TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

CREE SUMMER TALKS NATURAL HAIR AND CHILDBIRTH

Cree Summer believes in keeping it au natural. She is all for childbirth without meds and curly hair without chemicals. Although she experienced childbirth the natural way, Cree is not in the habit of pushing expecting mothers to go through the same process.

“I wouldn’t want to give advice to new mothers, but I would love to share the importance of knowing your rights in childbirth and to research your childbirth options,” the actress tellsCurlyNikki.com. “Women spend more time researching a new car than their births and I would also suggest if they are interested [in natural childbirth], to check out ‘The Business of Being Born’, a documentary produced by Ricki Lake. I had my daughter, Brave LittleWing at home and it was a safe, deep and magical experience.”

Cree proudly displays her curly hair at every celebrity event but admits that her daughter’s hair is not so bouncy. “It’s actually very straight and very blond! My father has blue eyes, blond hair and my mother is very dark skinned. My husband is not mixed, and he’s maybe a shade or two darker than I am. And here comes my very fair skinned, straight haired, gray eyed daughter! If my daughter didn’t look like him, I’d have a lot of explaining to do! It’s still early, and it looks like it’s starting to get a curl to it, but for the most part, it’s very light and very straight,” says the star.

Summer is known for her role as Winifred “Freddie” Brooks on the NBC sitcom A Different World. She has been in the entertainment industry since 1983.

Tags : Posted in : ActorsFeatured

19 Comments to “CREE SUMMER TALKS NATURAL HAIR AND CHILDBIRTH”

• WriterSanti December 15, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Aww she is beautiful just the way she is, straight haired, fair skinned and light eyes

• Rosa December 7, 2012 at 3:03 pm

To Lei-gianna on being a bomb-shell now – physical appearance means very little if you are uncaring, selfish and vain. We need to teach our kids (especially girls) that being kind, caring, humble and un-selfish is so much more important than what you look like on the outside.

• Kc December 7, 2012 at 4:05 am

And I thought Tia’s baby was the only one with that name.lol!

• EVELINA RAE December 6, 2012 at 10:21 am

“I was a cutie too when I was younger now I am a bombshell!” LMAO

Well congratulations, Miss Lie_Gianna, on being vain as hell! If no one in this world loves you at least you love yourself.

• Iridescent Me. December 5, 2012 at 2:03 pm

You are smelling yourself Miss Lady.

• connie1 December 5, 2012 at 11:18 am

IM GLAD SHE TALKED ABOUT NATURAL HAIR. ALL PARENTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR KIDS HAIR NATURAL. LISA BONET IS THE SAME WAY.

• PrettyP December 5, 2012 at 10:43 am

I am not surprised she is actually like her character on A Different World hippie artsy and au natural. Beautiful baby and I actually like her name I would only call her Brave though. She has to grow up so she won’t always be little wing…. Maybe I’m overthinking it lol IJS

• Iridescent Me. December 5, 2012 at 10:34 am

I knew I was right about who she was. I follow Cree on Instagram. Lol. Brave LittleWing. is such a beautiful little girl. Love Cree. I can relate to her and Lilakoi Moon (Lisa Bonet). Very earthy and deep. :)

• theyknow December 5, 2012 at 10:15 am

Cree still looks the same and her daughter is very beautiful!!

• me December 5, 2012 at 10:11 am

OMG! Brave Little Wing is a doll. Her cute little face is so adorable!

• EVELINA RAE December 5, 2012 at 8:25 am

WAIT…someone else has the name Cree??? WOW!

Gotta love Genes! Her daughter is beautiful!

• EVELINA RAE December 5, 2012 at 8:29 am

WAIT…the little girl’s name is BRAVE LITTLE WING??? WTH??? I thought that was a photo gallery title… o_O))

• Pisces December 4, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Both are so cute.

• hmmmmmm December 4, 2012 at 10:19 pm

(Smiles Big) Love the Story…Beautiful Mother & Daughter

• Trisha (the original one) December 4, 2012 at 10:10 pm

She’s a cutie! Her name is…different lol. But better than a lot of other celeb kids names. She looks like a little hippie lol.

• candyisdandy December 4, 2012 at 9:32 pm

What a name! That child is sooooo gorgeous!

• Neonlove December 4, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Brave is beautiful! Haha, about Cree’s comment on her daughter’s features. It does happen in my family too. One of my cousins is very fair but her parents are a couple of shades darker than she is. Some genes skip a generation.

• Jenny December 4, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Awww Brave little wing is sooo cute!!!

• Nene December 4, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Very well put Cree. She waited a long time to have kids. She pregnant again from what I hear? Her co·star Lisa bonet had baby number two and three at 40 and 41 Cree reminds me of Tracee ellis ross.