OMG GIRLZ GET POLISHED

CHRIS LIGHTY DIES, LEAVES BEHIND FIVE CHILDREN

Hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty died of a gunshot wound outside of his Bronx apartment in New York on Thursday, August 30, 2012. The NPR reports, “[Lighty] was found at his home in the Bronx with a gunshot to the head and was pronounced dead there, police said. No note was recovered, but a 9 mm handgun was found and there was no sign of forced entry, said Paul Browne, New York police spokesman. The shooting appears to be self-inflicted, authorities said.”

Several artists gave their condolences to Lighty’s family upon hearing of the tragedy. Rapper 50 Cent said, “Chris has been an important part of my business and personal growth for a decade. He was a good friend and adviser who helped me develop as an artist and businessman. My prayers are with his family. He will be greatly missed.” Sean Combs, a.k.a. Diddy also tweeted, “The man that saved my life! In shock.”

During his career as manager, Chris helped performers like Mariah Carey and Diddy, advance on the industry. Lighty even had a hand in 50 Cent’s popular ‘In Da Club’ single becoming a hit.

The celebrated mogul leaves behind five children and estranged wife Veronica. Lighty was 44-years-old.

Tags : Posted in : Executives/CeosFeaturedR.I.P

11 Comments to “CHRIS LIGHTY DIES, LEAVES BEHIND FIVE CHILDREN”

• portia September 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm

R.I.P Chris Lighty..

old friend in Texas. For the people that is making comments about Veronica, let me tell you as commented from Chris his self to me he was under alot of financial stress. VERONICA has nothing to do with it. He loved his family even though they are divorced. Irs is full of it he paid and the merge of the business took a toll over him. So please let his family grieve and friends and leave him in peace.

• sean August 31, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Veronica….someone can start humping her soon she deserve it.

• Meela August 31, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Say what?

BCK posted your comment and sometimes don’t post mine!

Very odd that you would say such a thing, maybe I’m having a slow night and don’t understand what your trying to say.

• theyknow August 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm

So sad…I am praying for his kids. RIP Chris.

• Seriously August 31, 2012 at 11:53 am

Killing yourself is SELFISH!, ESP BC of money.what abt the children? Did he think I them. He did do a lot for music and I hope he rest in peace somehow. I could never do it. His kids are without a dad now and its his own fault. Smh

• guyanesechic August 31, 2012 at 9:57 am

ohh thats sad. he leaves behind 5 kids. my prayers are with him and his family. on the news it was sad that he and his wife was having money issues which lead to his death. not sure if its true but may he rest in peace.

• Neonlove August 31, 2012 at 9:56 am

Sooooooo sad. Are they implying that he committed suicide? The music industry is so evil I swear. The man who previously owned Def Jam killed himself too. :(

Rip

• Sherley August 31, 2012 at 3:45 pm

That is what they are saying. The suicidal rate among black people needs to stop. RIP.

• Ateya August 31, 2012 at 9:38 am

This man I will never forget. When I was a little girl dreaming about being on a box of any perm/relaxer..he made it a reality for me to work with Motions Hair Care under his company Brand Asset Group in New York. He saved allot of people lives giving out Hip Hip Careers…but for me…it was only a chance I ask for…I got it..and I thank him and Brand Asset Group Team for that.
    RIP CHRIS “still in shock”

• LiliCee August 31, 2012 at 9:17 am

This man’s done A LOT for the music industry. RIP!

• Celeste August 31, 2012 at 9:04 am