TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

TAMERA MOWRY SAYS THE BELLY IS OFF LIMITS FOR TOUCHING

Tamera Mowry-Housley’s belly is off limits and she wants the world to know. The actress recently sat down with Zap 2 It to talk about her pregnancy, and she was sure to comment on some people’s instinct to want to touch her baby bump. “I can’t take it anymore,” says Mowry. “So, I can see the hand coming in slo-mo, and then I just quickly cover it… I just cover my belly with my hands, and I cover it before they can get to it, so what they do is touch my hands.”

Mowry gave out great advice to people who have the instinct to randomly touch pregnant women’s bellies. “Realize that the belly is between two very important areas of a woman’s body, and they’re very private,” said the actress. “It’s still part of her. It’s her personal property! If she wasn’t pregnant, would you just walk up and touch her?”

Tamera and husband Adam Housley expect their first child, a boy, to arrive some time this moth. The couple wed last year and are enjoying life.

“I have no complaints,” Tamera says. “Everything’s going great. I’ve been married for almost a year and a half, having a baby, have a hit show with my sister.”

Tags : Posted in : Actors

13 Comments to “TAMERA MOWRY SAYS THE BELLY IS OFF LIMITS FOR TOUCHING”

• Talia October 17, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Who really cares About touching her belly it’s really not that serious u act like
    Someone is trying to hurt her

• Kelli October 15, 2012 at 8:48 am

I find it sad that it angers so many women – even though I understand. It just seems that it is natural for humans (mammals, even?) to want to make a physical connection to another. The sight of a very pregnant woman is very instinctually endearing to most people and I think they act before thinking in wanting to “show love” that a new life is in the making. It’s a sign of joy and a desire to share it. It’s the same instinct that makes us want to hug someone who looks sad or is crying, or to pat a person a the back when they have achieved something, or to rub a puppy or a dog, or to kiss a baby (even babies we don’t know). But modern society has restricted all touch and connection to either ONLY sexual (hence her comment of the belly being between two private parts) or for close family. But there was a time that we were ALL familly – that whole village raising the child required the whole village to feel connected to that child. At any rate I understand that it is what it is and I understand our modern insistence on personal space, but don’t be so hard on people who do it. Gently tell them no, but don’t judge them poorly. They are projecting positivity – receive that.

• WriterSanti October 13, 2012 at 2:26 am

I only do that to relatives. I’d be okay with women touching my stomach not men that aren’t related though.

• CeCe October 13, 2012 at 12:56 am

Really what stranger comes up to a pregnant woman touch her stomach?? I never seen it before!! Nor would I do it.

• Me 2 October 12, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I think lots of women are uncomfortable with random strangers touching and rubbing their pregnant belly. I know I would be. It seems so awkward.

• PrettyP October 12, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I concur. But it was towards the end of my pregnancy. But strangers always got NO from the beginning to the end. I don’t know you so don’t touch!

• EVELINA RAE October 12, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I hated people touching my “baby”, is how I saw it, when I was pregnant…I felt like they were reaching over to grab them…it’s a very odd feeling to have someone touch your belly; especially if it’s not your close friends and family. It’s not socially appropriate any other time, so don’t do it while people are pregnant. What are they really touching for? You can usually tell when a baby is kicking without touching the Mommy’s belly…you can see it moving.

• Honey October 12, 2012 at 11:27 am

Well… Tia is her Sister. Her twin sister to be exact, so they obviously feel comfortable touching each other like that. My sister and I touched each other’s bellies while we were pregnant (once we were pregnant at the same time) and it wasn’t uncomfortable… I think that Tamera is referring to stranger touching her like that. I feel her on that and she’s right… the belly is in between two private parts on a woman. Do you, Tamera.

• Iridescent Me. October 12, 2012 at 10:54 am

I wouldn’t want that either. No bad energy.

• Zax October 12, 2012 at 9:53 am

She’s complicated anyways.

• Sherley October 12, 2012 at 9:37 am

I never touched a pregnant woman’s belly unless they take my hand & place it there. IDK why others feel it’s ok to do so. I wish she’s have to baby already.

• Tangi October 12, 2012 at 9:06 am

I know that’s right. And when you’re in that last month when your sad and miserable you do not want to be touched period. Aww I can’t wait to see her little Julian Fuego and Nahla A. lol

• Neonlove October 12, 2012 at 9:39 am

lolol. I laugh when she says this b/c she was touching all over Tia’s belly in the show. She is definitely in that moody ready-to-get-it-over-with pregnancy period