5 WAYS TO HAVE A FUN, SCARE-FREE HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION
Not everyone will be trick or treating this Halloween, but some people may still want to get into the spirit of dressing up or celebrating the start of fall. Here are 5 fun things to do to celebrate your not so spooky Halloween holiday:
1. Fall Festivals- Face painting, hay rides, games and of course, goodies! A festival is a good way to have all of the treats without any of the tricks.
2. Visit a pumpkin patch- Kids will enjoy seeing all of the different pumkpins and taking home one of their very own.
3. Family costume party- If kids just want to get dressed up and get into the spirit, this is a low maintenance and scare-free way to do so. It’s also an easy way for Mom and Dad to snap some photos for the family album.
4. Trick or treating at the mall- This is a good alternative for those parents with babies or young kids. It may feel safer dealing with local business owners and being in a well lit, enclosed environment.
5. Church events- Many local churches have (non) Halloween events for kids to allow them to dress up and receive candy without actually calling it a “Halloween” celebration.
What are you doing with your kids this Halloween that may be scare-free?