8 WAYS TO BRING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH YOUR KIDS
For some parents, New Year’s Eve celebrations don’t include parties with tiny h’orderves, cocktail dress and glasses filled with champagne for midnight toasts. For some, the New Year’s Eve celebration is all about chicken nuggets, pj’s and sippy cups filled with apple juice. Here are 8 ways to have a fun NYE celebration with your kids, even if you have to skip the cocktails and cocktail dresses:
1. Countdown til 9- Not down with your kids staying up until midnight? That’s ok. Let them have a countdown until 9 or 10 o’clock, complete with noisemakers and a round of “Auld Lang Syne.”
2. Noisemakers- Whether they’re DIY or store-bought, your kids will love being able to make as much noise as they want in the house.
3. Party snacks- Make NYE snacks that you and your kids can share. Choose a few NYE favorites from other cultures such as dumplings or cakes.
4. Make a time capsule- Put in some of your kids favorite memories from 2012 so that you can open it at the end of 2013 or later.
5. Make a list of resolutions- It could be anything from making better grades to becoming a good helper at home.
6. Watch NYE movies- Pick a favorite NYE or holiday movie to enjoy as a family.
7. Party hats- Get crafty and creative. This is fun for you and fun for your kids. Win win.
8. TOAST!- Drink to the new year. So what if the drink is apple juice instead of champagne.
What are some ways that you are bringing in the new year with your kids?