MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

JADA PINKETT-SMITH: “WE CHOOSE OUR BLENDED FAMILIES”

Actress Jada Pinkett-Smith recently took to Facebook to talk about her experience as a wife with a step-son.

Jada told social media fans that she is a better woman because of her decision to marry Will and accept his eldest son, Trey, as one of her own. “My blended family made me a giant. [It has] taught me so much about love, commitment and it has been the biggest ego death to date,” said the actress.

Jada also explained, “When I married Will, I knew Trey was part of the package…Period! If I didn’t want that…I needed to marry someone else. Then I learned if I am going to love Trey…I had to learn to love the most important person in the world to him…his mother. And the two of us may not have always LIKED each other… but we have learned to LOVE each other.”

Mrs. Smith commented on women who try to separate their husbands from their children of a previous relationship. “I can’t support any actions that keep a man from his children of a previous marriage. These are the situations that separate the women from the girls….We can’t say we love our man and then come in between him and his children. THAT’S selfishness.”

Jada and Will have two children-Jaden and Willow-together. Trey is Will’s child from the actor’s marriage to Sheree Zampino.
Photo: Facebook
Tags : Posted in : ActorsFeaturedThrowback Time

28 Comments to “JADA PINKETT-SMITH: “WE CHOOSE OUR BLENDED FAMILIES””

• Nene February 25, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I love that comment. She knew that she was not only marrying Will but she was also marrying his son and sons mother as well. Smart comment and beautiful family. I always say once someone has a kid they are a package deal.

• Nene February 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Since I don’t really know them, I’m going off what I see and hear in the media and from what I hear they are a wonderful close knit family. The kids are pretty.

• tanja February 23, 2013 at 5:26 am

I dont agree with everything the Smiths say….actually I´ve critized them a lot in the past….
    b ut what Jada said here is very, very true…it might be painfull at first…but kids need their daddies too and keeping them away from them is just plain wrong

• Da February 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Amen to that.

• Leighla February 21, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I’ve often criticized the Smiths, but I’ve always admired Jada for her mature attitude where her stepson is concerned; a lot of women could learn from her.

• Nene February 25, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Agreed.

• AKAI February 21, 2013 at 12:03 pm

You said this already Jada…you keep repeating the same things over and over…its annoying!

• Sherley February 20, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Trey is over 18, we already heard her say this.

That being said, she is absolutely correct. You want a man to accept your children but don’t want to accept his. That is senseless. Children are not the reason a relationship didn’t work out, therefore they should not have to be punished for it.

• KekeB February 20, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Applause!!! My step mom is the greatest! I was truly blessed. I always dated men without kids because I didn’t want to deal with “baggage” and then I grew up and realized a beautiful woman accepted me and loved me as her own so I would be selfish to not do the same. So now I have a step son. Learning to love his mom is hard, but I’m always tolerant and courteous, who knows maybe one day I can say we finally learned to love each other.

• Sherley February 20, 2013 at 6:28 pm

That’s wonderful Keke. My step-dad is the only dad I know & he treated me like I was his own. My step-mother & bio father are an entirely different story. My son’s father’s wife cannot accept my son, yet want me to accept hers. I’m dating a man who has three girls & they call me step-mom even though we are not married. He doesn’t accept my son as much as I accept his daughters & that will be our downfall if he doesn’t get it together by end of month.

Applause to you as well.

• Lana February 21, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Then what connection could possibly be so strong between you and that man if he isn’t really keen on your son? Not judging you at all; just picturing myself in that situation. That definitely kills the attraction for me.

• Sherley February 21, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I didn’t say he wasn’t keen on my son. He does for him & cares for him & my son adores him. He believes girls are supposed to be spoiled & pampered while boys are to be treated ‘hard core’. I believe all children should be treated equally, I’m not into that double standard with genders mess. If I hug my son after he lost a basketball game, he says stuff like stop babying him, he needs to man up & take the lost. But when his daughter loses a track meet, he rubs her shoulders, get her ice cream & comforts her till the cows come home; I’m the one saying toughen up then. That was how he was raised in a family of 13, where he has more sisters than brothers. That being said, my main issue is he isn’t willing to see it through different eyes & I don’t deal with narrow minded people very well.

• Lana February 21, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I see.

• Sherley February 20, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I replied to you Keke but BCK is holding it hostage. In short I said kudos to you. Your step-son will always remember you as fondly as you remember your step-mom.

• KekeB February 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Thanks Sherley!! Hopefully your situation resolves itself

• Sherley February 21, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thank you, but even if it doesn’t my son & I are more than alright.

• EVELINA RAE February 20, 2013 at 11:52 am

Lovely photo!

• IridescentMe. February 20, 2013 at 11:14 am

I’d really love it if the one person that dislikes me, can reveal themselves. It’s always one. Whomever you are, seek happiness because negativity and hatred isn’t going to get you far. Have a beautiful Wednesday BCK Family!! (>‿◠)✌

• Dee February 20, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I agree with, your comment was not disrespectul and niether was mind. There are some keyboard twerks up in here.

• IridescentMe. February 20, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Now it’s five dislikes. I guess people love to be bitter, hateful and love negativity. I remove myself from negativity, so I guess I will remove myself from here. BCK used to be a more positive atmosphere. My, have things changed.

• Sherley February 20, 2013 at 6:18 pm

It baffles me why you get so upset over a little click of a button. This has bothered you ever since they have been put up. So what you get one, seven, or a billion thumbs down, how does that change your comment? How does that make it negative? How does that change you? How does that make BCK negative? You are going to leave a great web site, because you keep getting thumbed down?! O_o? Even on facebook, they don’t really get any prices for having a thousand likes. Let. It. Go. Already. It’s not that serious.

• PlainMean February 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Thank you! No one has to like what you say. The thumbs down option has cut back on a lot of the bickering that use to go on on BCK! You act like a thumbs down ruins your whole day… Get over it, stop complaining, or yes – leave BCK!

• Sherley February 21, 2013 at 7:12 pm

PlainMean, I don’t get why it bothers her so much. *shrug*. Shoot, I’m surprised I get any thumbs ups. I think people just see my name & go…ehhhh…this one again. :)

• Dee February 20, 2013 at 10:59 am

She absolutely right in what she is saying, but difficult to do when in the situation.

• Lana February 23, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I honestly can’t see how it can be difficult unless there is a lack of maturity on the parts of one or more parties involved. Immaturity and unresolved feelings are often the root of problems in blended families. My step-daughter’s mom was absolutely one of the most helpful people in the world when I had my twins. She wasn’t bitter than my husband and I were together and staring our own family. I wasn’t jealous that my husband’s daughter has his heart like no other woman can have it. I adore the way they parent together. She is glad to have a mother figure around her daughter when she stays with us. People just have to remember that kids come first.

• Lana February 23, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Excuse the typos. Writing on a touch screen is terrible sometimes.

• IridescentMe. February 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

I read this on her FB page a few days ago and I was in here clapping as if I heard her speak this at a convention. Lol. I agree with EVERYTHING she said. Bless the Smith/Fletcher blended family. :)

• jhazzael February 20, 2013 at 11:03 am

Me too, lol. There are females and them there are WOMEN.