MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

XZIBIT OPENS UP ABOUT HIATUS AFTER SON’S DEATH

Alvin Joiner, a.k.a. Xzibit, released his seventh studio album entitled Napalm on October 9, 2012 after a six year hiatus from the music industry. Although the rapper loves what he does, he needed to take a break after the death of his newborn son in 2008.

“I had a real personal tragedy,” said X on the Billboard series Close Up. “Xavier Kingston was my second born son and he passed away prematurely. He lived for 13 days then he passed. Not only was it devastating to me but to my girl. It [is]something that you just can’t just up and [say], ‘Oh well, guess I better go tour.’ It ain’t like that. You know? So sometimes you have to disconnect yourself from that.”

Xzibit’s new album features several known and unknown artists including the rapper’s son Tre who is, to his dad’s surprise, good at spitting rhymes. “It was his first time in the studio with me and my team. He did it on his first take,” explained the rapper to Baller Status earlier this month.

Tre,17, is the eldest son of Xzibit.  The rapper also has a younger some named Gatlyn.

Check out more pictures of Gatlyn below!

Tags : Posted in : Rappers and their Kids

6 Comments to “XZIBIT OPENS UP ABOUT HIATUS AFTER SON’S DEATH”

• WriterSanti October 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Great pic

• Sherley October 11, 2012 at 10:57 am

Now that is how one truly mourns the death of a child. Galtyn is a cutie & Tre is rocking his shades.

• Keis October 11, 2012 at 11:55 am

There isn’t one true or right way to mourn death.

I’m glad X found a way to deal with the death of his child.

• Sherley October 11, 2012 at 5:15 pm

If I went partying every night after my child dies, I bet you’d be saying different. Some of the things people call mourning a child is actually being in avoiding dealing with the death.

• Sherley October 11, 2012 at 5:16 pm

That is suppose to say ‘Some of the things people call mourning a child is actually avoiding dealing with the death.’ Gotta love my Kindle.

• Keis October 12, 2012 at 2:02 pm