5 CRAZY THINGS THAT PEOPLE SAY TO MOMMIES-TO-BE
Being pregnant can be hard enough without having to filter comments that seem to come out of left field. Although people have good intentions and some of the comments may have even been things that you’ve said to other mothers-to-be, pre-baby bump, it still doesn’t take away from the fact that now, you want to roll your eyes at some of the things that come out of people’s mouths. Here are 5 of crazy things that people say to pregnant women:
1. “You look ready to pop”- Yes. I am ready to pop. I’m ready to pop you in the eye!
2. Eat what you want- Although you do have to increase your calorie intake, you still have to eat a nutritious, balanced diet. Pregnancy isn’t a hall pass into junk food.
3. “Are you sure you’re not having twins”- You’re already on the verge of tears at every commercial. You stopped being able to see your feet 2 weeks ago and your belly itches all day. This is the last things that you need to hear from anyone, no matter how funny they think it is.
4. “We’re pregnant”- The daddy did help, but if he can take on some morning sickness, swollen feet, and back pain, he can say that he’s pregnant too.
5. You’re eating for two- Yes, technically there is another person inside your body but that person will only weigh about 7 pounds when things are all said and done. According to Webmd, an average woman should only gain about 25 to 35 pounds during the entire course of the pregnancy.
What are some crazy things that you’ve heard while pregnant? Have you said some crazy things to a mom-to-be?