Home Upcoming UPCOMING: KELVIN DOE IS REINVENTING THE WORLD

UPCOMING: KELVIN DOE IS REINVENTING THE WORLD

5
11 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 6 Google+ 1 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 Email -- 11 Flares ×

Kelvin Doe’s main reason for becoming an engineer was simple: he needed the innovations for life. When Kelvin was 13, he realized that store-bought batteries were out of his price range for his inventions so he created his very own battery using soda, acid, and metal. After some trial and error, he wrapped tape around the dried mixture in a cup and never went to the store to purchase another battery again.

Now at the age of 16, Kelvin runs his own radio station, that is powered by a generator that he made from a worn voltage stabilizer that he found in the trash, out of his Sierra Leone home where he is known as DJ Focus. “They call me DJ Focus because I believe if you focus, you can do an invention perfectly,” Kelvin said during a video by @radical.media for their THNKR YouTube channel.

Kelvin, who has never been more than 10 miles from home, went to New York for the 2012 World Maker Faire, where he was the youngest person in the history of the program to ever be invited to the “Visiting Practitioner’s Program” at MIT. The rising, young engineer will soon be a guest presenter at the Harvard School of Engineering, where he will continue to learn more things that will benefit his home of Sierra Leone. “Whatever things I’ve learned here, I will share it with my friends, colleagues and loved ones,” Kelvin said.

Congrats and continue to strive for greatness, Kelvin!

11 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 6 Google+ 1 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 Email -- 11 Flares ×

SIMILAR ARTICLES

1

1

Around the Web

5 COMMENTS

  1. We admit that you may think this one is a stretch if your
    only interest is in non-traditional projects that you can use to promote your business.
    Gone are the days when you could spot someone
    with a fake tan a mile off, not only because they were bright orange and streaky, but also because they were one of
    the only people looking a strange shade of tangerine in a sea
    of sun-bronzed natural tans. Overexposure to the sun’s rays is considered to be
    highly dangerous and is now proven to cause various ailments, including the deadly skin cancer.
    The DHA in some sunless tanning products, especially in spray tanning booths, has been known to cause coughing, difficulty breathing, fainting, and
    dizziness. Its harmful UV rays may cause skin cancer and also ageing.
    No problems have been reported regarding DHA being absorbed by the
    body. To avoid all of these complications and more, a simple natural-based spray tan can do the
    trick. But, this only happens if the product used is not good.
    According to a report from Fox News, “the risk of skin cancer jumps by 75 percent when people start using tanning beds before age 30″.

    After you have completely dried out, give yourself 8-10 hours before stepping inside the shower.

Leave a Reply