SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

FOXX TACKLES SUBJECT OF SLAVERY WITH HIS KIDS

As audiences everywhere are confronted with the cruelty of slave trading through Jamie Foxx’s new film, Django Unchained, the actor and radio host has been charged to tackle the subject of slavery in his own household. A father of two girls, Jamie recently took his daughters to the set of his new film where they came in contact with a great deal of history and culture on a real plantation in Louisiana.

“My four year-old (Annalise)  just ran, jumped and played and had a good time which is probably what a lot of young slave kids did at the time,” said Foxx. “They didn’t know how bad their situation was. But my 18 year-old (Corinne) was stunned. 7,000 names of babies that were killed on the plantation because when a Black woman would have a baby, the slave master would say, ‘so how are you going to pick cotton?’ So he killed the baby.”

Although hailed as one of his most powerful works in acting, Jamie thinks that there is more to Django Unchained than mere entertainment. The actor also believes that audiences everywhere can be educated on the poor condition of many slaves during one of America’s darkest hours .

Django Unchained is available for viewing at local theaters throughout the nation.

Tags : Posted in : Actors

13 Comments to “FOXX TACKLES SUBJECT OF SLAVERY WITH HIS KIDS”

• EVELINA RAE January 14, 2013 at 8:24 am

Corinne and Annalise are gorgeous girls!

• tngirl81 January 11, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Try as I might I just can’t seem to like Jamie Foxx. I have heard mixed reviews about the film so I will refrain from judging it. But talking about slavery is important to do with your children.

• Celeste January 11, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I loved the movie but my kids would not see it until they were over age 14.

• Deshay January 11, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I loved the movie.

• Miri January 11, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Society will never be color blind and black people of all colors still face discrimination.

• Isabella January 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm

very true Miri, it is the same way in the Latino society. If you are not white with a Spanish phenotype you will experience a lot of discrimination based on your race and color. In every Spanish speaking society the whites behave as if they still live in the 1800′s where slavery of black Hispanics was rampant.

• Isabella January 11, 2013 at 4:38 pm

True Miri! In all Spanish speaking countries black and brown Hispanics are discriminated against and treated badly by white Latinos. Unless you are full Latino with white skin and straight hair life will not be fair to you at all.

• Zoe January 11, 2013 at 2:03 pm

It doesn’t matter that they are half white they still are not white in the eyes of the world and they will have the same problems with discrimination.

• Iridescent Me. January 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I loved the movie and it was DEEP!! Quentin is genius. It was emotional, educational and it had humor to it. I can only imagine how Corrine felt being on that plantation and feeling the energy and the innocent souls that were murdered there. Knowing me, i’d cry.

• Red Parada January 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I did noy like the movie. And his kids won’t have any problems with discrimination since they are not full Black.

• J January 11, 2013 at 7:17 pm

So only full black or dark skinned people get discriminated against? I guess you don’t live in America…

• Yeah I Said It January 12, 2013 at 12:13 am

Ignorance at it’s finest!!

• Ajax January 13, 2013 at 7:06 pm

What a stupid thing to say!!! Truly ignorance at its finest.