I love her little sayings, too! Have a great weekend Izaiah’s Mommy! :)

• Pisces August 9, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Good for her!

Another child entertainer I like is Honey Boo Boo. She’s not a little Black girl but “A dollar makes her holla”! She and her family are something else.

• EVELINA RAE August 9, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Yey Q!

• whateva August 9, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Congrats to her.

• redlipstick August 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm

they always get Chiwetel Ejiofor for those country roles..
    congrats to her tho

• Celeste August 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm

To heck with Brad Pitt. That’s my old crush Chiwetel Ejiofor. Swoons!

• Misunderstood August 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Congrats baby I wish her the absolute best! I’m looking forward to seeing her in more films in the future :)

• Sherley August 9, 2012 at 1:23 pm

she looks so cute in her costume. Go ahead Q.

• wyb August 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I absolutely adore Chiwetel Ejifor and Alfre Woodard. I’m looking forward to this film. I know little Quvenzhane Wallis will shine as well as the other young black actors associated with this film. Have to give it up to Brad Pitt, he really make sure he connects to his African people. Can’t thank him enough for the help he did in New Orleans after the Hurricane. He didn’t get a BET Award or an NAACP award, but you know what, “WE” know what you did, Brad!

• PlainMean August 9, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I’m glad she’s getting more work, but I hope she doesn’t get typecasted into the “poor little black girl role”.