5 WAYS FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD TO BEAT CABIN FEVER THIS WINTER
Winter is the season of holiday fun, Christmas and family time. It can also be the time of major cabin fever. While it’s fun to go outside and have snowball fights and make snow angels, some days are just too cold to take on Jack Frost and the warmth of the house is far more appealing for kids and parents alike. Here are 5 ways to make staying in the house fun for moms and kids, and keep cabin fever at bay:
1. Have a scavenger hunt: Gather some items that you have around the house and create a mission for your kids. This is a great way to keep their minds and bodies occupied.
2. Bake sweet treats: Letting kids help make treats is a fun activity for you all to do together. The best part is that you all can eat them together at the end.
3. Play Simon Says or Red Light, Green Light: These games are perfect for younger children and you can help them burn some energy.
4. Watch a movie together: Pick out your child’s favorite movie that you haven’t seen in a while and have a movie night during the day. Go all out with popcorn and lights out.
5. Get crafty: Most kids love crafts. Use what you have around the house and get to work on making something new. It can be a picture frame out of Popsicle sticks or creating a new recipe. The sky (or your house) is the limit!
What are some ways that you and your kids beat cabin fever in the winter?