ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

PHAEDRA PARKS TALKS FITNESS DURING PREGNANCY

Phaedra Parks is serious about exercising during pregnancy with her and husband Apollo’s second child. The reality star recently sat down with OK! magazine to talk about her current workout video that is doing well with the Amazon market, and plans to create a routine especially for pregnant women.

On her current workout video.

“We’re in the top 5 Amazon workout videos currently and we’ve actually crashed Amazon a few times so we’re very excited about our sales—they’ve been very good. At the end of the day we made this video because I think I’m very similar to most women. I work hard I have a family, I have a career and sometimes when you think about exercise and working out as a career woman when can I fit this in so when we did the video we did it in 8 minute increments so that if you do have a busy schedule you can do 8 minutes, you can stop, do a few more minutes but you can still get your workout in and we make it accessible for everybody.”

A pregnancy video in the works.

“I’m going to do a pregnancy video. Because I think when you’re actually pregnant its very good to work out and I think that’s why I was able to bounce back so fast because I worked out about 5 days a week during my first pregnancy and now I workout about 3 days a week now so I’m going to shoot a pregnancy fitness video this month. That is definitely a niche market that people don’t think about. But pregnant women want to workout and sometimes it’s not always comfortable to be in a gym atmosphere with a lot of non pregnant women. But that’s very specific as well to exercises that don’t obviously spawn labor.”

Phaedra time.

“I try and get a massage at least once a week, and I have the best guy that does my pregnancy massage. I get my nails done religiously, get my hair done. But I try and take care of myself because I want to look good for my husband, but I want to look good for myself – and that’s important.”

Photo: Bravotv

9 Comments to “PHAEDRA PARKS TALKS FITNESS DURING PREGNANCY”

• Micaela March 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm

She looks great!

• Sarah Park March 1, 2013 at 4:52 am

She still looks absolutely gorgeous even with her baby bump.

• Nene February 28, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Pregnant women are beautiful.

• Misunderstood February 28, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I’ve never been pregnant so don’t go on thee attack! I thought while ur pregnant that’s the time to eat and enjoy all the things u couldn’t before u got pregnant. Working out could be dangerous right?

• Oxford March 1, 2013 at 12:51 am

@Misunderstood, Are you messing with us? I was able to experience my mum’s pregnancies with my five younger brothers (three pregnancies, two sets of fraternal twins) so I know that while you have to gain weight, you don’t get to overeat.

Everything is still in moderation, maybe five smaller meals throughout the day instead of three large and you still have to eat healthy. No junk just cause you’re pregnant :-) The more weight you put on while pregnant the harder it will be to lose it. I think with one baby you should put on maybe 8-16 kg, more with twins (I asked).

My mum and her mates worked out all through their pregnancies. One of them was still jogging the morning of the day she gave birth (right nutter). While my mum stopped running during her pregnancies, she still swam every opportunity she got.

Upside, you get to eat weird stuff like blood pudding and souse with hot sauce and no one blinks an eye. Yuck!!

• Jess March 1, 2013 at 2:38 am

Quite the contrary actually …it is important to eat a wide variety of healthy foods to make sure you’re getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals for you AND your baby. It’s not a good idea to pig out and eat a bunch of junk food during your entire pregnancy as that could lead to complications. Exercise is actually encouraged…just as long as it is LOW intensity exercise like pregnancy yoga, walking, etc…

• Misunderstood March 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Thanks!

• Pinnacle February 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Not a fan of the dress while pregnant.

• Ateya February 28, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Good for her…cant wait to see the new baby boy. Congrats on all ur success hun~