Road trips around the holidays can be fun, but also stressful when you’re dealing with traveling with kids. Here are 5 helpful tips for making your entire family’s life happier and easier when hitting the road for the holiday season.
1. Disposable clothes- These are clothes that can afford to get a little (or a lot) messy if you need to feed the kids on the go.
2. Clothes with wiggly room- You wouldn’t want to ride 8 hours in your tightest skinny jeans, so don’t make your kids. A pair of sweats or baggy old pants are just fine. No one’s keeping score on how well they’re dressed.
3. Get new toys just for the trip- These don’t have to be expensive, just new or toys that have been hidden in the toy box for a long time. They should buy you at least a little peace and quiet.
4. Electronics- There’s nothing wrong with an iPad, laptop, iPhone, DVD player or Nintendo DS gaming for a while.
5. Plan trips around naps- For small children, if at all possible, leave home an hour or so before nap time. This will give you some quiet time and hopefully a content baby when he wakes up.
What do you do to make holiday travel with your kids less stressful?