5 REASONS BABIES CAN MAKE A MARRIAGE BETTER
Many people feel like once you have a baby, your marriage is headed into a decline. There will be no more romance. There are no more date nights. No more long talks until the wee hours of the morning. Some things do change. For instance, you may go from talking until the wee hours of the morning to changing diapers until the wee hours, you can still have a marriage that is just as fulfilling as it was pre-baby. Here are 5 reasons why having a baby can actually make your marriage better:
1. Fun- At the end of the day, kids are fun and there are lots of funny moments involved in raising them. From the first time your husband puts on a diaper backwards, to seeing your baby dance to a commercial, parenting with laughter is better than with tears.
2. Special Bond- Before baby, things in the marriage were about your extended families, friends, and jobs. Once you have a baby, you and your spouse have something special that you share that’s just yours and no one else’s. There’s no one in the world that can take that closeness away.
3. Loss of self-consciousness- He’s been with you at doctor’s visits when you’ve had to ask the embarrassing questions about things that are happening to your body. He’s pulled the car over because of your morning sickness. He was in the room and saw everything when his child was born.
4. Learning together- As new parents, you and your spouse are in this together and are figuring things out together.
5. Teamwork- Tag teaming a baby can help build a new foundation for working together better for both you and your spouse.
Are there some ways that your marriage has improved post-baby?