MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

ERYKAH BADU: ‘I DON’T KNOW THIS MUSIC BUSINESS WITHOUT MY CHILDREN’

Erykah Badu is one with her children which makes her one with the music industry. The GRAMMY award-winning artist recently revealed to Arise that her kids-Seven, Puma, and Mars-help her identify herself with the industry.

“My first album [Baduizm] came out February 1997, second album Live came out November of the same year, and the same day my son was born,” said the singer. “I spent the whole of my first pregnancy working at the beginning of my career. I had to breastfeed on tour and create a home on the tour bus – I don’t know this music business without my children. And being a doula [an assistant to a mother giving birth] I have to be like water, always going out of the way to help. But when I am on stage I am a different kind of servant, I am the mother and the audience is helping me give birth.”

While she may have struggled with music writing, Erykah told Arise that the gift of lyrical creation is her fifth element. “Music is almost like the fifth element, it brings about emotion and change in many ways,” explained the artist. “The frequency of music is specific; each note has its own vibration that can be measured. Certain notes, tones and melodies make us feel a certain way, some we connect with and others we don’t, maybe because of the rhythm inside of us. I write lyrics according to what the music makes me feel.”

Seven is Erykah’s eldest child and only son. Puma and Mars are the singer’s daughters.

Photo:Wikimedia

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

7 Comments to “ERYKAH BADU: ‘I DON’T KNOW THIS MUSIC BUSINESS WITHOUT MY CHILDREN’”

• loco panda July 8, 2013 at 2:23 am

It was challenging over time chief who had previously been removal in addition to staying highly ridden.
    In case you have the gambling-related web site then you definately are usually undoubtedly focused on their search positions searching search engines
    due to the fact you intend to improve traffic aimed at your
    site to boost online income.

• box24 casino online slots June 28, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Sad to say, occasionally, it truly is unlawful in order to enjoy for actual money on-line.
    Because you will not wish to be actively playing blackjack
    at a great online box24 casino online slots the place that the home is victorious 93 of all the 100 fingers, you should pay attention prior to plunk your hard earned money lower.

• Sherley January 17, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Mars is adorable! She’s handling that mic.

• Meeee My LOVES January 17, 2013 at 12:59 pm

A-DOR-ABLE!!

• universitychick January 17, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Erykah is so deep.

• Trisha (The original one) January 17, 2013 at 11:24 am

I find it funny how she can parade her kids at concerts, have pics taken of them for magazines (her own benefits) but got on the lil one’s father for posting pics saying she dont want her kids in the media. Don’t seem fair to me

Mars is so cute!