5 WAYS TO CHILDPROOF YOUR HOME
As parents, we want to keep our kids safe from any possible harm that may come their way. That includes being aware of strangers, being safe crossing the street and protecting themselves from school bullies. In making sure that they are protected when they are out of the house, it’s important to make sure that they are just as safe as when they’re at home. Here are 5 ways to keep your kids safe at home:
1. Outlets- This is one of the simplest, but sometimes most overlooked area in the home to keep safe. Babies, especially, are just the right size to put their little fingers right into outlets. Outlet covers are cheap and can keep those little fingers out of danger.
2. Trash Cans- Not only can kids tip over the trash onto themselves and get hurt, but once they get into the trash, they can potentially stumble upon choking hazards and dangerous chemicals that were thrown out. Put your can away in a cabinet or get a heavy can that they can’t tip over.
3. Dry Kibble- Besides being a little gross, it can also be a choking hazard. Keep the food put in a place out of reach for the kids or take the pet food dish up as soon as pets are done eating.
4. Loose Cords- Make sure that all cords are high enough so that tiny hands can’t pull down irons or straighteners onto themselves. Also make sure that electronics are turned off immediately after use.
5. Low Cabinets- Cabinet locks are a helpful way to keep hands from getting to your cleaning products or anything else that may be down where they doesn’t need to be touched.
What are some things that you do to childproof?