TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

PRESIDENT OBAMA AND JAY Z HAVE ‘GOT A LITTLE BOND’

President Obama and Jay Z may appear to be on different sides of the career spectrum, but the two actually have a few things in common. In addition to being fathers, Jay Z and the president are wedded to two of the most influential women in the country.

The Chief of Staff pointed this out during a fundraiser event at the 40/40 club on Tuesday, September 18, 2012. As Obama explained, “[Jay Z and I] both have daughters and our wives are more popular than we are. So, you know, we’ve got a little bond there. It’s hard but it’s okay.” Barack also gave reference to his daughters saying, “Sasha and Malia are mad at me because they aren’t here.” Later he added, “Beyonce could not be a better role model for my girls,”

Jay and Bey hosted the $40,000-per-head event where Obama talked about his plans for America in the coming years. “We’re on the brink of an election, but more importantly , we’re on the brink of moving America in a direction where we’re going to be more just, more fair,” said the president. “The economy’s going to grow in a way that includes everybody, an America that’s respected around the world, because we’re putting forward our best values and our best ideals.” Around 100 people were in attendance at the event.

Tags : Posted in : Political Figures

14 Comments to “PRESIDENT OBAMA AND JAY Z HAVE ‘GOT A LITTLE BOND’”

• Yolo September 26, 2012 at 10:53 am

If Barack finds that there are similarities between him and Jay-z then so what? After all, he’s probably gotten to know him on a more personal level and discovered stuff we’ll never even know about. Yeah, Jay-z wasn’t always Jay-z but Barack wasn’t always POTUS either. He was once a kid making mistakes and finding his way just like Jay-z and any and everybody else. Didn’t he do drugs as a youngster? So, yeah….anyway, nice going raising 4 million dollars for the campaign “Jayonce”, I’ll be at the polls! Can’t wait! 4 more years!!

• theyknow September 21, 2012 at 9:28 am

I commend Bey and Jay on all the money they raised!! WE need 4 more years and I am so glad they are helping out. The girls love Beyonce and Beyonce loves Michelle. I do think him and Jay do have alot in common and I LOVE that the President is so hip!!

• Nonya September 20, 2012 at 8:02 am

The Carters raised $4,000,000 for the President. That’s amazing. I applaud anyone assist Obama with his campaign. Those who donated $40k or $4.

• khrish September 20, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I so agree. I wish I could have donated to attend the affair; better yet, i wish I could afford to promote such an affair. He has to get those 4 more year. They have been running against him for the past 3 1/2 so maybe he can concentrate more on the nation and less on having to run for another turm. With all that he got done with the gidlock against him, imagine what he could have accomplished had the do nothing congress share his concern for the American people instead of their racism.

• Pisces September 19, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Nice, all kinds of ways. Four more years please!

• KekeB September 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I love that the our President is so relatable. Who doesn’t love Jay and Bey :-) He definitely has my vote

• PlainMean September 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm

If the Obamas have nothing but praise for Jay and Bey, then I sure don’t have anything bad to say about them! 4 more years!

• Sherley September 19, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I didn’t say anything bad about the Carters. I like Jay Z & his music. But if Jay wasn’t a high powered rapper & had remained the way he was growing up in BK, y’all be in an uproar. To me it’s like comparing a women who has 5 children with her husband to one who has 5 children for 5 different men. The backgrounds are different. And that’s all I’m saying.

• PlainMean September 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Ummm, I didn’t say you said anything bad about anyone.

• Sherley September 19, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Ok. My bad.

• Sherley September 19, 2012 at 10:47 am

Please do not compare the President of the US & his background to a rapper with a background like Jay-Z. Uh huh. However, I am glad they are doing this fundraiser for the President, but $40k though? Hope a lot of celebrities attend.

• Ajax360 September 19, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I understand where you’re coming from, but it was the President himself making the comparison, and he didn’t seem to mind; but I guess after $40,000 a plate….

• Sherley September 19, 2012 at 1:50 pm

You said it, after a $40k plate. But having wives who are more powerful than they are, having daughters & being black, is not enough to connect them. I’m not saying the President is all that, nor am I saying Jay isn’t worthy, simply to me they are not comparable. Oh never mind, this is a Jay & Bey post..I’m already going to be crucifed just for not being a fan.

• Danni September 19, 2012 at 9:58 am

I love the first family .. And I am a proud Obama supporter but what I could with 40,000 dollars … Lol