ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

TIA AND TAMERA: ‘WE WANT OUR CHILDREN TO EMBRACE BOTH SIDES OF THEIR HERITAGE’

Tia and Tamera are proud of their heritage. The sister duo recently took to their blog to talk about their kids and pride in being of mixed race.

“We are incredibly proud of our heritage,” wrote the sisters. “As new moms, we want Aden and Cree to grow up with the knowledge that race has nothing to do with who you love, what you can achieve or what you are capable of. We want our children to embrace both sides of their heritage – the good parts of history and the bad– and be proud of their background and the positive place where it was led.”

Tia and Tamera went on to say, “We want them to dream, to love, to hope, to grow and to live with the knowledge that anyone can achieve whatever they put their minds to, no matter what their race.  We now live in a society where diversity is something to be embraced, not shunned – and that is every reason to celebrate.”

Tia and husband Cory Hardrict welcomed baby Cree into the world on June 28, 2011. Tamera gave birth to baby Aden in November with husband Adam Housley by her side. Both sisters have been married for more than a year.

Tags : , Posted in : Actors

34 Comments to “TIA AND TAMERA: ‘WE WANT OUR CHILDREN TO EMBRACE BOTH SIDES OF THEIR HERITAGE’”

• zgirl February 27, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Hmmmm, I bet they wouldn’t keep addressing “the race thing” if people wouldnt keep bringing it up to and about them. People sitting behind computers feel they can say anything, no matter how mean or vile, and then wonder or dissmiss it when peoples feelings are hurt.
    Racism exists, pretending it doesnt and that we are all created and treated equally is just silly. If they didnt say anything, people would say they dont care and are denying their heritage, if they do, they are annoying and whining…..they are damned if they do and damned if they dont. Cree and Aden are beautiful, and they look alike.

• OnyxlyMe February 24, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I’m a black woman and my new finance (I got engaged on v-day!) Is Caucasian. Honestly I wouldn’t give a damn if he were turquoise I’m so in love. But I cringe at the thought of our future children having to deal with rude comments and ignorance regarding their ethnicity. Just seems so silly and a waste of energy. I’m very dark skinned. (And love it btw) Yesterday another black woman actually said “I know you glad your kids gone be light skin!” *blank stare*

• Kc February 24, 2013 at 10:00 am

Why does she always have this Kabalah bracelet on him.

• WriterSanti February 22, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Awww Aden and his chubby cheeks, Cute pic of Cree in the tub. Those two boys are genetically half siblings.

• miriam ndegwa February 22, 2013 at 1:54 am

l love your show very much,and l wish you the very best in all your endeavors that came with God’s blessings

• Pisces February 21, 2013 at 11:17 pm

The older the twins get the more they look like their mother. Her features are dominant in them. They virtually don’t even look mixed race. They just look like light skinned African Americans to me.

Given that this is nearing the close of Black History Month, I am happy that they say they embrace all of their heritages, including their Black part.

That’s positive in my view.

• Shug Avery February 21, 2013 at 10:52 pm

love love love the girls and their babies… But enough with the bi racial stuff…Yes they will embrace both side .. but 9 time out of 10 Cree will be a black baby in society … and Aiden depending on how his features work out with have to “Prove his blackness” as he gets older… It is a tale as old as time… but old for sure… boring … I am over this is bi racial stuff .. honestly …
    Tia and Tamera were always seen as black twins … and we often forgot they were mixed… because lets be honest … they look like beautiful black women with beautiful hair… I often forget they are mixed… like Alicia Keys … like Halle Berry … like President Obama …

• Celeste February 23, 2013 at 8:09 pm

beautiful hair = good hurr?

• Shug Avery February 24, 2013 at 6:20 am

Ummm no I said beautiful hair … PLEASE do not start that good hair crap … Not going their with you people … get over it …
        They both have gorgeous hair .. period …
        So did Kiesha Knight Pullim when she was a kid on The Cosby Show and that was ALL NATURAL and it was gorgeous …
        PLEASE enough with it

• Celeste February 23, 2013 at 8:13 pm

The same people who say that the Mowry’s need to “shut up about race” are the same one’s that ignore the structural racism that still exists in the United States. Being biracial or marrying someone of a different race will not change institutionalized racism and until that changes we will have to keep talking about race and racism… preparing our children for society.

• Nene February 23, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I agree. Some people that are mixed don’t even look it. So I hope people just get over the skin color, eye color, and hair type thing.

• Sherley February 21, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Aden is a cutie. His V-day outfit is adorable & no that is NOT Cree naked in the tub showing all his business. :). Tia & Tamera are starting to sound like Jada Smith, repeating the same things over & over again. It seems to me they are trying to force people to see things the way they do or they are feeling insecure about their heritages. If you are happy with it & doing right with God, screw what the world thinks….

• LL2 February 22, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I have never commented before but I have to co-sign your comment. I’m sensing some major insecurity and I feel sorry for them. Hopefully this is not something they pass on to their children. I’ve never felt the need to publicly announce my pride in my racial heritage. It comes from within and permeates through whatever I do. There’s no need to make an announcement because that would be stating the obvious like informing everyone that “water is wet” or “the sky is blue”. If you are comfortable in your own skin, people will see that and no further explanation is necessary.

• Sherley February 27, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Agreed! And welcome to BCK!

• LaTanya February 21, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Love the girls and their beautiful families. It’s not their fault other news sources are taking stories from their blog and printing them. Their true fans appreciate their openness. Their college graduates, married and very classy which is a hell of a lot better then 90% of the so called celebrities that are out now!

• Shannon February 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I agree…I feel like they talk about race almost very day and just reword it. However,I am not a mixed raced woman so I do not know all the criticism that they encounter. Just my opinion.

• PlainMean February 21, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Tia and Tamera are annoying. I love Aden’s vday picture!

• KekeB February 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm

co sign

• Dee February 21, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Rude #1

• PlainMean February 21, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I guess that would make you annoying #3!

• AKAI February 21, 2013 at 4:09 pm

@Plainmean..so you can say that about classy and educated Tia AND Tamara but no one can say anything neg abt abt high school drop out, Beyonce??? Can I say hypocrite..

• Marshae February 21, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I was with you until you said beyonce lol. Thats My girl. Use Amber Rose.

• PlainMean February 21, 2013 at 6:22 pm

What does anyone’s education level have to with anything?!?! That just said volumes about your intelligence, or lack thereof…

Mind you, I didn’t say that Tia and Tamera are bad people. I simply said they annoy me. I’m sorry you have a problem with that. (Shrugs)

• Nene February 23, 2013 at 9:45 pm

At times. Lol.

• sdf February 21, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Lovely message from Tia and Tamera!

I still can’t believe black folks are still giving Tamera a hard time. You all should see the messages she gets on twitter. We are better than this, we know discrimination and here we are discriminating against Tamera.

• Connie1 February 22, 2013 at 8:32 am

Sad you are assuming that its African Americans commenting about tameras baby but you never once said it was Caucasians as well

• Trisha (The original one) February 21, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Omg Aden!!! I love them cheeks. He has changed

I feel like I’m hearing the same thing from the sisters over & over again, just re-worded lol

• Linda February 21, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Aiden is cute and he has changed a lot.

• Dee February 21, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Sister Sister, I love Tia and Tamera Mowry. Tajh too from the Smart Guy. How ironic that both their hubbies have last names that start with the letter “H”. It must be that twin thing.

• EVELINA RAE February 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Look how gorgeous Aden is, awe! He is so big already. I love that shirt, too cute!

• Deshay February 21, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Cuteness overload!!

• Toya February 21, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I love these girls and their beautiful babies!! Period!! Cont’d Blessings….

• Sam February 21, 2013 at 11:49 am

They talk about race too much… I wish they shut up and live life!!!

• Vana February 22, 2013 at 11:03 am

Exactly. You don’t hear the Obamas always running around talking about “both cultures” this or “mixed race” that … People who harp on this act like they have nothing else of interest about themselves.