KENNEDY RUE GOES TO THE PROM WITH REGINA KING’S SON

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

POOCH HALL AND WIFE HOST ‘SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILY PROM’ IN HONOR OF DAUGHTER’S BIRTHDAY

THE OBAMAS HOST TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY

It was a cold winter night and all were in anticipation for the annual lighting of the White House National Christmas Tree ceremony put on by the Obamas on Thursday, December 6, 2012. The President, along with First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia, gave the countdown as the crowd waited anxiously to see the decorations of this year’s tree. Sasha,11, and Malia,14, had the great honor of turning on the lights, making the holiday season at the White House complete.

During the celebration, which featured several performances from the music industry’s finest, President Obama took time to remember victims of Hurricane Sandy. “Now, we know that some of our neighbors to the north saw a more ruthless and destructive Sandy,” the President told the crowd. “This holiday season is especially difficult for families who lost everything in the storm. But it’s also a time for us to be grateful for the heroism and perseverance of ordinary men and women in the storm’s path who’ve showed us that Americans will always be stronger than the challenges that we face. And as I did before Thanksgiving, I can’t help but tell a story of their enduring holiday spirit.”

Jason Mraz and Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds were among several to perform at the tree lighting ceremony. This year’s Christmas tree was laced in small red and green lights with medium-sized white stars throughout. The large yellow star was placed atop the tree.

Photos: AFP

8 Comments to “THE OBAMAS HOST TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY”

• Http://www.fasthorsesproductions.com/ December 25, 2013 at 4:13 am

I just could not leave your site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual info a person provide on your guests?
    Is gonna be back incessantly to check up on new posts

• Monica December 8, 2012 at 1:27 pm

What a pretty family!

• Writer December 7, 2012 at 11:42 pm

THE BEAUTIFUL FIRST FAMILY! what more is left to say.

• EVELINA RAE December 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I’m loving Sasha’s jacket and scarf, stylish!

• theyknow December 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Malia is so pretty and I swear she is taller every time I see a pic of her. ..She looks like a model!! Sasha is very pretty as well!!

• MRSREYNOLDS December 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

THE FIRST FAMILY IS JUST BEAUTIFUL! inside and out!

• Lisa December 7, 2012 at 11:56 am

Will Malia ever stop growing? I think not! She is quite beautiful. Glad the President holds her closely and helps her to feel secure in her stature.

• Oxford December 7, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Until her growth plates close…no. At 12, I was 5′-7″, three inches taller than my mum. I’m 5′-10″ now and my pediatrician told me this summer that she thinks I’m done but I don’t know, my almost 10 year old brother is already my height.

I like seeing Malia. It’s nice to see another tall teen comfortable with herself. Only thing I don’t like is that men can get creepy. Looking at my face, my age is obvious but they will still try to talk to me.