TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

YARA SHAHIDI GETS HOOKED

Yara Shahidi poses at the “Red Hook Summer” screening in Los Angeles, CA on August 14, 2012 .

The actress will soon star in the First Family, which is a sitcom about an African-American family that resides in The White House.  The show features an all-star cast including Yara’s brother Sayeed, Christopher B. Duncan (The Jamie Foxx Show), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show), Gladys Knight, and more.

Check out more pictures below!

Photos: Curtis Sabir

Tags : Posted in : Child/Teen Stars

17 Comments to “YARA SHAHIDI GETS HOOKED”

• attract women instantly May 2, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly believe this amazing site needs
    far more attention. I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the information!

• L.Paez October 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I agree with the other ladies. Her hair is Afro textured curly kinky because of our African roots. Her skin is one of our most beautiful ranges of meduim brown and her hair is coily like the women that first romed this earth. I’m another Afro curly textured woman and I’ve been so my entire life.
    Any race mixed with African/black has no option but to come out beautiful

• Liz August 21, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Beautiful!!!!!!! Her and Amandla are my fave BCK kids… they are gorgeous young ladies!!

• saadiyah August 19, 2012 at 2:11 pm

@Connie1 – Her hair is the way it is because of her Iranian genes. Otherwise the conversation would be different. Posters would be calling for her to do something with that (nappy) hair e.g. Gabby Douglass or Mercy!

• Connie1 August 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm

@SAADIYAH… WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HER HAIR IS AFRO-TEXTURED. ITS GORGEOUS. I HAVE HAIR JUST LIKE IT AND SO DOES MY AFRICAN AMERICAN FRIENDS. MY FRIENDS ARE NOT MIXED AT ALL AND THEY HAVE THAT SAME TEXTURE. IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF ANY IRANIAN GENES. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF HER AFRICAN ROOTS. HER DARK SKIN AND KINKY-CURLY HAIR. IF SHE WASN’T HALF BLACK THEN WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION. BECAUSE SHE IS HALF BLACK, IS THE REASON WHY SHE HAS THOSE GORGEOUS LOOKS. THAT’S WHY THIS IS BLACK CELEBRITY KIDS.

• EVELINA RAE August 19, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Awe Yara! I haven’t seen this pretty little thing in awhile.

Come to think of it where’s my Tyger at?

• WriterSanti August 18, 2012 at 8:54 pm

beautiful and talented young lady

• Seriously August 17, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Yara is gorgeous and talented! I love her alot.

• Connie1 August 17, 2012 at 7:03 pm

SHE IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY PARENTS SHOULD LET THEIR CHILDREN STAY NATURAL. BLACK CHILDREN WITH NATURAL HAIR ARE SO GORGEOUS. NATURAL HAIR GROWS AND NO OTHER RACE CAN DUPLICATE IT. YARA IS TALENTED AND BEAUTIFUL.

• Iridescent Me. August 17, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Yara isn’t just African American Connie. She is of African American (mom and Iranian decent (dad). I understand where you’re coming from though. Her whole family is beautiful.

• Iridescent Me. August 17, 2012 at 7:59 pm

(mom)* is what that was supposed to say. LOL

• Connie1 August 18, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I DONT CARE WHO HER DAD IS. IN AMERICA THE ONE DROP RULE IS ALL THAT MATTERS. HER HAIR IS THE WAY IT IS BECAUSE OF HER AFRICAN HERITAGE. GORGEOUS! OWN IT!

• truly amazing August 17, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Yara is such a beautiful young lady…I love how she’s always dress so age appropriate. I’ve seen too many young female stars in tight fitting clothes , and high heels. There’s nothing wrong with wearing cute flat shoes and loose fitting outfits.

• S. August 17, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I LOVE Yara! She’s too pretty

Her and Charlize Glass resemble each other

• Iridescent Me. August 17, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Finally! Spike Lee talked all that smack about Tyler Perry, but wasn’t putting in any work. Now let’s see what you got Spike. Yara is a beautiful young lady. She’s really growing up!

• Seriously August 17, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I love Tyler Perry films…seen every one of them. Personally, I don’t think spike has it anymore.

• Iridescent Me. August 18, 2012 at 10:28 am

I agree. I love me some Tyler too. Spike talked very negatively about Tyler, but he was talking from a Knicks bench. I watched the preview of this movie and it looked low budget. LOL